What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GRAVITY ????'s

avant gardener

Veteran
emerald triangle gravity:
trying to separate the truth from the game.
got questions.

1. anyone willing to cop to having used the stuff? never mind the supposed risks for a second. is it a useful additive in terms of increasing yield?

2. how much do lights and nutes need to be dialed back to use it? when do you use it? how much, and for how long? (i do recirc hydro).

3. can you use this in conjunction with a PK booster like KoolBloom, MOAB, etc., or is it an either/or proposition?

4. i understand that bushmaster contains paclobutrazol. is that the case with gravity as well? is this confirmed? is there any hard data regarding the actual risks associated with ingesting paclo or is this another case of prop 65 insanity?

thanks gang!

Shafto

Perfect timing, right after the bush load thread was closed, ha.

I'm not gonna get into the safety of it again, you can go look in that thread for my views on the topic.

As for it's use, I don't know why you'd want to use it late in flower, unless you were having a foxtailing problem, it would probably stop that in it's tracks.

From what I can tell it would be best to use week 2-3 of flower to stop stretch where you want the plants for canopy management. Paclo also increases root growth and will keep internodes tight, buds will be more dense.

On the flip side it can also apparently reduce trich and terpene production, but I think that is probably due to overuse. I'm very interested to try it as soon as I get a chance to see for myself.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do a search on "Gravity" you will find many threads discussing this topic both pro and con.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From what I can tell it would be best to use week 2-3 of flower to stop stretch where you want the plants for canopy management. Paclo also increases root growth and will keep internodes tight, buds will be more dense.

^ thats what bushmaster does, and how it is supposed to be used... I used both these products on one of my first crops, my buds ended up hard and heavy but I never did a side by side so I don't know how much of that was just genetics or how much was the products... I ended up giving them away to a buddy that wanted to use them.

the gravity is supposed to be " a natural product made form sea kelp extract" and is really just a very mild P source.

gravity is supposed to be used about 4 weeks before harvest for like 3 days if I remember correctly... and i used like 1/4 strength Nutes... i didn't experience any negative effects from it, but again also couldn't tell you if it really helped any either....:tiphat:

EDIT:I was in soil, FWIW

Peace,
Infi

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes they BOTH contain PCR's (wiki it)

In California they don't even sell it anymore (supposedly) but my local hydro whore store has it hidden behind the counter, you just have to ask for it and the guy gives you a speech on how to ONLY use it on "ornamental plants" nothing you would consume.

growshopfrank

Veteran
paclobutrazol talk about anticlimax use it and you get these softball size nugs that are rock hard on the plant but dry soft as shit with a woody texture and they will have lousy potency regardless of strain and best of all smoking them might make you sick sounds like a winner to me

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
I knew many people who used it. Shit, they probably still do...

If I remember correctly, used it on day 10 and 14 only, at 1/2 strength and it will do what its supposed to do, with no ill affects...

It DOES reduce smell, taste and thc, when used at recommended dose, even less....

It ALSO produces "gorilla armpit hair" buds. buds that look like they were rolled in hairs, cant even see any bud, when used to much....

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
RE> It ALSO produces "gorilla armpit hair" buds. buds that look like they were rolled in hairs, cant even see any bud, when used to much....

We call that the "European Girl" look here....lol

A

ak-51

If you're going to use PGR's at least use them from a reputable company that is upfront about what their product contains. I hate the idea of buying a chemical that's been around for decades in a bottle with a line of bullshit like "we scaled the most remote mountain in Peru to find you this secret totally natural plant extract!" When in reality their manufacturing process is as simple as buying bulk chemicals straight from China and mixing it with water and food coloring.

Syngenta, Greenleaf Chemical, OHP and Fine Americas all produce PBZ products. All four of those have 4000 ppm, compared to Gravity's 516 ppm. Do the math, don't pay for water and bullshit marketing; that is if you choose to at all.

search feature on the Big I suuuuuucks.
I just completely ignore IC Mag's search function and use google. Type in:

(the string you want to search for) site:icmag.com

and that'll do it.

Example:

Gravity site:icmag.com

Bushmaster, Dr. Nodes, Phosphoload, Early Turn, and Flower Dragon, all contain Paclobuzitrol and another PGR. All these listed have varying amounts of Paclo, but not too much, whereas Gravity has only Paclo, and at a much higher concentration.

In reading about Paclo, I read it is effective at amounts as low as 1ppm.

These products definitely do what others have said, hairy buds, rock hard nugs with less smell and less crystals and potency.

I've used them off and on over the years and have definitely seen the differences between with, and without. Quality is definitely better without.

I've made the same weight by better managing plant numbers, pruning, and more attention to detail, with the best quality.

A

ak-51

I've used them off and on over the years and have definitely seen the differences between with, and without. Quality is definitely better without.
What was your goal in using them? Were you looking for more weight, harder buds, less stretch, some combination of the three or something else entirely? How did you apply it?

G

Guest 315072

i use very small amounts of gravity.. on plants that have a fluffier side to them. and they got denser.. but iunno i try not to use a ton of it .. litterally 5mls per 30 gallons.. no more then that with any of there products .. i see great results using CANNAs organic nute line.. .

A

ak-51

Does anybody have a link to a pdf of the label for any PBZ containing products like Gravity or Bushmaster?

I would like to know how much use is recommended so that I have something to compare the toxicity rates to.

I can just snap a picture of the back next time I'm at the hydro shop, but it seems like I should be able to find them online somewhere...

EDIT: Found it

picture.php

So Bushmaster is 271ppm and Gravity is 516ppm (of PBZ)

They recommend applying both at a rate of 1/3840 (1tsp / 5 gallons, 5 gallons = 3840 tsp)

So they are recommending application rates of 0.07ppm when using Bushmaster, and 0.13ppm when using Gravity?

Why would they say only use Bushmaster twice when they would have you go ahead and use Gravity throughout the rest of the grow with higher ppms? There's some other PGR in one of those huh, the one that starts with a D. Actually no I think the product with the two PGR's in it was Flower Dragon.

Is that right? Will somebody check my math here?

Latest posts

Latest posts