What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Powdery Mildew - Large scale Greenhouse

C

Cannama

You fucking amateurs.

Skim milk. Dilute it maybe 5 to 1 or something and spray it all over the leaves. Works better if you spray multiple times.

everyone is so angry on here for weed growers man hahah dam

Like I said before, certain things we cannot use. This is one of them.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No need to be a keyboard warrior.

Im sure you have dealt with PM on a massive scale like that before right? I didn't cause it, was just brought in 2 days ago. lol

You're right. I've never dealt with PM on a massive scale like that because I'm actually good at what I do. :laughing:

No need to have taken their money if you weren't capable of solving their problems.

Part of the risk management role is having the solutions and answers that are capable of resolving any issue. This means finding solutions that fit within cost limitations. If you told them what they needed to do already, you wouldn't be here asking for help to save face. Growing for 6 years and suddenly, when in crisis mode, you magically find the time to humble yourself and join ICmag. LUCKY US! We get to help you justify your pay check!!! :peacock:

Oxidate. Milstop. Procidic. Serenade. Regalia. SilMatrix/AgSil. Sanidate for ALL non-plant surfaces.

I suppose you want us to put together a full rotational IPM chart with how much of each product to use as well? Do I need to print off copies of all the MSDS sheets as well for your files? I'm sure you don't have one of those on hand. Maybe you just need us to link you to them one by one. Do I need to write an SOP for PPE regarding each product?

I guess you realized as well, that you should be instructing the migrant workers to dismantle and clean out every single operational component in the greenhouse, ESPECIALLY all circulation internals.

But then again, I'm sure you told them all of that already and your employer who set up a couple hundred thousand dollar operation just can't afford to save their million dollar crop.

This is what happens when people with more money than sense get involved in the industry.

THE ONLY REASON I'm posting this is so those who might purchase your product don't have to suffer the schwag you're about to try and pass off as cannabis.

NOT TO MENTION - true medical patients who might ingest the impurities of your crop and further complicate their health.

I'm doing it for them - NOT YOU. You're just the corporate shill who is going to benefit by default.

dank.Frank

C

Cannama

You're right. I've never dealt with PM on a massive scale like that because I'm actually good at what I do. :laughing:

No need to have taken their money if you weren't capable of solving their problems.

Part of the risk management role is having the solutions and answers that are capable of resolving any issue. This means finding solutions that fit within cost limitations. If you told them what they needed to do already, you wouldn't be here asking for help to save face. Growing for 6 years and suddenly, when in crisis mode, you magically find the time to humble yourself and join ICmag. LUCKY US! We get to help you justify your pay check!!! :peacock:

Oxidate. Milstop. Procidic. Serenade. Regalia. SilMatrix/AgSil. Sanidate for ALL non-plant surfaces.

I suppose you want us to put together a full rotational IPM chart with how much of each product to use as well? Do I need to print off copies of all the MSDS sheets as well for your files as well? I'm sure you don't have one of those on hand. Maybe you just need us to link you to them one by one.

I guess you realized as well, that you should be instructing the migrant workers to dismantle and clean out every single operational component in the greenhouse, ESPECIALLY all circulation internals.

But then again, I'm sure you told them all of that already and your employer who set up a couple hundred thousand dollar operation just can't afford to save their million dollar crop.

This is what happens when people with more money than sense get involved in the industry.

THE ONLY REASON I'm posting this is so those who might purchase your product don't have to suffer the schwag you're about to try and pass off as cannabis.

NOT TO MENTION - true medical patients who might ingest the impurities of your crop and further complicate their health.

I'm doing it for them - NOT YOU. You're just the corporate shill who is going to benefit by default.

dank.Frank
I am not in risk management Idk where you got that from lol I am here for genetics, but sure if that is somehow risk management? I am not a greenhouse guy, thats why I ask. Not saving face at all my job is fine, this is way beyond what I was hired to do. Just like to offer extra help to my team if I can.
A lot of assumptions. Good for you that you know everything and you are the weed jesus. you dont have to comment if it bothers you that much.

They have already been using Milstop which is approved for use, but not effective at this scale. PM could be resistant at this point. And again, glad you know what you are doing, but go to 300,000 square feet when PM is everywhere and get rid of it lmao Easier said than done.

Lastdon

I suppose you want us to put together a full rotational IPM chart with how much of each product to use as well? Do I need to print off copies of all the MSDS sheets as well for your files? I'm sure you don't have one of those on hand. Maybe you just need us to link you to them one by one. Do I need to write an SOP for PPE regarding each product?

dank.Frank

Listen Man this is 250k advice you are giving for free. Become a consultant, Lp's are in the stock markets and have multi million dollar evaluations right now.

Days of free advice are gone, too turn these guys to multi million dollar companies for free.

