Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)

Thread Title Search
Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2007, 04:51 AM #41
PhenoMenal
Hairdresser

PhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
The formula is:
12 • pounds ÷ ppm = drops
... in other words you need an accurate PPM meter and a calculator

Im tempted to get a bottle from the chemist just to have the occassional dose once every month or so for good health - its not that expensive, and that way I wont have any doubts about the PPM/dosage. Think I'll save my homemade stuff for the greens - especially because you need to make high-PPM CS for that purpose. Call me a wuss if you will

Last edited by PhenoMenal; 06-13-2007 at 04:56 AM..
PhenoMenal is offline Quote

Old 06-13-2007, 05:24 AM #42
chosen

chosen will become famous soon enoughchosen will become famous soon enough
Nice Info... You guys should really think about going 12/12 from seed combined with the Fem seed.
Love It
chosen is offline Quote

Old 06-13-2007, 05:55 AM #43
PhenoMenal
Hairdresser

PhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Nice Info... You guys should really think about going 12/12 from seed combined with the Fem seed.
Uhh... can we ask why? :smile: I don't think I'm quite understanding you .... what's the link between feminized seeds and going 12/12 from seed?

Old 06-13-2007, 12:23 PM #44
2ezy
is back out of the cage

2ezy is on a distinguished road
Clever stuff, but I'll just stick to my GB acid..
2ezy is offline Quote

Old 06-13-2007, 12:29 PM #45
PhenoMenal
Hairdresser

2ezy, that's fair enough - GA, STS and CS have all been proven to work ... but can you provide some reasons why use GA (other than "because I've already got it")? :smile:
CS is a lot cheaper, easy to make on demand, not controlled, non-toxic, safer to use ...

Last edited by PhenoMenal; 06-13-2007 at 12:54 PM..

Old 06-13-2007, 03:37 PM #46
GorillaGrower
like planet of the apes x cheech and chong

GorillaGrower has disabled reputation
this is a great thread guys.. I appreciate the info CB, PM, and GK. STS is far from being to hard.. (was gonna try that soon) but with CS being THIS easy and availabile (already have silver coins from back in the glass blowing days)..

I imagine you guys (Gk) aren't making gallons a day of the CS? How much water should be used overnight with this size generator in the thread? this might seem like a dumb ? but , are you making the CS (say w/ a half liter of water) then adding that to water to thin it out? (for multiple plants)

I mean you can just buy a couple of these dc adapters at a pawn shop for a buck and make a few generators.. but I'm just trying to think of scale. .and with enough things in all of our lives to worry about. checking on my CS farm is the last thing I need.

the foam or whatever seems like a good idea.. I'm sure some of you have rigged some of these up. What is everyone using to suspend the silver in the water ?? Not trying to make this difficult.. but having to spray daily /every other day means making alot of solution//
It seems buying 999 silver wire would be the easy way for everything. to suspend that is.
GorillaGrower is offline Quote

Old 06-13-2007, 03:50 PM #47
2ezy
is back out of the cage

2ezy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenoMenal
2ezy, that's fair enough - GA, STS and CS have all been proven to work ... but can you provide some reasons why use GA (other than "because I've already got it")? :smile:
CS is a lot cheaper, easy to make on demand, not controlled, non-toxic, safer to use ...
Mate but that's enough reason right there! I've got it and it's ready to go with no messing around. It is not controlled here in the land down ganja though, it isn't real safe your right, however it is very effective and the paste is easier(and safer) to work with than the spray.

Don't get me wrong I reckon it is cool what you have done and I would do the same if I couldn't get my GB.
2ezy is offline Quote

Old 06-13-2007, 04:39 PM #48
Pipedream
Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969

Pipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of light
Sounds interesting and like a real no-brainer. A couple of questions though before I give up my current method......

What is the target strength of the final solution / suspension?

As a TDS meter is reading Disolved Solids and not Suspended matter, are the TDS readings accurate, or would an EC reading be more appropriate?

If this is a suspension as opposed to a solution, how long will the silver stay in suspension before parcipitating out? This will determine how much can be prepared in advance and for how long it can be stored.

Using your given voltage & amperage, and a known amount of silver surface contact area, what volume of distilled water are you working with?

Thanks

Pipedream is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:32 AM #49
Guyute54

So basically this stuff turns your plant's into hermaphrodites. And the hermie pollen is used to make female seeds ? Won't the offspring (seeds) have some hermie trait's then? I really want to try this out but am worried what the offspring will be. Any good links to someone using this method ?

Old 06-14-2007, 02:47 PM #50
Iluvtomatoes

Iluvtomatoes is on a distinguished road
This is very cool, Thank you I might have to give this a go...

CO2, portable a/c, exhaust fans, semi-closed environments and lung rooms-Equipment like Whoa!
Iluvtomatoes is offline Quote