What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Quitting for a while to reduce very high tolerance

Carraxe

Veteran
Hi
I decided to quit for a while. I did 4 weeks ago but now I'd like to write about it. It was after a party where I took a bag with some big weed-only joints. The thing is that many people got very high just with some drags of my joints, and I smoked most of them. About 5-6 grams of good weed. Then I realized my tolerance was way too high.

I was smoking about 10 grams a day of very nice weeds during the last 10 years. I am a musician and I mainly work in the evenings, so I always started the day running for some km (not much) and after that, I had breakfast, a big fatty joint (about a gram) and then another one. Some work in the garden, playing with the cats, practicing some music... Then another one while cooking.... to make it short, I was smoking all time. At the end of the day, or when going out and partying it was usual to smoke several fat joints more.

I didn't smoke mild weed, although I usually preferred sativas like Mextiza, and another rare sativas that are clone-only in Spain like Red Snake or La Bella. But when they were over (these plants don't produce much) I was smoking Taskenti, Black Domina, Jack Herer, Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze, Sour Diesel or any weed I could reach. Really strong weed.

The thing is that it was very easy to quit. No bad mood, no digestive problems, no shit. I didn't became an alcoholic either. I had some trouble to sleep the two first nights but I took some benzos (just some mg) and I slept well. I didn't keep taking them after that, I hate hard drugs. I sleep well and since I quit weed I started dreaming intensely, and that was a encouraging reason to keep not taking any weed. Very nice surrealistic adventures. I didn't remember how the brain mixes all things around your life and presents it to you in such a crazy way. I hadn't dreamed for years and dreaming is nice.

I just missed my weed when I had sex or when I watch a movie or series. I don't have the patience to stay sit down. In fact, I believe I'm a little hyperactive now. I lost 4 or 5 kg in 4 weeks due to more activity I perform.

I plan to smoke again, of course, but I might wait another month. I believe I will get very stoned the first times (I hope) but I plan to make a more rational use of the weed. Smoke at nights, for example, or in summer festivals. I really enjoy sativas while partying and playing outdoors.

What do you think?
Cheers

Been there, done that! Having an excessive tolerance can be depressing. I tend towards observed moderation within all.. And I probably only smoke around a half ounce of the high grade weekly give or take depending upon the variables and events I may partake in. Generally I dream regularly, but I don't know if others here are aware of the modern dream analysis and knowledge having came from the Iroquois and other indigenous like the Aborigines of Australia. There's nothing wrong with not having everyday dreams and cognitive functions enhanced by the partaking of cannabis with a lot of self reflecting can inhibit the minds subconscious manifestations in the dream. I have dreams regularly, and they are not the type that relay subconscious thought. Instead I tend towards being a dream lodge traveler and the places my soul journey's to can be intense and not necessarily of this realm.

I also partake in a variety of cannabis types daily while never fixating myself on one type, even though I have plenty of favorites that I keep and grow. On the flip side, being a breeder with a higher tolerance and threshold has it's advantages and serve's others as well as myself. I think that the last time I took a vow of abstinence from the herb was around 13 years ago and that was only for a couple weeks. Like the Sadhu and other aesthetic like holy people I like to overcome this plants power by being immune to the negatives that we know as the crash or burnout. Same thing with the highest of the spectrum, it's nice being the only one who is not paranoid over some thin leafed smoke lol...

Carraxe

Veteran
Well, I don't think it was depressing to have big tolerance. I enjoyed a lot my weed. I remember I used to quit one week a year, while travelling abroad, but changing my way of life made me not to even remember smoking. I thought it would be difficult to quit while doing the same lifestyle but it wasn't either.

EsterEssence

Veteran
I took a break from hitting the rosin on the nail all day, now I'm back to taking a few puffs on the pen in the daytime, and getting nailed at night. Goes to show that cannabis is not addicting when you can quit at will without cravings...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i used to go through a half ounce to an ounce a week. weed was $35 OZ for the very best then. had to quit for a while for a job. now, a one-hit or two rips my gills out & tosses me up on the bank. i'm saving SO much money & enjoying the weed so much more...:tiphat:

Carraxe

Veteran
After about three months without any weed I started again in May, if I remember well. I was increasing my intake for months. The thing is that once you start smoking in the mornings you can reach your high tolerance level in just a couple of weeks.

I remember having a more intense social life and to have the house in proper condition for the months I didn't smoke at all. I even lost some kg due to more activity I was performing.

