What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD strains >.3% in flower for legal national sale

CrushnYuba

So as you all may know, hemp is now legal in the USA if it contains less then .3% thc. I see people have websites that sell cbd flower. I want in. Only thing is, cbd cuts i had in the past were about 15% + cbd and almost .5-1% thc. It would be terrible to grow a whole bunch of thc less flower and not be able to sell it online or worse, sell it online and accidentally break the law.
I have seen ac/dc for sale on one of these websites. The acdc i grew would not make the .3% cut i don't think. Are these guys harvesting early or doing something to prevent it from going over .3%?
I get that genetics produce a ratio of thc to cbd, but if grown to it's potential I'm worried It will go over.

What cuts won't go over .3% grown under California Sun with proper nutrition.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Interesting question about 0.3%. SoHum Seeds says less than 1% thc for 90-99% of seed grown plants. A 30:1 ratio with less than 0.3% thc gives 9% cbd if I'm approximating that correctly. I would like to think a 20% cbd, <1% thc plant is also legal.

ronbo51

Veteran
They are not counting the acid form of thc in the calculation. This opens the door to more strains.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some states have that exception due to their interpretation of the farm bill, others states do not. The Farm Bill says in order for a producer to be legal, they must be in compliance with their states hemp pilot program. So, the only way to be 100% correct, is to check what your state is doing about hemp. If a state doesn't have a pilot program, then there is no body of oversight and it falls outside the scope of what was made legal in the farm bill.

I've seen a lot of early cut hemp and a lot of people have sent in sample to be tested that were mixed with fan leaves to get below thresholds. There are a lot of people who tested "hot" (above .3) and had to destroy crops as well.

dank.Frank

CrushnYuba

Thanks for the replies. I'm not worried about my state or cultivating it as hemp in my states eyes.
I can cultivate it as marijuana legally. I'm concerned with being able to sell it on the internet to states that do not have legal drug cannabis. Like tweedle farms do.

Edit: i just re read your post.. So i need to cultivate it as hemp in accordance with my states pilot program in order to sell it online? I can't cultivate it as medical cannabis?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I don't think you would be safe to grow medical cannabis, then sell it as hemp. It's a clear case for any judge to see.

Grow it as hemp, sell it as hemp. Get it wrong.. It was a mistake, not willful wrongdoing

Medfinder

Chemon 91
G.w pharma in Canada has cornered the .market with thcless high cbd strains.

Good luck...Martha stewart dumped millions in legal hemp last week.

CrushnYuba

f-e: that's a very good point.

Ok. I guess it's off the table. That's too bad. My state sucks. We were the first to have medical cultivation. 21 years later, we have gone back to the dark ages.

Canada is gonna own the hemp market very soon. government funded programs to breed hemp and cannabis with the latest lab and bio tech. its gonna be next level shit.