What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cls recovery?

dr.bootz

what are some of the ways people keep there spools between 80-120 for recovery ? i can't find an efficient way it seems. I purchased a heat mat (supposedly high efficiency)but the temperatures drop drastically by the end .Latley i have just run hot water from my sink and keep exchanging the water by hand it tends to get really messy.

DoubtingThomas

I use roof deicing cable insulated by space blanket. keeps it stable and is safe when compared to some of the other options. makes a huge difference in recovery percentages

zeet

Veteran
I use a cooler that I set the pot in then fill with water about half way up the pot. To keep it warm I use a sous vide controller like this: http://www.amazon.com/Dorkfood-Sous...TF8&qid=1439664106&sr=8-13&keywords=sous+vide then a heat coil like this: http://www.amazon.com/11-1-Max-Wate...sim_328_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1251QT0HXZP9VT2GKD47

to keep the water temp even I place a small fountain pump in the water to keep it swirling around in the cooler.

I've had very consistent and accurate temp control with this set up.

gholladay

I use silicon heat mats from a company called Keenovo in China to warm a water basin. It holds very consistent temps and was very affordable.

GH

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what are some of the ways people keep there spools between 80-120 for recovery ? i can't find an efficient way it seems. I purchased a heat mat (supposedly high efficiency)but the temperatures drop drastically by the end .Latley i have just run hot water from my sink and keep exchanging the water by hand it tends to get really messy.

Heat cable, heat mat, and hot water jacket.

Chonkski

Bucket heater from Amazon, xxl water basin from tractor supply, and a small fountain pump from the hardware store to circulate the water

goolash

do you have your mk3 in the water bath whilst you're flooding butane, and if so, do you have your recovery valve open to start with?