He works for a Licensed Producer In Canada Corporate Cannabis.
250k advice

I wish I could tag @theloudreserve too chime into, dont worry he'll be here soon.

Lastdon

To the ORIGINAL poster how have you been growing for 6 years as you said? Where did they find you indeed? How do you not know these things if this is your Position?

Absolem

Can't rep ya anymore Dank.Frank. Your posts on this thread are spot on.

This is why big grow ops don't bother me.

Amateur hour on other people's money.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know Lastdon. People downstream shouldn't have to suffer from these fools arrogance or their ignorance.

I've actually worked in short term contracted risk management positions for conventional agricultural outfits whose greenhouses are measured in acreage, not sq ft.

The OP is obviously lying, has no business being employed in their current position and will continue twisting the narrative to fit the prerogative of protecting their ego.

I've given away much more for free over the years than I have in that single post. Instead of saying thank you, the ass hat has to make another rebuttal justifying their ignorance and failure. Exactly what I expected.

OP and their entire operation clearly have ZERO understanding of IPM strategies.

dank.Frank

Absolem

My 2 cents for the OP

If you are one of the behind the scenes consultants I see it going two ways.

Have a killer grow and get little respect as the "Grow Team" pats themselves on the back.

or

The grow goes to shit and the "Grow Team" blames the internal consultants and their lack of direction to correct the ship.

If this grow goes south your reputation in the grow industry is over. Including future employment in another large grow op.

With the humidity problems in this greenhouse there should have been and IPM in place. Playing catch up on this run isn't going to happen.

By the sound and desperation in your first post the grow isn't going to end good at harvest. Take what respect you have now and get away from this ship. The iceberg has hit. It will save your name for future grow opportunities.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Mildew will not become resistant to milstop. Milstop raises the pH of the leaf surface which prevents mildew from growing. You can call Plant products and ask them for help.

gotnoname

have you grown in the summer yet ? spoke with lot of different crews running large GH and someone from serres betrand (which tweed is renting) and everbody have MAJOR budrot problem during summer.

this canada not california, our climate/sun SUCKS

Jonny Lan

Lesson to learn here, Don’t buy any bud from the OCS next drop because it is going to be radiated with the “hopefully dead” powdery mildew remains all over it.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Confidential Cheese from Reserva Privada is practically immune to PM.
Oh, and the PM you brought in was already on the clones you used. But I'm sure you figured that out.

I’m going to grow in a small greenhouse this summer.
Never had any mold or PM issues, indoors.
Our climate is generally daf(dry as fuck) but heat is going to be the challenge..... and hemp pollen.

theJointedOne

Veteran
I know Lastdon. People downstream shouldn't have to suffer from these fools arrogance or their ignorance.

I've actually worked in short term contracted risk management positions for conventional agricultural outfits whose greenhouses are measured in acreage, not sq ft.

The OP is obviously lying, has no business being employed in their current position and will continue twisting the narrative to fit the prerogative of protecting their ego.

I've given away much more for free over the years than I have in that single post. Instead of saying thank you, the ass hat has to make another rebuttal justifying their ignorance and failure. Exactly what I expected.

OP and their entire operation clearly have ZERO understanding of IPM strategies.

dank.Frank

dude calm down

Hydro8

I always thought when you hired a consultant they considered your problem then came up solutions based on years of education, decades of industry experience and asked questions to high circles of professional colleges in the industry.

Silly me, just make a thread on reddit or icmag

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actually if you were to look, you would find that PM is everywhere. Just waiting for the right RH or Temp fluctuation.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Everyone,

I am new to ICMag but am happy to finally be here!

I work at a 300,000 square foot greenhouse in southern Ontario Canada. It is poly. 150 feet long by 100 feet wide and 30 feet tall.

I am an internal consultant on the greenhouse and am not apart of the grow team. I have been indoor growing for about 6 years now and had great success. I was hoping to get some feedback/advice.

We have been struggling to control Powdery Mildew and am looking for some advice. In terms of air exchange, it is limited. The greenhouse sits around 23 degrees Celsius and humidity is pretty high. All of this is bad for PM lol

Does anyone have any suggestions to help control and reduce the around of PM we are experiencing? We are limited on fungicidal control methods due to regulations.

I'm wondering how you got the job and don't know what to do?

And since you are working for a LARGE corporation that is supposed to be supplying CLEAN cannabis to Canadians, there should be NO EXPENSE SPARED in order to produce the absolute best quality cannabis.

That said... and you already know what caused the issue...
GET YOUR VENTILATION IN CHECK!!!

NOTHING can help you if you don't repair your foundation.

If the company you work for isn't willing to spend the money then I suggest you find another company to work for because they will only be wasting YOUR precious time and tainting your reputation. (because you know they'll have to point their greedy fingers at somebody other than themselves in order to shift the blame for the issues they are having)...