Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Why do i always get Hermies?

Thread Title Search
Advertise on ICMag - Click for more info
Why do i always get Hermies? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2018, 08:45 PM #41
ganjygav
Cannalise Legabis

ganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud of
Just to prove a point. It's night time now.
Look how bright my backyard is. I turned off my security light which is 600w halogen for the photo. I used no flash and you can see how bright it is.

I repeat I get no hermies with my backyard plants, only indoors.
Light leak is bs imo on hermie cause.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:47 PM #42
aridbud
automeister

aridbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringodoggie View Post
Main reasons for hermie is usually genetics, light leaks or stress. Usually in that order.

Sounds like you are cloning the same strain over and over. If you are (and they have the hermie gene), each successive crop will be worse. At least that has been my experience. Start fresh with a new seed.

Light leaks. Stand inside your room with lights off. It should be 100% black. Patch any light leaks.

That's 2 out of 3 of the main causes.
Great info. True!
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders of unique quality cannabis autoflower hybrid seeds at down to earth prices; now 11 years running!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2018, 08:53 PM #43
ganjygav
Cannalise Legabis

ganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud of
And here's a photo of inside my tent with lights off. You can't even see the the zips, this is the same situation the seeds herm in.
So now tell me how my hermies are from light leaks indoors but the plants outdoors bathed in artificial light don't.
I'm open minded and accept any explanation that makes sense because it's a question I've puzzled over for a long time lol.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:16 PM #44
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irael View Post
Alright thats really helping me out! Thanks alot for that reply.
So my biggest fear after the last grow was that some pollen will get stuck in some places of the growbox and will immediately pollinate the new ones.
But if in this scenario the plants will only grow seeds in the buds and do not get hermie with all the nanners like they did on me that means that it cannot come from pollen of the last grow am i right?
you are right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irael View Post
So i also read that some people say that light leaks cannot cause hermies. I also thought of that moonlight theory, because when the moon is really bright all the outdoor plants have to hermie if they were so sensitive to light leaks.
ok, light leaks CAN certainly cause hermies sometimes, but like i said with stable genetics a tiny bit of light leak is unlikely to cause problems... that said, it is better not to have any light leaks!

how many times have you had this problem?
what genetics are you using? have you used he same clone variety each time or have they been different genetics with the same hermie problem?

VG

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG
VerdantGreen is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2018, 10:23 PM #45
bigganjabud

bigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganjygav View Post
And here's a photo of inside my tent with lights off. You can't even see the the zips, this is the same situation the seeds herm in.
So now tell me how my hermies are from light leaks indoors but the plants outdoors bathed in artificial light don't.
I'm open minded and accept any explanation that makes sense because it's a question I've puzzled over for a long time lol.
View Image
Are you still getting hermes gav? I'd say it was a dodgy timer now then mate as we've picked through all the other possibilities man possibly a damaged tappits in the segments mate
bigganjabud is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2018, 11:23 PM #46
ganjygav
Cannalise Legabis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigganjabud View Post
Are you still getting hermes gav? I'd say it was a dodgy timer now then mate as we've picked through all the other possibilities man possibly a damaged tappits in the segments mate
Nah last 2 grows I've used clones and zero herms fella.
It was my last 3 grows with seeds that I had herms with. Imagine losing 3 crops in a row, different strains by different breeders and not knowing what was causing it.

I thought I was f#@king up but like I say I've done 2 grows since with clones of 3 different strains and no hermies. In the same tent, in the same room... Same everything.

This is why when people flat out say it's light leaks puzzles me, I've had the same strain grow indoors and hermie while across the road in the very same street it grew outdoors fine with all the lights that are on out there.

Ya if ya lights come on in the grow room for 15mins each night in flower because timer is knackered I imagine that would upset the plants.

I believe it's mostly to do with genetics. In their rush to pump out the fashionable strains quality is being over looked.
Look how many seeds come out within a year of people going crazy for a clone only strain.
Gg#4 and skittlz for instance.
There's a big buzz about the clones so the seed companies breed hybrids of these clones and release the seeds real quick.
How can they be testing how stable the seeds are when they're releasing them so quick.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:57 PM #47
bigganjabud

bigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud of
Quote:
Nah last 2 grows I've used clones and zero herms fella.
It was my last 3 grows with seeds that I had herms with. Imagine losing 3 crops in a row, different strains by different breeders and not knowing what was causing it.

I thought I was f#@king up but like I say I've done 2 grows since with clones of 3 different strains and no hermies. In the same tent, in the same room... Same everything.

This is why when people flat out say it's light leaks puzzles me, I've had the same strain grow indoors and hermie while across the road in the very same street it grew outdoors fine with all the lights that are on out there.

Ya if ya lights come on in the grow room for 15mins each night in flower because timer is knackered I imagine that would upset the plants.

I believe it's mostly to do with genetics. In their rush to pump out the fashionable strains quality is being over looked.
Look how many seeds come out within a year of people going crazy for a clone only strain.
Gg#4 and skittlz for instance.
There's a big buzz about the clones so the seed companies breed hybrids of these clones and release the seeds real quick.
How can they be testing how stable the seeds are when they're releasing them so quick.
I've got em both mate passed to me from the ganja God's that frequent these pages
These are clones

If ya get em in seed form try and remember you'll have an awesome pheno hunt to go through to get the phenos I've got (not tooting my own trumpet also if anyone is reading that sponsored me any cuts THANKYOU)

Old 01-14-2018, 12:52 AM #48
ganjygav
Cannalise Legabis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigganjabud View Post
I've got em both mate passed to me from the ganja God's that frequent these pages
These are clones

If ya get em in seed form try and remember you'll have an awesome pheno hunt to go through to get the phenos I've got (not tooting my own trumpet also if anyone is reading that sponsored me any cuts THANKYOU)
Oh I'm done with seeds now fella. I can't figure out what it is I do but I got way too many herms it just put me off for life lol

Old 01-14-2018, 01:51 AM #49
bigganjabud

Quote:
Oh I'm done with seeds now fella. I can't figure out what it is I do but I got way too many herms it just put me off for life lol
Are ya sure you was buying fem seeds?

I know it's a silly question but if they were from different breeders that's a horrible run of luck mate

Old 01-14-2018, 02:05 AM #50
Budley Doright

Budley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud of
I was reading a thread a little like this a few years ago....and a guy had a tongue in cheek answer....

He said that he got hermies because he walked thru his grow naked with a peanut a jelly sammich.....

He said.....I will never do that again.......

Wick Cloning = Cheap and effective

MMMP Patient/Caregiver

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=309503

Big Clones.....and Air Layers also a legal Michigan grow
Budley Doright is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.