What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

boggledragon seedlings have 3 leaves,3 cotyledons!

fatburt

so out of 10 seedlings i have 2 with 3 cotyledons and above 3 leaves...i have seen twins once,but never this,anyone ever see this?

Attachments

• WP_20140911_003[1].jpg
    WP_20140911_003[1].jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 6

dj.scotfree

I have ran across these but not that young.. the ones I have seen have shown at the 3-4 nodes.. But they are prob "Trifoliates".. I am running a OGR Fire OG BX trifoliate right now.. a friend didn't want it.. as it is a slow grower... Not sure she is a keeper but.. I will def flower her out though... In theory a trifoliate should produce more due to 3 branches as opposed to 2.. You never know ;) Keep us posted ;) love & light~ djsf

IndoGorilla

I believe the term is "whorled phyllotaxy". I had this in 2 plants before. I killed one to check root development out of curiosity and flowered the other one. I thought they would yield 1.5x the bud a normal plant but they actually yielded less than the normal ones. It grew basically as 1 main cola and that's it.

Green Sky

Trifoliates

Trifoliates

I have had Grape punch and other bog strains give me trifoliate branches early on, but they do not last long or seem to be a replicable breeding trait. Search some old topics like trifoliate and plant oddities in search bar

Latest posts

Latest posts