Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Why do i always get Hermies?

Thread Title Search
Buy Cannabis Seeds at Royal Queen Seeds
Why do i always get Hermies? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2018, 07:27 PM #11
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
pollen does not cause hermies, dirt doesnt cause hermies.

as said, check for light leaks, and double checl your light cycle, make sure it goes off and on when you think it is, make sure lights arent coming on during dark cycle.

get some clones or stable genetics that you know are unlikely to hermie.

VG

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG
VerdantGreen is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:14 PM #12
geneva_sativa

geneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud ofgeneva_sativa has much to be proud of
I have also encountered some LED's that caused issues too
geneva_sativa is offline Quote

Old 01-12-2018, 08:15 PM #13
944s2

944s2 has a reputation beyond repute944s2 has a reputation beyond repute944s2 has a reputation beyond repute944s2 has a reputation beyond repute944s2 has a reputation beyond repute944s2 has a reputation beyond repute944s2 has a reputation beyond repute944s2 has a reputation beyond repute944s2 has a reputation beyond repute944s2 has a reputation beyond repute944s2 has a reputation beyond repute
light leaks,,genetics,,and enviroment,,,,,,s2
944s2 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:42 PM #14
iTarzan

iTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to behold
IMHO

1.If a plant makes good smoke then a few male flowers like you have is not a reason to quit that clone. There is no better example than Chem D. I have been cloning Chem D for years and it hasn't increased the herm rate And there isn't any "get better genetics". It is the better genetics because it will get you very stoned.

2. Seeds do not make buds less potent.
iTarzan is offline Quote

Old 01-12-2018, 09:48 PM #15
Patmando22

Patmando22 is a glorious beacon of lightPatmando22 is a glorious beacon of lightPatmando22 is a glorious beacon of lightPatmando22 is a glorious beacon of lightPatmando22 is a glorious beacon of lightPatmando22 is a glorious beacon of lightPatmando22 is a glorious beacon of lightPatmando22 is a glorious beacon of lightPatmando22 is a glorious beacon of lightPatmando22 is a glorious beacon of lightPatmando22 is a glorious beacon of light
When the plant begins to seed it takes a tremendous amount of energy from the plant to create the seeds, energy that could have been used for bud development. I do believe that bud that has seeded is not going to be as strong as the same strain seedless.
Patmando22 is offline Quote

Old 01-12-2018, 10:00 PM #16
Budley Doright

Budley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud ofBudley Doright has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
Yep check for light leaks... like above.... sit in your flower room with lights out and eyes closed for at least 5 minutes this will give you optimal night vision... when you open your eyes the light source will be obvious...

also check timer to see if there is any schedule disruptions....

if all of that is in check, and you're still getting hermies its your genetics... I would try something different anyways if you can...
I have light leaks all the time and I cant recall the last time I had a hermie....... clones that didnt hermie before their first flowering dont hermie due to a little light leak.....

Light leaks are way down the list compared to genetics....

If the theory of light leaks is true....then clones could be just as reactive as seed plants.... not even close.....

Wick Cloning = Cheap and effective

MMMP Patient/Caregiver

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=309503

Big Clones.....and Air Layers also a legal Michigan grow
Budley Doright is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:36 PM #17
meadowman

meadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nice
i have a 1/2" gap at top of my door and a 10x10" metal register cover over vent and have no issues.
meadowman is offline Quote

Old 01-12-2018, 11:28 PM #18
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie is a glorious beacon of lightRingodoggie is a glorious beacon of lightRingodoggie is a glorious beacon of lightRingodoggie is a glorious beacon of lightRingodoggie is a glorious beacon of lightRingodoggie is a glorious beacon of lightRingodoggie is a glorious beacon of lightRingodoggie is a glorious beacon of lightRingodoggie is a glorious beacon of lightRingodoggie is a glorious beacon of lightRingodoggie is a glorious beacon of light
I have on very rare occasions through the years found people who claimed to have light leaks and never have hermies.

This thread has more posts from people claiming light leaks than all I have ever seen.

Light leaks have been a known cause of hermies since Ed wrote his first Ask Ed.

On the other hand, we have also spent half our civilization's existence 'knowing' the world was flat. LOL

Perhaps this is just one of those old wive's tales that get passed down but have no basis. Or, maybe not. LOL

Might be worth a poll to see who's room are leak free and who's are not.
Ringodoggie is online now Quote

Old 01-12-2018, 11:29 PM #19
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud of
Maybe try a new strain from another breeder.

Also stick with regular seeds.

Old 01-12-2018, 11:33 PM #20
starke

starke is just really nicestarke is just really nicestarke is just really nicestarke is just really nicestarke is just really nicestarke is just really nicestarke is just really nicestarke is just really nicestarke is just really nicestarke is just really nicestarke is just really nice
I'll take the sucky genetics bet.
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

Current Grow: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....343153&page=20 Page 20 forward
starke is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.