What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

True Terpenes VISCOSITY extract liquifier LAB TESTS: Mineral oil but no terps!!

Any testing facility should be able to test for any residual solvents as long as they have the standard for it.

If the Op statement were true, this would have blown up weeks ago over at the extract forum. Since that has NOT happened, I'm still once again, calling BS!
What do residual solvents have to do with this testing?

What you want is a full GC analysis by a lab who specializes in essential oils and/or terpenes, not one only looking for solvent analytes common in cannabis testing. They specifically should look for mineral oil, and for any sign of terpenes.

No one that I know of has tested Viscosity to see what's in there. They only tested to see what's NOT in there following cannabis testing regs, like known solvents, pesticides, cannabinoids, etc.

Geeze, will a third party please test this stuff and put this claim to bed.
Yes, please, someone do so. I don't enjoy being called a liar, and all sorts of terrible insinuations about me and my motives.

If someone does get testing done it should be at a lab that is experienced with essential oils and teprenes. They should look for (at least) mineral oil and any sign of terpenes. The bottle should be send to the lab unopened.

Please share the lab test results here. Please include the lot number.

If this is all true Extract Ninja.... Dr Pappas the founder of Essential Oils University should have something to say.. As he has called out other companies in the past

https://utahstories.com/2014/08/dam...-and-doterras-essential-oils-are-adulterated/

https://utahstories.com/2014/08/report-used-in-young-living-farms-case-against-doterra-suspect/
I'm not sure what those links describe, but Dr. Pappas is often used in court cases as a expert witness in cases to do with terpenes and essential oils. Especially when his testing is used during trials, hearings, etc.

I have no idea if he would comment publicly. And I'm not about to ask him because he's a busy and very in demand scientist. I doubt he would spend any time on this unless someone paid him for his time.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Another red flag is when sound logic is posted and the OP cannot refute it, so they ignore it. This thread, in my opinion, is a waste of time.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
I prefer concentrates undiluted or flowers. This looks like a tangential argument to my interests and concerns as a consumer. In this case as a producer or consumer I do not care for any cutting agent, dilution or thickener in my products when/if possible.

This is a forum. Would an open discussion on the interest and ingredients of such manufactured disposable items take place it might go something like: what is in this stuff? What is it made out of? How do you make it? If unwilling to answer these questions, instead direct to websites which claim to double your profits as a distributor, this raises suspicion to me. It also does not agree with the cartridges having 80-90% thc lab test numbers printed on them. This is called a scam as far as I can tell.

Combining false lab numbers (not only the anecdote here but my own on the actual strength of the regulated approved items on the shelf) with high prices and it outlines the racket or scam in detail. I do not want to compare cannabis to other drugs, which the pharmaceutical industry is used to adding 95%+ fillers in everything including food.

Have so many people tried these cartridges yet? Are others having different opinions, as in long time veteran smokers feeling these carts are potent? If any that I've tried have strength or potency I'm unable to tell. The forums here have rosin presses and trichome kief sifting setups. Cutting bho with petroleum oil to inhale doesn't sound great especially when the bho is mids at best in the first place.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Have so many people tried these cartridges yet? Are others having different opinions, as in long time veteran smokers feeling these carts are potent?
The discussion is over the chemical makeup of the product "Viscosity" by True Terpenes. Yes, we're aware people heavily dilute, but last I checked True Terpenes does not make or sell cartridges.

As for 'dilution,' I personally don't care for it but can see where it makes an easier to use end product. This greatly increases the types of devices it can be used in. It's the non-toxicity when vaped I find the most important.

In the end, if I want to vape I'm going to take a dab and not use a mixed solution in a pen. You pay for convenience with money or health.

gh0stm0de

Just to offer my .02

Absolutely love carts, they were a game changer for me. I was extremely skeptical til I began making my own. I did get a distillate kit, but if you are a small personal producer you can just dewax or winterize your product.

I believe vape carts may be the most efficient, discrete and convenient method for consumption short of eating it.

For those of you hating on carts, it seems like none of you have actually made your own. Try making your own first before writing it off.

I like how I can add different terps to the same distillate or dewaxed shatter to take the effect in different directions. For example, TT Zkittles helps me get to sleep and I have terrible insomnia.

I certainly respect dissenters but I just wanted to offer my perspective. All my friends, associates and clients tell me they love my carts, honestly. I have genuinely had people mention that my carts are too potent for while they are at work. I add 10% terps.

Anyhow just chiming in... To each their own

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
From the TT website :

VISCOSITY Extract Liquifier is the original flavorless odorless extract diluent made from a blend of 100% organic terpenes.

It does not contain PG, VG, PEG, MCT, Coconut oil, or any other non-terpene ingredients.

So to me, it should be 100% terpenes. No other ingredients. Is that the case?

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Organic as in organic chemical, chemistry, volatile organic solvent, derived from petroleum mined from the ground?

Or organic as in certified approved agricultural practice?

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Synthetic additives which give drug effects when inhaled?

Or have you found a way to save all the distillate products from harvested cannabis plants and separate them from each other and solvents contaminants etc?

What are FDA rules on providing spectral graphs for other inhaled substances? Trade secret is ok or ingredients provided?

pinkus

Veteran
IF true terpenes is selling mineral oil as terpenes, EN has done a great service. If not and a competitor, then he's an ass hat. Deciding which is which will take evidence for me to decide.

Those that just picked a side... :moon:

I LOVE my cartridges, that I make. They are NOT diluted much at all. In fact, the terps don't seem to add to the volume at all. It seems they act as lubricants between the cannabinoids. I use the minimum amount to let them flow to the intake ports. About 4 drops per gram when decarboxylated fully.

Another red flag is when sound logic is posted and the OP cannot refute it, so they ignore it. This thread, in my opinion, is a waste of time.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I see zero logic in your reasoning, because there is no logic.

It's just not logical to prefer anecdotal evidence over quantified analytical data. And it's even more illogical to use anecdotal evidence as 'proof' against quantified analytical data, as well as ammo for your ad hominem attacks against me.

I provided the answer, you just don't trust the messenger.

If you really care this much, please buy a bottle of Viscosity and send it unopened to a lab to test for mineral oil and any sign of terpenes.

From the TT website :

VISCOSITY Extract Liquifier is the original flavorless odorless extract diluent made from a blend of 100% organic terpenes.

It does not contain PG, VG, PEG, MCT, Coconut oil, or any other non-terpene ingredients.

So to me, it should be 100% terpenes. No other ingredients. Is that the case?
According to two independent GC tests at two different labs, no. "The sample did not show any signs of terpenes in the mixture. The sample a blend of some very heavy, non-volatile, odorless material, along with some mineral oil."

Latest posts

Latest posts