What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

organic goodness!

fatburt

just got back from shopping,will be mixing soil and cooking for 3 weeks.i have blood meal,bone meal,perlite,micros,trace elements,kelp meal,epsom salts,gaia green power bloom,worm castings,seaplex,guano...perlite and gaia green power bloom not in pic....i now see the fish fert is only 50% organic,funny the hydro guy recommended it when i said i was going 100% organic,ill be replacing with 100% hydrolyzed fish ....i hate salesmen...lol

plant to veg for 4-5 weeks,teas once a week,plus top dress,then to flower.....with the stuff i have can someone give me a veg and flower tea recipe?i have molasses and all i need is a 20 gallon tote and an air pump.
are teas supposed to be diluted once brewed?

Attachments

• WP_20140912_002[1].jpg
    WP_20140912_002[1].jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
Awesome pile of goodies there! The only thing I would say is really missing would be coco coir and gypsum. Personally in all my gardening(and I do a lot of non-cannabis gardening as well) I have stopped using blood and bone meal completely. I have them around still just in case. The blood meal especially can provide quick nitrogen. I also keep aged urine around for emergency supply of nitrogen, phosphorus, and everything else for that matter(urine is a well-rounded fertilizer), but that also goes unused for the most part. Ever since I started making my own compost I just haven't had a situation where any of those things are needed. My compost is so rich sometimes I have to even dial it back a bit. So if there is any way you can start your own compost or vermicompost(worms), I strongly recommend you do so. The benefits are fresh microbial populations, great control over what goes into your dirt, and instead of buying expensive fertilizers your appropriate food wastes, untreated lawn clippings, and many more free things can be turned into a much more useful product than anything you buy. There are some guys on here who are much better cannabis growers than I am that don't use any store bought nutrients at all. I don't use any on my tomatoes and I've had professional gardeners and farmers absolutely stunned at how big they grow. Last year a tomato plant spawned out of a vent hole in my composter which I let grow for the hell of it and I had it trained up the side of my house about 8 feet, and it covered about 150 square feet. That is ONE PLANT, and growing in nothing but compost. I'm not saying all the fancy nutes are bad, I'm just saying don't get oversold on things you can easily make for yourself.