What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blood and Wine - GROW DIARY

G

Looking lovely in there bro:blowbubbles:
Do you do any pinching to keep tops even?
This run im going to let things run pretty natural, but other times I pinch daily if not multiple times a day and keep all tops even. Obviously not possible with a mixed strain grow but you can still keep all tops even on each individual plant.
Don't ask me about pics cos I suck:biggrin: I bet you could some nice shots individually of the bud development. Icmag has some great canna photographers.

andl

You did a great job over there!
If you need something just ask, we are here!

Congrats, bro!

Indeed i need serious advice NOW!

i got a big problem

i pollinated most plants at day 24 all went out crazy plants and seeds wer great i want to thank you holy seeds bank to deliver such quality!

today i was flushing all the plants with cocos A/B/GS/Cal-Mag 11litres

25/25/30/14ml for exactly 55Litres EC 0.9-1.0 temp 20°C ph 6.0 Plants are right now flowering day 41

i saw some minor powerded mildew infection, because plants are too big and touching each other i did change some environment specifications, and will definetly (defoliate some plants) i may have to kill some of the weak, and spray with milk/water soloution 10/90% at ph8.4

i 'll try to keep the exhaust fan on full speed at night to avoid the cold air from outside which is high in humidity the 2 ventilation fans are running full speed 24/7 since i started the grow.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS:
Unfortunately

I 'm really dissapointed, upset and angry because the best smelling
triple cheese plant (the ol' blueberry jam cheese smell taste which sticks for minutes)

turned out to be a hermaphrodite i think, i made really nice pics, please check them for me

i isolated the plant now (a room with only exhaust airflow) before i sprayed it down with plenty of water and
then i put whole garbage bad upon her

NOW WHAT DO I DO WITH HER ?

is there any way to spray the plant with some chemicals which stops growing male charateristics?
even when plant is harmed a lot

well as i pollinated most plants on 24-26 day of flowering and marked all the branches (where the cheese didnt show any male charateristics)
should be at least most of the Tropical Skunk cross

but if these pollen sacks were viable (i found them today but less were opened yet) i m ini serious trouble because then i dunno which seed is from which pollen

come in some of you barneys people and whats its all about

long time toher grow, mostly outdoor i also had some plants which showed in last 10-14days a few bananas because the reach their end of life without pollinating which caused no trouble and i m in day 41 so if the take only 50-55 days this may be possible

but i REALLY NEED ADVICE the seed project is the most important part for me in this whole thread,

so every advice is appreciated

PS: maybe just cut her down, still get no seeds but a few of early harvested bud which may reminds me on the taste i was so long looking for

bye (need to smoke some oil...)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 21
  • any_idea.jpg
    any_idea.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

andl

another note

i checked the plants for HOURS today microscope, roots, drain EC, humidity/temp control, pests control, fixed some branches, and all plants LOOK great, they just seem to be pollinated at the branches i choosed and seeds are growing well, but

because i dont want to lose the whole seed project i decided to take the 8 best plants outside one more time and pollinate one UPPER SUPER HEADBUD BRANCH (i have very less pollen left, maybe mix with flour) and try to get the most potent most likley tropical skunk cross

none of the other plants show any male charateristics so im sure the pollen was very viable and sure shouldnt be any problem.

may i got bad luck with these feminized seeds, why do you do that inbred and dont stabilize i m so sure i didnt do anything wrong becausee all plants are thriving,

thats also the reason why i wanted to use regular pollen and i hope the jacks which were regs females will turn out great with your tropical skunk.

well i m even not sure if the pollen is viable (from the triple cheese barneys) but there seem to be many male parts on this plant

WTF

thats growing but i will get the job done dont worry :D

keep growing

andl

well maybe i overestimate the situation but had long day today....

work, girlfriend, plants, dog watching....

removed all weak lower leaves, defoliate some plant leafes and tighten some branches with cable ties, small branches removed in the middle, also removed powered mildew infected leafes (really like no infection just here and there a spot but watching is important)

this is because its already nearly impossible t keep plaNT LEAFES TOUCHIN EACH OTHER AND THE AT HIgH TRANSPIRATION RATE BECAUSE OF MID FLOWERING. i will take care aboout it (still did today)

takin em all out for observation checked really a lot, because i feel they seem great plants to work with and appreciate a lot how they perform in every aspect for herself,

did also this time each single plants drain measure and got ver diffrent values because some drink fast whole full pot in 2 days some take 5 or 6

i can provide detailed information for the tested plants:

day 41 flowering 20.3 nutrient solution temp 19-20°C
55 litres tap EC0.2 ph7.4

+Coco A/B/GreenS/Cal-Mag (25/25/30/14 in ml)

