What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what are the benefits of no nitrogen mid-late flowering?

noworries

I have been using "the recipe" formula for a few months now and love it. I just dont cut out the nitrogen at day 32. I tried it and I got scared with leaves starting to yellow so quickly :comfort:

anyhow, my stuff ALWAYS tastes pretty much the same, no different between critical mass and northern lights blueberry at all. So I'm thinking about just cutting the nitrogen out at day 32 (if i recall correctly) if it is beneficial.

Has anyone went from using nitrogen all the way through to cutting it out and had positive results they can tell me about?

edit: apologies, its the 6/9 in coco.. this is the link to it

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=81674

amannamedtruth

Veteran
Most people feed grow formula through week one or two of flowering. I like to Feed grow week one, then half bloom half grow, for week two, then at week four will give a lil' shot of Bio-Cozyme just for an all around nutrient jolt.

Longer flowering strains, 11-12 weeks, should probably get two weeks veg then half/half grow/bloom for week three.
More nitrogen means smaller buds, and harsher flavor. Less resin.

supermanlives

Veteran
thats why i switched to earth juice . the bloom has no n. i have limited experience with coco. tried it way back and failed miserably. i would suggest a test for yourself. i would never run n till the end .

I've been running the 6/9 until flush and have been getting pretty chunky buds. I'm gonna try cutting out the micro this time and see how it goes.

noworries

I've been running the 6/9 until flush and have been getting pretty chunky buds. I'm gonna try cutting out the micro this time and see how it goes.

i'm with you on this basically.

I normally dont flush, but I'm going to start as well as drop Nitrogen in an effort to improve my quality in the taste department.

My shits always very green when cut. Bud sizes are fat and dense running 6/9 until harvest

cyat

Veteran
too much nitrogen will give you leafy buds and more stems in the buds

B

Bag

if all yer weed taste the same yer mix is fucked, bone meal made all my weed to taste the same, i cut out the bonemeal and my weed got way much more flavor.
but seriously either its yer palate or yer soil mix, but diff plants shouldnt realy taste the same, i usualy have same strain diff phenos taste different.

T

TribalSeeds

How long before harvest do you want your plants to start turning yellow?
I screwed up trying a new formula with KB powder and one of my plants is starting to yellow 2 weeks from harvest. A few others are starting to fade.
I followed my feed charts instructions, but replaced Shooting Powder w/KB powder and also lowered the base nutes to 1.2(as instructed) before adding the KB. That gave them a slight tip burn. so I added back some water and ended up without enough N.
I plan about 1 week more w/nutes then fade out.
How big of a mistake was that? Im noticing they arent so sticky anymore, but still shooting out new pistils and pure frosty nugs

2012-10-06_23-27-06_383.jpg

2012-10-06_23-27-01_203.jpg

2012-10-06_23-26-27_448.jpg

2012-10-06_23-25-33_179.jpg

How long can I let these go? I kicked up the base slightly and reduced the KB powder.

Last edited:

Green Supreme

Veteran
On say 9 weekers, I like to see mostly yellow by week 7. At that point I am usually at week 2 of leaching. Peace GS

noworries

How long before harvest do you want your plants to start turning yellow?
I screwed up trying a new formula with KB powder and one of my plants is starting to yellow 2 weeks from harvest. A few others are starting to fade.
I followed my feed charts instructions, but replaced Shooting Powder w/KB powder and also lowered the base nutes to 1.2(as instructed) before adding the KB and had a slight tip burn. I added back some water and ended up without enough N.
I plan about 1 week more w/nutes then fade out.
How big of a mistake was that? Im noticing they arent so sticky anymore, but still shooting out new pistils and pure frosty nugs

View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

How long can I let these go? I kicked up the base slightly and reduced the KB powder.

that is a nice canopy

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Read Hundred Gram Oz write up on drip feeding coco ...... same as me, no N from day 40, there's should be enough in the leaves already to provide the requirements for flowering, with resultant yellowing of fans as the N is used up and flavour filled buds

cyat

Veteran
whoever negrepped me for my input is real clown.... curious why? show yourself

too much nitro with give you less trichomes too

instead of the neg rep maybe explain why u disagree

supermanlives

Veteran
get over it man . i dont even bother responding to neg k . gimme all you got i dont care neither should u. if you are harvesting green plants your missing out and your wasting ferts too prob.

DrFever

Veteran
get over it man . i dont even bother responding to neg k . gimme all you got i dont care neither should u. if you are harvesting green plants your missing out.

More and more growers are coming to realize that keeping it green till harvest is key to good yields ,
to much nutrients and your plants get burnt = plant stress
to little nutrients and plant shows signs of def = plant stress yields diminish
Stop thinking that a plant needs to yellow that's the life cycle bla bla bla , horse shit its maintaining all key micro and macro till plants is ready to harvest :biggrin::thank you:
when growing out door there are other elements that are at work here like colder night temps etc causing leaf coloring etc in indoor growing we are luckier we can keep temps to near perfect controlled climates

T

TribalSeeds

whoever negrepped me for my input is real clown.... curious why? show yourself

too much nitro with give you less trichomes too

instead of the neg rep maybe explain why u disagree

I think youre right about the trichs on the buds, but not the leaf...
Ive never seen snow like this on my buds. This strain is frosty, but usually the leaf explodes with frost. Mine are fading and not frosting, but the buds are getting coated in frost now!
I didnt neg you, but Ive seen you get all pissed about it before... No worries man, I think I have more neg than positive rep. They arent gonna boot you or something.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts