What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

advice needed for 2nd grow pls

I have a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m tent. The light i have is a QB HLG 550v1. I previously did 5 plants (4 plants in 26L fabric pots and 1 plant in 11L pot) Grew 1 strain. Grew in soil using biobizz. Was not too impressed with the potency but yeilded 450grams approx.*

I would like to grow a variety this time. Having trouble to decide if i should go soil or hydro (dwc, flood and drain) Should i do 4, 5, 6 or 9 plants.*

Would also like to know some reputable seed brands.. I was looking into devils harvest, dna genetics, reserva privada..

What nutes would you advise to look into..*

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
dna and rp are really good companies i got a skywalker and a lemon og about 7 weeks in gonna be killer ive done their tangie, sour d, cantaloupe kush and holy grail kush. never tried devil's harvest tho

I have previously smoked Devils Harvest Strawberry Sour Diesel, its was almost like raspberry fizzy cola bottles. Heard great thing about their shoreline and both are cup winners. In regards to DNA genetics I was thinking about their Holy Grail Kush, Skywalker OG Kush. I wanted to do their Grape LA and Chocolate Fondue but cannot find their seeds in stock anywhere seems discontinued. Smoked Grape LA once or twice was amazing and chocolate fondue was amazing too.

Personally I've never popped any beans from those sources so I can't give a recommendation. But, I will say RP & DNA have been around forever so they'd be a safe bet.

As for what method to choose thats a varied answer and question. I see you grew in soil with organic nutes. Somewhat happy with harvest weight but not potency.

Do you think the potency was related to the methods used (nutes,soil) rather than the strain?

Just a question, but do you know gow to PH? Reason for me asking is PH in hydro has to be maintained proper or else it can lead to a loss & quick. Soil, especially when using organic methods is more forgiving and less likely to have a major loss. Well as fast @ least.

There is a way to do a combo of the 2 that I used to implement. But PH is still necessary.

As for the count. That depends...if you want more flavors. I say higher numbers of smaller plants. If your looking for yield. I say fewer varieties count doesnt matter as much as size. If your looking for flavors and yield, I'd no more than 3 flavors & 2 plans of each. That will keep you on point with what your previous count was. Just remember strain has a lot to do with yield.

Where have you got your beans from?

I would probably say it was down to the nutes or beans. Thc Bomb by bomb seeds.

I did and was checking PH and ec.

Hydro i have no idea as of yet what i will need to do to mantain it but i am aware it needs a lwer ph of around 6.

You would reccomend 6 plants? 3 strains?

I was thinking to do 9 plants 9 strains or a mix of 3 strains 9 plants

So far I am set on Holy Grail Kush, Skywalker OG, Shoreline and Strawberry Sour Diesel

but worried about the harvest time. I hope they dont differ to much

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
Where have you got your beans from?

I would probably say it was down to the nutes or beans. Thc Bomb by bomb seeds.

I did and was checking PH and ec.

Hydro i have no idea as of yet what i will need to do to mantain it but i am aware it needs a lwer ph of around 6.

You would reccomend 6 plants? 3 strains?

I was thinking to do 9 plants 9 strains or a mix of 3 strains 9 plants

So far I am set on Holy Grail Kush, Skywalker OG, Shoreline and Strawberry Sour Diesel

but worried about the harvest time. I hope they dont differ to much

I use to order from outta europe so many banks to choose from nowaday. i tried guerilla bomb from bomb seeds and it was really good
got one in veg for next run cant wait

Great Lakes, Neptune, James Bean, local clubs and events.

THC Bomb is usually �� but with seeds you never know. Maybe you just weren't lucky that run.

Lower PH levels, rez temps, PH/EC have to be on point so daily maintenance on those. But if your familiar with them already. Just more time maintaining. Things tend to get out of hand quick otherwise and may not be to be corrected.

Count is ultimately up to you. But I think 6 total, 3 strains, 2 plants each is nice. Could do a mix of those you picked out as well. The thing I see with 9 plants 9 strains is running into finicky plants, light feeders, heavy feeders etc. They might not all be good on whats being fed. Then you have to cater or write them off��

Yeah i get you. Thats what has been bugging me.. may just have to go with 6. how does 4 strains 4 plants seem? should be reasonable..

smilley

Veteran
I'd go with 9 plants and 3 strains. It'll give you more more insight into each strain and shorten your veg time.

I am considering 8 plants 4 strains.. as i dont not have access to one side of the tent as it is against a wall.. the space would be need to feed plants at the back.. may go soil or coco..

deep water culture hydroponic systems is best to use for cannabis. DWC growing kits are affordable you can order them online if did not find in your nearby hydroponic store.