EC1.0 ph about 6.0 (only stripe testing)

JH#2 (biggest girl in the hood) drinks a lot 2 days empty pot

watering 5Lites of this nutrient solution let drain off collect from 5 litres watering only 1,2Litres drain
EC: 1.0

WR#2 (much smaller plant) drinks in 54-5 days pot
watering just 3 Litres (always same solution) 1,2 drain...
EC:1.5

SFV #4 (best roots insane yielder, very big) drinks also 1-2 days pot volume
also gave 5 litres and runoff 1,2Litres as always in this examples.
EC:1.4

RG#2 (smaller less drinking plant) 3L drain 1,2
EC:1.6

if you divide all values (EC throught how many plants) you get an average EC of 1,35 should do the job but i really had the feeling to cut down coco A/B and increase some PK through green sensation and small amounts of cal mag.

we will see if everything works well they should explode know i m today 21.03 at week 6 day 42 exactly.

ah yes if youre interested in, i calibrated (better call confirmed)
my ec truncheton stick with an ec solution of 1.4EC and there s also a celsius/farenheit table because ec differs from temperture and the correct value would ve been 22°C EC1,332

and the stick just showed the EC1.3 i cleaned rinsed off the probe after and then mixed the reservoir....

so i think its in good condition.

well flushed them as state upon.

didnt do the milk spray just had some beer and juice here :D
im gonna upload pics tomorrow guys time to get some rest.

thanks

andl

Looking lovely in there bro:blowbubbles:
Do you do any pinching to keep tops even?
This run im going to let things run pretty natural, but other times I pinch daily if not multiple times a day and keep all tops even. Obviously not possible with a mixed strain grow but you can still keep all tops even on each individual plant.
Don't ask me about pics cos I suck:biggrin: I bet you could some nice shots individually of the bud development. Icmag has some great canna photographers.

hi thank you

well when i use scrogging net i always bench pinch them but i had such a hard time with the uncontrollable tangies last time so i decided to just put smaller plants above on some reversed pot or styrofoam, anythnig which increases the height a little bit (and is not causing mols, or pests infections and so on)

yes its hard to keep the jack herers at same level as some remo chemo or white russian well.... you just have to spend some more time and use right growing tecnique then youre gonna be fine.

well lets see some shots why not, mate, would like to see them and tell me how you pinch the, train them, every day? i always let then recover few days 2-4 if the branch stands up again i push it more ;)

i m also just to figure out making nice pictures with this camera, there too much adjustments i dunno even understand :D lol

G

Hey bro, sorry to hear of your trouble plants but keeping a good attitude still:comfort:
Daily pinching:yummy:
So i roll branches in my fingertips, weaken or damage to stunt any branch that wants to get higher then its brother, so not really bending over just delaying growth as it puts energy into thickening the joint/repairing

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

G

well maybe i overestimate the situation but had long day today....

work, girlfriend, plants, dog watching....

removed all weak lower leaves, defoliate some plant leafes and tighten some branches with cable ties, small branches removed in the middle, also removed powered mildew infected leafes (really like no infection just here and there a spot but watching is important)

this is because its already nearly impossible t keep plaNT LEAFES TOUCHIN EACH OTHER AND THE AT HIgH TRANSPIRATION RATE BECAUSE OF MID FLOWERING. i will take care aboout it (still did today)

takin em all out for observation checked really a lot, because i feel they seem great plants to work with and appreciate a lot how they perform in every aspect for herself,

did also this time each single plants drain measure and got ver diffrent values because some drink fast whole full pot in 2 days some take 5 or 6

i can provide detailed information for the tested plants:

day 41 flowering 20.3 nutrient solution temp 19-20°C
55 litres tap EC0.2 ph7.4

+Coco A/B/GreenS/Cal-Mag (25/25/30/14 in ml)

EC1.0 ph about 6.0 (only stripe testing)

