What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Exhaust 24/7?

Packer420

Do you guys have a timer on your exhaust? I let mine run 24/7 and i think i might be doing it wrong?

So lesser exhaust needed when lights off? I have one of those growneer bought from amazon.

TIA

:tiphat:

Ragga89

If you ask me, i am no expert but i leave intake, exhaust fans etc on all the time. It's better to keep fresh air all the time.

budsnblunts

Veteran
It depends whether your extracting temps and/or smells. I run mine 24/7 during summer and later flower. Helps with humidity massively. . The temperature can be managed..

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I do 24/7 but come to think of it my carbon filter might need a cleaning or replacement before next flower.

parkerharry

What is your favourite Strain?

What is your favourite Strain?

Which is your favourite strain? :dance013:
informenter-marker-1.png
informenter-marker-1.png

R

Rab.C

i exhaust 24/7 but its on full speed lights on and lights off i turn it down.seems to work.

Mart

DIY Variac voltage controller with temp sensor,kicks it up when too hot -though since migrating to Sils Heat is no issue.
I will be looking at extracting from below thus sucking the heat from the Sills down over the plants,currently using reptile mats to keep roots warm and cosy.

Attachments

• DSCF7268.jpg
    DSCF7268.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 20

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I exhaust 23/7. However I have the ability to throttle my exhaust fan which does get dialed in for both temp and RH.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
24/7 with ups backup. Giving half an hours run time in the event of a power failure.

24/7 or you are inviting powdery mildew.
One can get away without exhaust during dark period for seedlings if one keeps the air moving with a small fan.

Hydro8

24/7 with a controller. Full speed might suck my tent up inside out, lol

Good air flow is vital for health.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
No, a thermostat isn't suitable in most situations. Strictly speaking a thermostat is either on or off, and any time spent off, is time for the smell to drift.

You could use one to switch between two different speed regulators. Often this is done by switching between a trickle or having full speed if the temperature reaches the set point.

It's very rarely a good idea to not extract. Even a sealed room using co2 should have an extractor. Though it can't do anything other than create a low pressure area. Unless you actually let some air in. And thus through.

If your legal, and it won't give other undesirable visitors a clue, then I guess at times you could switch off. I'm scratching around to find a supporting argument really though. It's almost always something you should use.

G

If I didn’t run my exhaust fan filter combination 24/7 I’d surely be nabbed by now. Even if legal I’d worry that the smell would invite a break in.

Malato

Have succesfully harvested mold free plants with out running any exhaust when i was first getting going. Had equally as many plants get bud rot and powdery mildew, would manage that with organocide. So i would have moldy salmon oil weed, and some not moldy salmon oil weed. To sum everything up, using exhaust 24/7 in my opinion is way to go.

Last edited:
N

nordie

I use these on exhaust to outside on temp controller,with fan speed controller but switch to 24/7 if I have to.Used mainly in summer.
picture.php

M

Mountain Kine

No, a thermostat isn't suitable in most situations. Strictly speaking a thermostat is either on or off, and any time spent off, is time for the smell to drift.

You could use one to switch between two different speed regulators. Often this is done by switching between a trickle or having full speed if the temperature reaches the set point.

It's very rarely a good idea to not extract. Even a sealed room using co2 should have an extractor. Though it can't do anything other than create a low pressure area. Unless you actually let some air in. And thus through.

If your legal, and it won't give other undesirable visitors a clue, then I guess at times you could switch off. I'm scratching around to find a supporting argument really though. It's almost always something you should use.

I grow in greenhouses :tiphat: