What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TEA - What is the best?

Gumbala

So ive found raw tea to make some of the best, but sometimes too strong, some too earthy.

Lately ive been making Licorice, Sassafras, Black, Oolong.

Anyways what are some of the teas both in raw and bag form you guys like?

B

Boxy Brown

Green tea is one of my favorite in the raw and Chi is my favorite blend of tea/spice.

Sheriff Bart

Deputy Spade
Veteran
gunpowder green is great
straight up china green tea is great
i love a good strong orange pekoe

yerba mate is the best

any black tea really, some of the african ones are absolutely delicious
dragonwell is also a great green tea

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Earl grey, English Breakfast tea, yellow label, pretty basic but good stuff :smile:

+ Milk & honey :redface::yes:

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
For real actual tea, I like Sencha (green tea) and Oolong the best.

As far as "teas", as in not from the tea plant, have you tried rooibos and honeybush? They are both super delicious!

Mate is nice too-I've been getting some unsmoked Mate lately that doesn't taste, in my wife's words, "like an old cigar".

opt1c

Veteran
i really like stuff from the imperial tea court in San Francisco... they have a nice website too... traderjoes has this crazy blueberry green tea that is pretty bomb too... but yeah loose leaf tea is a different world... sorta like regs and kush :)

Sheriff Bart

Deputy Spade
Veteran
yes smoked yerba is crazy
i love the green though! cruz de malta is what i drink

oh and with tea, you got to be making in in a rusty old cast iron pot or it just isnt the same.

rooibos is alright though, i'd take most other teas over it though
never had honeybush

Last edited:

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Rooibos tea is where it's at...
My lady recently brought home some hibiscus tea that is off the chain, so I've been downing it lately, instead.

ap00

Oh yeah, get organic!! And if you drink tea with milk, it restricts the absorbtion of the antioxidants in tea.

Sheriff Bart

Deputy Spade
Veteran
milk however stops the tannins in such as black tea from ****ing with your stomach as much though
but i've never seen anyone milk their green tea, just black tea (which has the higher tannin content)

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
The tannins ARE the antioxidants (well some of them at least).
Same thing goes for putting milk in coffee-cancels out the health benefits of the antioxidants in it.

JJDubz

I love making my own teas - we often grow our own herbs/plants to make teas with

Lemon Verbena
Lemon Grass
Mint (about 4-5 varities)

Mmm all so good...oh and sometimes some ginger in your tea is great

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
Lemon Verbena is my favorite of all the lemony herbs! More than Lemon Balm and Lemon Grass. It keeps its smell and flavor very well when dried too.

Nubie Biatch

Some Tazo Brand teas I like are Chai Tea, and Passion Tea (Bag teas).

I love tea by Tetley called The Vert (accent marks not typed) that I was only able to find in London. Couldn't find it stateside.

The only white tea I like is made by The Republic of Tea, it was a Persimmon White Tea. Also the Mighty Leaf brand of teas is great.

Not much of a fan of the rooibos teas.

My favorite tea of all time is Matcha green tea by Itoen.

Last edited:

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
" Tea, Earl Grey, hot ! Bitches. "

picar1.gif

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Make mine ceylon black please. If you like tea and yerba, try celestial seasons morning thunder, health food shops usually carry it.
H

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
YOGI brand tea

Throat Comfort is their licorice flavored blend & my favorite,
this blend is awesome for a rough or scratchy throat and also
helps as an expectorant on congestion.......