JH#2 (biggest girl in the hood) drinks a lot 2 days empty pot

watering 5Lites of this nutrient solution let drain off collect from 5 litres watering only 1,2Litres drain
EC: 1.0

WR#2 (much smaller plant) drinks in 54-5 days pot
watering just 3 Litres (always same solution) 1,2 drain...
EC:1.5

SFV #4 (best roots insane yielder, very big) drinks also 1-2 days pot volume
also gave 5 litres and runoff 1,2Litres as always in this examples.
EC:1.4

RG#2 (smaller less drinking plant) 3L drain 1,2
EC:1.6

if you divide all values (EC throught how many plants) you get an average EC of 1,35 should do the job but i really had the feeling to cut down coco A/B and increase some PK through green sensation and small amounts of cal mag.

we will see if everything works well they should explode know i m today 21.03 at week 6 day 42 exactly.

ah yes if youre interested in, i calibrated (better call confirmed)
my ec truncheton stick with an ec solution of 1.4EC and there s also a celsius/farenheit table because ec differs from temperture and the correct value would ve been 22°C EC1,332

and the stick just showed the EC1.3 i cleaned rinsed off the probe after and then mixed the reservoir....

so i think its in good condition.

well flushed them as state upon.

didnt do the milk spray just had some beer and juice here :D
im gonna upload pics tomorrow guys time to get some rest.

thanks
Interesting update:tiphat:

I can't remember the grower who taught it, but the advice was to have so much air movement from oscillating fans that any droplet of water on a leaf evaporates in 5 seconds. This is the way to avoid mould ever

andl

Interesting update:tiphat:

I can't remember the grower who taught it, but the advice was to have so much air movement from oscillating fans that any droplet of water on a leaf evaporates in 5 seconds. This is the way to avoid mould ever

and thats true but the reason why this is like mission impossible, look, they really kicked us out of the flat its not ours anymore they took over man....

tent, living room, bathroom, closet what the heck DAY 42

this is only half of the plants and even now the tent is full.

its a chicks habit now...

i m no more in charge :D

Attachments

• P1000181.jpg
    P1000181.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 21
  • P1000175.jpg
    P1000175.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 20
  • P1000166.jpg
    P1000166.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 18
  • P1000165.jpg
    P1000165.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 21
  • P1000145.jpg
    P1000145.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 22

andl

here we go man

Attachments

• P1000197.jpg
    P1000197.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 21
  • P1000212.jpg
    P1000212.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 22
  • P1000220.jpg
    P1000220.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 20
  • P1000225.jpg
    P1000225.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 20
  • P1000232.jpg
    P1000232.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 22

andl

they even claimed the bathroom as their territory

Attachments

• P1000262.jpg
    P1000262.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 23
  • P1000249.JPG
    P1000249.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 23
  • P1000242.jpg
    P1000242.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 20
  • P1000240.jpg
    P1000240.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 23
  • P1000237.jpg
    P1000237.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 20

andl

ok no joking last pics,

thanks for the holy seeds bank for advice and being very kind

here are the last shots of the very last pollen i mixed with flour (because i had so less left)

you can also see their package its a vacuum sealed pack with all infos upon then when you open you get the small blue tube with the holy seeds bank logo on it and its double sealed to just drip out a small amount if no need for all (sorry didnt add a good picture) but they also put some humidity uptaking maybe (silica gel)inside so i m very confident about this attempt even when i had neary nothing left.

lets grow some seeds !

this time i just took plastic bags and i ll leave it jst for one day so today i ll remove the bags spray plants down with MILKY water (avoid anymore mildew) i dont like to use any other fungizides now its too late and here we also use the milk/water mixture for our grapewine, as i said the injuries are minor but i have to take a good lokk and every 1-2 day care to get this things done correctly.

I TOOK THE BEST BRANCHES OF EVERY PLANT WORTH IT AND MARKED IT

Attachments

• P1000251.JPG
    P1000251.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 21
  • P1000255.jpg
    P1000255.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 23
  • P1000275.jpg
    P1000275.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 21
  • P1000282.jpg
    P1000282.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 21

andl

sexy :bow::dance013::jump:

What lights are you running?

as much, whatever i can get into, *kidding*

2x600 watts in a 1,5x1,5m² tent thats 2,25m² or 59.05x 59.05 inch area, tent lol, this isnt sold as they sell it with just one 600 watts lamps but i care a lot about air flow improvement exhaust and intake (using way bigger one they will sell ya) so you can keep temps low or high whatever (at least every season withut summer months) when you get a good controller and enough in/outtake air.

