What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

600W soil grow: Sweet Tooth #3 and AK48 F2 round 2

blackone

Veteran
Harvest has started now - saw several nanners on a couple of plants on swt #3 pheno 1 and since it was ready for the chop anyway and had its 1 week of flush all of the pheno 1 plants went down - pictures to come. I don't think I'll keep her around although she's a very good yielder with a strong potency, but the herma trait and generic aroma makes her unwanted in my garden. I'm running her next round too of course since I need to fill my space.

I'll keep harvesting a few plants every day as plants seem ready for chopping - my lone pheno 4 plant is probably going down tonight since it seems to have all brown pistils and quite a few amber trichomes.

One of my Satori plants is starting to show a little trichomes - and it has an aroma like carrots?? More specifically it has a strong aroma like wild carrots, if anyone here knows those?

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
Some pics from last day.

Some of the harvested plants - I've harvested 5 so far.

Some drying buds - this does not include the last plant I showed.

What's left in the room - notice how big the Satori plants are.

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
Trimming trimming trimming away - I'm happy I decided to take a few plants every day instead of harvesting everything over a single weekend. This also allows me to take the plants individually when they tell me they're ready. I got my vegged clones ready so I'll probably start putting new plants in today. This time they're going directly on 12/12 from repotting because I have the Satoris in there so I can't go back to 18/6. We'll see how that works out.

Last edited:

Nanotech

looks great. I have just one question: is it true that AK48 smells like fart.
Sweet tooth is great and packs a powerful punch

blackone

Veteran
It's been some time since I've updated in here. The Satoris are getting ready for the chop and after the harvest I filled up the space with swt#3 and AK48. I had some more space so a couple of weeks later I filled it up with Satori cuttings - unfortunately as they were taken 2 weeks into flower they went a little weird but seem to be building bud now.
When I harvest the Satoris it's time for more Satori, some FMS Grapefruit and a Thai landrace. I'm running this as a staggered harvest now.

Yes my AK48 smells like fart. Unfortunately it's some hermi shit so it will not enter my garden again. It's a really nice smoke but also a bad yielder so I'm not too sad to see it go.

I might get some pictures up but it's not too pretty - I've been neglecting the garden as well as my post a little the last couple of months - forgot to water a few times and never got around to do anything about thrips so it's a little ugly :(

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
Satori is harvested now. Some of them had a few nanners and one of them is full of immature seeds:( The rest looks good though - with big buds, although not very dense.
Put in some more plants - more Satori, a single Thai landrace and some fms grapefruit.

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
Fms grapefruit looks like a fine strain. The stems are pretty weak and now at 4 weeks 12/12 they're starting to build buds - 1 of the plants is already leaning a little so I think I'll have to support them. The aroma is wonderful - I don't know yet how to describe it other than "pink". Perhaps pineapple or raspberry comes to mind. Doesn't smell like grapefruit yet - that's for sure. But who knows how it will finish. I had a sweet tooth pheno that smelled like strawberry in flower but lost its flavor when harvested.
The Thai I put in 4 weeks ago was a male. 2 weeks ago I harvested the sweet tooth and the last of my AK48. Then I put in 2 more Thais, some more grapefruit, a bubblegum and some more sweet tooth. 1 Thai was a full-on herm so I culled it. The other is pure female so far and stretching like crazy:) The leaves don't look like typical Thai to me though so it might not be pure... The bubblegum is female :) And also a nice stretcher with a lot of horizontal growth. If the bubblegum can build nice buds then it's a potential large yielder that doesn't need much veg time.
The sweet tooth plants I put in were taken as clones 1 week into flower, so they had to reveg a little first. They weren't really finished revegging yet - most were only at the stage of shooting out fresh 1-fingered leaves, but now they seem to be growing normally, although without much stretch. I know she likes a good veg first but I got impatient;p Luckily she's a fast finisher so I can probably put in some bigger plants in 5-6 weeks time.

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
Oh yeah Satori is potent stuff alright, and a yielder too - I'm thinking it might be a potential huge yielder.
The buds lack a little bag appeal though - I like the look of indica buds better.
Not too interesting aroma either after drying - perhaps after a longer cure it will win me over.

blackone

Veteran
yeah high yielding strain for sure - but I'm not convinced that it has a place in my garden because I'm not too thrilled by the aroma after curing.
I'm in need of space in my vegging area so I'm considering taking cuts of all of my Satori mums and then either dumping them or flowering them.

blackone

Veteran
Lots of stuff has been happening since - I've grown Satori and Female Seeds Grapefruit and I'm still growing those strains. I'm running a rotating setup now with plants at all stages. This means I'm harvesting pretty much every second week now, and quantity is slowly improving. Of course it makes it difficult to measure yield but it's alright.
Some pics:
My room tonight

Harvested some Thai

Satori at 3 weeks or so

Veggies

I harvested a little a couple of days ago - Satori, Sweet tooth, Thai

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
Most sativa dom varietals greatly benefit from a prolonged (6-8 weeks) of curing.

My harvested buds always start smelling like carrots/grass... not very nice.

But alas!

After properly cured in glass... they smell like, rose, mango, orange blossom and a hint of minty/peppery floral skunk.

Give it time and it will "flower" in the jar...

R

Rollem&Smokem

Life is like a bag of seeds you'll never know what yield you'll get till dried!!

I would rather have 50% of something then 50% of nothing, thanks for sharing the thread..

Latest posts

Latest posts