What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Congo#3 x Ethiopian

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Testing,testing...:biggrin:

Here are a few pics of the plants that I have the good fortune of growing out. They are all the same age and just got put into the larger cups that can be seen in the pics. Once the girls show, they'll go into 1 gallon bags to flower. The boys will ride in these cups until the end. There are a couple more not pictured that I'll post when they get large enough to move on to bigger cups.

It's about to warm up in my room and I expect these plants to take off soon!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

One interesting thing of note is the tight internode spacing and the heavy branching. Some of the plants even have branches at the cotyledons.

picture.php

Zitz

Nice, IME Congolese and Ethiopian strains have something in common - very good structure and side branching, what is Congo#3 ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Lean Green :tiphat:

Thanks for starting a diary with this new cross, it's still untested (the ethiopian hybrids were produced just a few months ago) so your feedback is much appreciated :yes:

Best wishes :)

The Hatter

Veteran
:lurk:

Now this is going to be a neat grow to watch. I have always had an interest in Congolese particularly the rare #3 strain/cut but I've never seen it in pure form and it always seems to be hybrid with other strains that don't appeal to me like indicas. This on the other hand sounds like a match made in heaven.

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dubi- pleasure is all mine! Everybody knows my love for D-Cong so naturally I jumped at the chance to grow this new hybrid.

They are still vegging, saw a few mites(not on the C3xE) and decided to eradicate them before moving the plants to my flower room. Pesky bugs lay in wait for the temps to warm up and then boom, they try taking over the place!

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello friends!
Uploaded a few more pics this morning. I threw these plants into the flower room to get them to show there sex,or gender? Whatever they call it today,lol!
Seriously though, they are still in cups and I'll transplant the girls once they show. One of my ballasts took a crap, so these plants are currently sitting off to the side of a 1K HPS. More pics in my "Sativas" album.

Group shot
picture.php

The two largest plants.
picture.php

The smallest plant.
picture.php

ULMW

Looking Good! Nice African combo and will no doubt yield heavily too. I look forward to watching this grow. Happy growing !!!

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool stuff lg. Is #3 the Canadian Congo cut?

That is a good question. Years ago, when I started playing with my pack of Deep Congo, it was said to be made with Congo#3. I've been interested in the Congo#3 ever since. A few posts I've read since then leave me with doubts/questions.
I have a pack of Chimeras CongoxSS that needs to get planted and hopefully it will help me understand the big picture more. Running a couple of other SS crosses first, to get familiarized with what the SS brings to the table.:tiphat:

JACKBAYBEH

Looking all good so far LG. Very interested to see what these produce.

That Congo/SS should be a winner as well. I had planned to scoop those up from BR along with the SI and Hawaiian Spice. But after both my initial order and then the reship of my Haze5xHaze/Sk never made it I decided not to. Been having trouble getting beans in from the UK for some reason. My last couple of SB orders never showed either. Tired of throwing my cash away.

Hope you get a few nice girls out of these. Good luck the rest of the way through:tiphat:

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn Jack, that's ruff!
Sounds like somebody at the post office knows a thing or two about seeds. I've seen other people post about the post learning seed sellers address and swiping all(some) seeds through that region.

JACKBAYBEH

Yeah brother it sucks! Had no problems with beans coming from Spain or Canada. And, of course, my domestic trades/purchases have gone uninterrupted. Just orders out of the UK. Strange to me, no doubt.

Frank Walter

Yeah brother it sucks! Had no problems with beans coming from Spain or Canada. And, of course, my domestic trades/purchases have gone uninterrupted. Just orders out of the UK. Strange to me, no doubt.

sorry to sidetrack but i cannot pm so i gotta stalk you abit
but would you mind telling me what happened to the Hawaiian Sativa?
i saw you were after it since like 2012 xD
and some guy had made a report and open pollinated his beans but didnt wanna share them

and some other guy had some beans and you thanked him for passing those "to RC", but im kind of a noob and dont know what that means?! :p
would you mind clarifiying , and sorry for for sidetracking your topic lean green , your plants look wonderful, i your tests will be successful (i was just too curious about the other topic so i couldnt stop myself from asking)