What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Alarming Whole-Neighborhood Raid in Santa Rosa, CA

Norkali

Link: Authorities target illegal pot grows in southwest Santa Rosa sweep

Dozens of combat-clad police officers, deputies and federal agents swarmed a southwest Santa Rosa neighborhood Wednesday morning in the region's largest-ever operation against residential marijuana gardens.

A team of 150 law enforcement officers raided 32 homes on Moorland Avenue, Eddy Drive, Barbara Drive and Neville Way, immediately south of the Corby Auto Mall.
Following the initial raid, officers carrying search warrants went into yards and confiscated a large amount of marijuana plants. Residents, many of them handcuffed, sat in front yards and watched as the pot was piled in great heaps.
The raids began about 9 a.m. when FBI agents in full military gear ordered residents to leave their homes, then rushed into the residences, most of them modest multi-plex units. The neighborhood was punctuated by the sounds of exploding flash grenades at several homes.
The agents ushered adults and children outside, where many of the adults were handcuffed and watched over by officers with a variety of agencies. Participants included personnel from the Sonoma County Sheriff's Office, Probation Department and District Attorney's Office, Santa Rosa Police Department, California Highway Patrol and federal departments of Homeland Security and Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
Sheriff's Lt. Dennis O'Leary said the operation was planned after authorities discovered that suspected pot cultivation in the neighborhood had become rampant.
“We just looked into this neighborhood and, literally, probably every backyard but two or three have a (marijuana) grow,” O'Leary said. “Our goal is to go in there to rid the neighborhood of these, what we think are probably illegal grows.”
This was a mostly Hispanic neighborhood....'ghetto' by Santa Rosa standards, but not bad at all.

This makes me uneasy and I don't like the connotations....

bilde

dizzze

O'Leary said. “Our goal is to go in there to rid the neighborhood of these, what we think are probably illegal grows.”

wtf

astartes

“We just looked into this neighborhood and, literally, probably every backyard but two or three have a (marijuana) grow,” O'Leary said. “Our goal is to go in there to rid the neighborhood of these, what we think are probably illegal grows.”

Guilty until proven innocent. U--S--A! U--S--A! U--S--A!

a.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Another case of a hick-ass town is out of cash, so they start pandering to the DEA for Federal Funding!!

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow...that is truly scary..I am .....speechless....

Edit...although now the Grape Ape is kicking in...that chick in the camo carrying the AR-15 looks kinda Hawt.....

BM-504

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was just going to post that link and pic of the storm troopers.
What a waste of $$$$.
Click on the link and see the "huge" plants they got LMAO
Wish they rolled up the fucking tweakers like that in my neck of the woods.

Stay safe
BM

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
and nobody fired a single shot?killem all ambush the bastards like they did you,they just stomped your rights into the ground and the judges and da s are supporting them,all that is needed is for good men to do nothing.....

mack 10

Veteran
WTF! this is some shizz even for the feds.busting the whole neighborhood? fu''kin crazy.
with Ar 15's and stun grenades. Total waste of $.
mack.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Surprised they didnt haul it all off with helicopters too...

I feel for these people.. truly fucked up shit.
So was it just a smash and grab eradication effort or are they actually charging these people whom they think have illegal grows? Uproot it all and then figure out who is legal and who isnt?

Any houses raided that turned up 100% clean?

Must have been a real chill neighborhood up until this bullshit happened..

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
What it comes down to, is that people figured out a way to avoid getting completely screwed by the bankers and government taxes(by producing a product that has good margins). So the government came in and figured out another way to make sure they could break them. It wasn't enough to screw them on loans, inflation, health care, education, and culture. They have to have everything.

I'm guessing it's just a smash and grab. No point in wasting money on prosecution. If the houses have some equity. They might seize them. If there's any cars etc...they'll take those. Otherwise it's just a move to put everyone back to the start line, or worse a few feet behind it.