What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First Grow : Starting from seed with Bohdi's Goji Og

This is my first go at growing Cannabis as well as using coco coir. Started them from seed a little over 3 weeks ago in grow plugs. Once they had decent roots showing I dusted them with Azos and transplanted them into solo cups with coco/pearlite mix (Botanicare Ready grow) with Mykos added. Had a little drooping going on and a little discoloration on some of the lower leaves which I think was partially from temps being too low. They are much perkier now that I have a heater set a 78 degrees in the room now. Still getting a little bit of yellow but overall they seem healthy. I will gladly accept any advice from experienced growers as I am totally new to this !

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Looking good

I wish you the best growluck Lucid life :)

Remember, pics says often more than Words....and we love pics :dance013:

P :smoke:

1 week update

1 week update

Just an update since a week ago. Definitely have some different pheno's showing. The stretchier one has solid purple stems which I have heard is a snow lotus trait. Got a bag of OG Teas no brew microbial tea which I have been using with every feeding. They seem super happy at the moment :)

G

Ghostdawg

Hey lucid life plants are looking great subbed for the grow...

Thanks! Hoping I get some good females since these were grown from un-feminized seeds. But even a nice male might be good to hang on to ;)

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
hey , more pics LL!
one thing I do when growing from seed is to let em get ~4-5 nodes and pop em in the flower room till they show sex, usually in about 5-7 days. that way i can clear the boys and uppot the girls for the last few weeks of veg.

Starting to get some side shoots coming in and the different pheno's are much more obvious, the stretchier and the more compact ones which you can see in these pics . The stretchiest/most purple one has been a lot more thirsty too. The leaves droop much quicker than the others and I have to water it more frequent. I want to top them soon once they are a little bigger. I hear you should wait until around the 5th node.

I have heard of people doing that Boyd, but wouldn't I get better yield if I veg longer and top them? Believe me I want to get them into flower as soon as I can but I don't want to cut myself short.

Transplanted everyone into 1 gal smart pots last night. They were getting too thirsty in the solo cups and I could see why once I saw the roots! I filled the new pots with coco and foiled around the solo cup in the pot like I have heard others do. Then I just wet the coco with a microbe tea/nutrient solution and popped them into their new home. Doesn't seem like the transplant even phased them :)
I also topped them recently because I have heard the Goji can stretch a bit and since I will be flowering with a 1000 watt hps in a tent I want to be sure they stay more bushy.

First one to show sex

First one to show sex

The first plant finally showed its yesterday. And it's a female :)
A really healthy one too