THIS is also am important point because you can control your vpd levels much better and you can use diffrent speed settings too keep the fan even more silent when you got a bigger one, also as i stated before i dont use that equiptment like most advise you....

i just hang in the exhaust fan tube connected outside with the fan wrapped in carton all silenenced with pu foam (dont spray directly on your fan, lol, wrap it into some plastic) and than just exhauste the rest of air to your filter and pushing the air through it instead of sucking it into, this is working great you can change things much faster without removing plants out of the tent and you save some space especially in my case! (in the tent of course because you need to put filter and fan outside...)

as i said before i take more attention on those seeds as the buds i dont need to smoke a lot i mostly enjoy the taste of some special buds!

i would love to grow some serious sativas i have some OTH from ace back when they started solding it 2007 or 2008 but i m not doing this indoors and my geographic conditions doesnt allow to try this out.

as stupid and unfournatley, couldnt keep them in a frige but i will try to revive them some time, lol even i get one it would be great, but thats all diffrent stories.

i still owe you the LN2 video with live resin but i need my mate to do it for me (cant cut and tone or just improve it) because as you can see i m not even good at photoraphy, well

i m also into some more new projects whic also deal with cbd science but all about this later

hope you enjoy tis thread

i really want to put these (pothead) thinking into a much more interesting style because i thinks its time to change, no coins needed :D lol

thanks

PS: haha not to sound to sophisticated but i also enjoy still getting stoned/high, lol nevermind its just some more kind of interest I'm also interested in.... science

Last edited:

andl

so i prepared a solution of 1800ml H2O ph about 7.0 with 0.6g of NaOH (KOH would be better but i dont have it here) and 200ml milk making total 2000ml

changed exhaust/intake for lower humidity also spray down the pollinated plants (removing bags today) and the others in the tent then all come later together in the tent again,

meanwhile i decide what to do with my isolated cheese but i 8 it i think i have to take her...

but i loved them 2 most the sfvog and this cheese, damn, gotta kill your darlings :(

dont want to risk any more damage or even ruin it all....

andl

so i prepared a solution of 1800ml H2O ph about 7.0 with 0.6g of NaOH (KOH would be better but i dont have it here) and 200ml milk making total 2000ml

changed exhaust/intake for lower humidity also spray down the pollinated plants (removing bags today) and the others in the tent then all come later together in the tent again,

meanwhile i decide what to do with my isolated cheese but i 8 it i think i have to take her...

but i loved them 2 most the sfvog and this cheese, damn, gotta kill your darlings :(

dont want to risk any more damage or even ruin it all....

I still believe i can get this grow done seriously, i look each day and try to keep things as good as possible, you all know troubles are always comin' its just how fast you move and of course how much you care about it so if

you start a serious growing or seed or any else project you really care about, so its all worth to put an effort into this and get it done as good as you can if not you shouldnt better start doi'n it.

you also may take some risk in some countries, for half hearted project....never

thanks

andl

The milky Way of Life

The milky Way of Life

haha here they are sprayed down with solution as mentioned above 4 litres all plants keep them dripping wet for an hour or so then move others into tent again.

but they re quiete nice i really dont even believe some of these plants are just day 42 6th week, just look

it looks also very promising that i pollinated a few more real headbuds,
the hairs turned red/orange and it looks awesome i just mixed with flour and shaked with the bags over, then sprayed 'em just leave till today,removed bags and sprayed em all bathroom (pollinated ones) and tent ones each with 2000ml of solution against pm.

here some shots

Attachments

• P1000332.jpg
    P1000332.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 24
  • P1000315.jpg
    P1000315.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 18
  • P1000294.jpg
    P1000294.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 19
  • P1000289.jpg
    P1000289.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 21
  • P1000285.jpg
    P1000285.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 24
  • P1000340.jpg
    P1000340.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 23
  • P1000350.jpg
    P1000350.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 22
  • P1000356.jpg
    P1000356.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 20

andl

wow just wanted to take 'em back in, and i saw i lot of what seemed to be pm

but its just the branch i pollinated stickin wet flour on it... cheesus christ ^^

Attachments

• flour.jpg
    flour.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Latest posts