So now I need to give it up for a while (again). I'd like to control my intake for just the evenings and the nights, so my lifestyle would be much better. I'll wait to some very nice sativas I've got there to cure properly to start smoking again. I'll tell you how it goes.

Cheers

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
i often take tolerance breaks, however probably not often enough. because hey, its cannabis. the make all the good stuff even better stuff...

G

growhigh1233

i believe breaks are needed ............for overall health ... as well as mental health and ...............to get a real subjective experience with new strains your testing ........i'll only test strains with 24 hours sober .........overwise i find the highs melt into each other ..and of course you can still tell which strains are stronger! ... but the subtleties and nuances of the high are lost

same with smoking sativa if your smoking heavy indica/mostly indica strains...........need a period of sobriety to appreciate the sativa high

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I smoke, mostly, joints. I use raw tips and those little plastic 'tar trap' cigarette holders. I buy them in bags of 450 and they last about 1 to 2 months. So, I'm smoking about 300 joints a month. Plus, rosin and hash. About 10 joints a day. Sometimes more.

Tolerance issues??? LMAO.. I haven't been high in forever. I smoke mainly for the flavor and smell. Pretty much replaced cigarettes in my life.

Might be neat to get high again. However, rather than pussing out and quitting (j/k) I will go on to stronger drugs. Been thinking about getting some spores and doing 'shrooms.

Carraxe

Veteran
I smoke, mostly, joints. I use raw tips and those little plastic 'tar trap' cigarette holders. I buy them in bags of 450 and they last about 1 to 2 months. So, I'm smoking about 300 joints a month. Plus, rosin and hash. About 10 joints a day. Sometimes more.

Tolerance issues??? LMAO.. I haven't been high in forever. I smoke mainly for the flavor and smell. Pretty much replaced cigarettes in my life.

Might be neat to get high again. However, rather than pussing out and quitting (j/k) I will go on to stronger drugs. Been thinking about getting some spores and doing 'shrooms.

Then, there are two things you can do to get a wider and different vision of the world, a different point of view that will improve your wisdom.

First one, try to quit joints for a while. Being high with reality is nice some times. There are feelings associated.

Second one, you should definitely try mushrooms. There is a reason they are called magical mushrooms.

Cheers

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor

Mr. Ringodoggie, heat up some (way more than a dab) of that oil and put some ground up goodness in it, mix well, once "dried" put some regular in the end of a tube to screen the oily and fill the rest up with your gooey mix.

A REEFER. :biggrin:

If you can get through that solo then yeah, you got's some tolerance. Bring the butane torch to keep it lit!! Take a couple to your gig and see if the other guys notice the thick smoke. Stealthy, unlike wiping the papers with oil.

rolandomota

Veteran
This is good I can't quit if I have weed the urge to smoke is too strong and my life is booring and slow their ain't much to do so all I think about is smoking and you can't get a high anymore because you smoke all day every day.
This is why I want a nice ceilingless sativa like purple Honduras haze but it's so hard for me to buy seeds because of weed I spend all my $ on weed

Go for a jog and smoke hash right after finishing when your still out of breath from running that will get you really high

St. Phatty

Maybe buy a centigram scale & weigh your bowls or joints before smoking.

I only take one hit and hold it in a minute or 2. With good Herb that is quite Herbal.

'Boogieman'

The frst time I smoke for the day I catch a small buzz that doesn't last long, after that I'm just chasing the dragon.

elanius

Veteran
Been thinking about getting some spores and doing 'shrooms.

ehm :D sorry to break it up to you, but you will grow tolerance to shrooms much faster than weed. If you take shrooms daily, you will not get any effect after few days.

Carraxe

Veteran
ehm :D sorry to break it up to you, but you will grow tolerance to shrooms much faster than weed. If you take shrooms daily, you will not get any effect after few days.

It makes no sense to take mushrooms daily. Why would anybody do that?

They aren't addictive, they provide spiritual comfort. They aren't for just partying.

X

xavier7995

The frst time I smoke for the day I catch a small buzz that doesn't last long, after that I'm just chasing the dragon.

That's about my experience, I tried out nothing but sativas for a while and that helped but not so much anymore. Been on some hybrids lately and they are enjoyable but dont really get me high, flavor is friggin nice though.

A drink or two helps kick it up a bit, but eh, it would be nice to enjoy weed on it's own again. Edibles can still get me there.

Latest posts

Latest posts