What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is it normal for the flowers of a clone to grow more frost?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Is it normal for the flowers of a clone to grow more frosty than the plant from which they came? The 2 plants that the clones came from wasn't as frosty as their clones are getting now. They will be 4 weeks flower on the 6th of NOV.
And the are being giving tha exact same environment as the last grow.

Dog Star

Veteran
Frost depends on turbo quality food,type of growing,level of a grower,proper tunned enviroment,great soil mix,rich micro life and mykos,distance of a light from buds,power of a light,strong negative pressure in room,good quality water source,lot of air movement...

i bet i forgott something..

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I'm aware of that, but that doesn't explain why these clones are getting frostier than their parents plants given the fact that they're growing in the same environment that the others in the last grow.

kro-magnon

Veteran
I've seen many clones performing better than their mother plant in the same set-up and feeding program. I have no idea why this happen but in my experience it's not rare.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Your first run might been with unmature plants, I have seen it numbers of times.
Once the mom is of age 6-9 months old (seedling), her clones will show the plants full potential.

707OGBUSH970

Your first run might been with unmature plants, I have seen it numbers of times.
Once the mom is of age 6-9 months old (seedling), her clones will show the plants full potential.

This is the answer. Not letting young plants fully mature before flowering is the reason. This varies by strain, but its at least 3 months before a plant is really mature enough to start showing full potential. Some will start flowering in a few weeks if you want, but they will never be as good as a plant that has been allowed to reach the proper age before flowering. Ive seen it time and time again. Frost, flower size, potency and color are all affected.

Dog Star

Veteran
Even when you know to produce high quality bud run by run your final product will
have slight differences compared to each other...

its like grapes and then making quality wine from it... no matter on a high skills
of a grape grower not every batch of wine bears same quality..

somebody mentioned age of clone and am agree with those claim.. also lower temps
specialy toward end of flowering can help.. mixing MH and HPS i sees best results
in resin coverage from runs that i was personaly observe if we talk indoor lights..

this definitly can help..

St. Phatty

I'm aware of that, but that doesn't explain why these clones are getting frostier than their parents plants given the fact that they're growing in the same environment that the others in the last grow.

I trust your judgment - on that one plant.

Pics ?

Also, clones might have an older age 'setting' than the seedling.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Thanks for the information guys. I'll put it to good use.

Are you playing loud Rock music? lol

Mythbusters
https://youtu.be/FhsbM9LxPAk?t=248

I love watching MythBusters. I used to watch every episode. I saw the one where you add music and to your grow room or Greenhouse. I would love to do that but I don't want my loud rock and roll to annoy the people I live with that will likely be trying to study for there classes.

Quick question: have any of you used Medina has to grow during the flowering cycle of your plants? The numbers on the bottle I have is 6-12-6.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is it normal for the flowers of a clone to grow more frosty than the plant from which they came? The 2 plants that the clones came from wasn't as frosty as their clones are getting now. They will be 4 weeks flower on the 6th of NOV.
And the are being giving tha exact same environment as the last grow.

IF... and that is a BIG if...
They are frostier, then something is NOT the same as the last grow.

How do you determine if one bud is frostier than the other?
Do you have pics of both to compare?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
First pic is of the last grow at 4 weeks flowering and the next pic is of the new clone at 4 weeks flowering. So to me the clones look definitely more Frosty than their parent plants did at 4 weeks flowering.

Attachments

• weed4weeksflowering.jpg
    weed4weeksflowering.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 20181104_183254.jpg
    20181104_183254.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 21

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Clones are flowering quicker than a plant growing straight from seeds, that's the reason why your buds are frostier and denser at the same week of flowering when comparing the two runs.

On side note I've found that some phenotypes are getting better when grown from clone vs seedline but that's probably a part of learning how to please each plant with a specific nutrient shedule and a well dialed environment as some are more finicky than others.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
It's normal, but a good result, no doubt.

The leaf serration is different too:

picture.php

Good thread

3rd-3yed

Veteran
If you're growing a specific clone in an environment wich have even a slight variation each run you will have a different phenotype showing every time. That's why two people growing the same cut never get the same result.

Latest posts

Latest posts