Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Zamnesia
Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2007, 11:59 AM #31

Wow, i'd always heard, that you need 30 volts! Hooah, i guess those websites were wrong! This is great, because everybody can get a 9 volt wall wart. At the second hand stores they have them for like.. two bucks; i use them for driving computer fans here and there.

A glass of water, a timer lying around, a coin cut in half...

Thanks a WHOLE LOT for letting us know you can make Colloidal with just 9 volts!

Excellent, excellent....

Everybody's got a meter practically, after they grow for awhile. Anybody want to give the deal on what kinds of ppms we can look for, for medicinal, for feminizing, etc?

Thanks in advance and again: THANKS FOR CLEARING THIS UP i never tried it because i always forget to look for 30 volt power supplies.

Oh yea, one more thing i just thought of: i'll bet it wouldn't take much, to figure out how to just slide each coin, into a slot: in a chunk of styrofoam: and float the coins that way; or, to slip the coins into a chunk of pool noodle. The pool noodle's hollow: you could just slip the coins into slots in the sides, on each end, and tag that slot with the super glue so it holds: the pool noodle would hold the coins downward, and the clips could grab onto the coins in that center hole, there.

Heck; if you use two chunks of pool noodle, i bet you could simply jam the coins sideways into the hole in the center of each little flotational chunk of pool noodle. I'd tag it with a little drop of glue

Or wrap each wire around a pencil: hit with a touchhhhhh of super glue or hot glue so they both hang evenly: and keep the coins submerged like that.

Just great little do -it -yourself'er.

Thanks again, i hate having to watch great stock dwindle down, but my grows often stop for awhile, and i usually, use seed because after i grow for the wife and i, we don't grow for a few months. Looks like now, i'll be able to harvest and then re-veg particularly good plants: spritz and POW make a batch of seeds.

Thanks again Pheno, really; excellent little tutorial, etc i REALLY appreciate it man.

Last edited by -KiNgMaKeR-; 06-11-2007 at 12:11 PM..

Old 06-11-2007, 12:10 PM #32
PhenoMenal
XGames Quantumboarder

PhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to behold
Maybe you could use 30V and maybe the process may happen faster? Then again maybe it'd just melt your silver!? I'm not sure. I'm guessing you could even use a 1V adapter, if they even exist. But it sounds like a lot of people are getting great success from standard 6V, 9V or 12V DC adapters (chances are you've already got one floating around the house somewhere!)
One website I read about it was from a guy who'd done a lot of experimenting, and his conclusion was that 9V DC 600mA was ideal, and goldking seemed to agree

ps. and yep your suggestion of buying just 1 coin and cutting it in half is good, that'd work just as well and silver is quite malleable so should be easy enough to cut. I'd get a full 1oz coin if cutting it in half though so you still end up with 2 x 1/2oz

ps. ....... "pool noodle"? what the fuck are you talking about? lol

Last edited by PhenoMenal; 06-11-2007 at 01:34 PM..
PhenoMenal is offline Quote

Old 06-11-2007, 12:13 PM #33

This is awesome, man: really -thanks a lot. Thanks so much.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:24 PM #34
PhenoMenal
XGames Quantumboarder

PhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to beholdPhenoMenal is a splendid one to behold
Here's another example of how simple it is ... (but they charge you US$49, lol) - "The MiniCS":
https://www.elixa.com/silver/MiniCS.htm

As you can see, all it is: a 9V battery, a battery adapter with alligator clips already soldered on for you, and two pieces of wire. Probably costs them about US$10 each, with the battery probably costing more than the silver (doesn't look like much silver, I'd guess less than 1/4oz)

Last edited by PhenoMenal; 06-11-2007 at 12:30 PM..

Old 06-11-2007, 08:28 PM #35
AriesXX
Growin' til the day I die!

AriesXX has a spectacular aura aboutAriesXX has a spectacular aura aboutAriesXX has a spectacular aura aboutAriesXX has a spectacular aura about
Fantastic thread! I've never tried making seeds before, but I think next run I'll give it a try. I was worried no one would want to try my crosses, but if they're femmed I think they'll be irresistable . Are the self'd seeds basically clones of the mother plant in seed form? Any phenotypic variations within the self'd seeds?
AriesXX is offline Quote

Old 06-11-2007, 08:39 PM #36
cocktail frank
Ubiquitous

cocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant future
you crazy scientists and your labs.
“Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do,
every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.
And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish,
where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!
But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money!
He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!”

R.I.P. George Carlin
the funniest man to ever walk god's green earth.
R.I.P. Buckeye
cocktail frank is offline Quote

Old 06-12-2007, 06:32 AM #37
PhenoMenal
XGames Quantumboarder

cocktail frank,
scientists? labs? where? the whole purpose of this thread was to defeat that stigma
Come on frank, admit it - you've got a 9V adapter somewhere in your house and you're currently fighting the urge to invest $1 in alligator clips.

Aries,
Quote:
Are the self'd seeds basically clones of the mother plant in seed form? Any phenotypic variations within the self'd seeds?
If you've got a clone-only strain then you don't have any choice but to self it, but ideally you'd grow out two seeds (either of the same strain, or different if you want to make a cross), spray one to make pollen then use that pollen to pollenate the other. ie. avoid incest where possible

Old 06-12-2007, 03:47 PM #38
cocktail frank
Ubiquitous

cocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant future
hey pheno, i have alligator clips all over the place, they are mostly roach clips :P
“Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do,
every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.
And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish,
where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!
But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money!
He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!”

R.I.P. George Carlin
the funniest man to ever walk god's green earth.
R.I.P. Buckeye
cocktail frank is offline Quote

Old 06-13-2007, 03:21 AM #39
Wayzer

Wayzer is a jewel in the roughWayzer is a jewel in the roughWayzer is a jewel in the roughWayzer is a jewel in the roughWayzer is a jewel in the roughWayzer is a jewel in the roughWayzer is a jewel in the rough
amazing post... was wondering about this today

definitely making one asap

thanks
Wayzer is offline Quote

Old 06-13-2007, 03:27 AM #40
Wayzer

Wayzer is a jewel in the roughWayzer is a jewel in the roughWayzer is a jewel in the roughWayzer is a jewel in the roughWayzer is a jewel in the roughWayzer is a jewel in the roughWayzer is a jewel in the rough
somebody asked about dosages for ingesting the silver and it got me curious... for those interested...

"Safe usage with the 12-for-25™ rule

The 12-for-25™ rule is a formula devised by Jay Newman, president and CEO of Invision International Health Solutions, manufacturers of Silver 100™ Ionic Silver Complex, a dietary supplement containing silver.

It provides a simple method for determining how many drops an individual can take per day of any given silver product to be at or below 25% of the RfD guideline.

Note that in the formulas below, the "·" symbol indicates "multiplied by."

The formula is:

12 • pounds ÷ ppm = drops

What that says in plain English is the following:

12, multiplied by the number of pounds of body weight of the person, divided by the ppm of the product, equals the number of drops of the product that it is safe for the person to take per day—because it will result in an amount of silver intake that is equal to about 25% of the amount of silver the EPA suggests as the safety guideline (RfD) for the upper limit of daily silver intake.

The 12-for-25™ rule can be applied to the ingestion of any product that contains silver, regardless of whether it is commercially produced or made at home and regardless of whether the product is called ionic or colloidal or nano or anything else.

It maintains that a basic rule of thumb that's probably more than safe is that if your daily intake of silver from a dietary supplement is less than about 25% of the silver that the EPA recommends as safe for daily oral ingestion of silver, you're probably fine. This is like saying that if the EPA's suggested limits on silver concentration in drinking water are exactly met, and a person drinks a liter of water per 77 pounds of body weight, obtaining the equivalent of 25% of that much silver with a dietary supplement will result in about the same amount of silver as their drinking an additional 25% of a liter of their water per 77 pounds of body weight.

All things considered, the 12-for-25™ rule should obviously be a very reliable safety guideline."

https://www.silverfacts.com/safety.html

Last edited by Wayzer; 06-18-2007 at 12:22 AM..
Wayzer is offline Quote