What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ethiopian x New Killer Malawi Fem

ULMW

Very nice buds. What’s your lighting set up?

Thanks for the kind words and interest. I use a 600wHps Plus 2 x 300W COB LEDS total of about 1000W coverage for four plants in a 120 x 120 set up. I dial down the LEDS to half way only.

Hope that helps. Happy growing!:)

ULMW

:) Give so much thanks Dubi. Betam Konjo !!! beautiful Ischense Trees! As always but so very natural and so clearly well loved and looked after in the selection process and the careful rearing of the new seeds and now these great hybrids F1 and full of joy and African roots just the way I love them. Blessed Love. ULMW:tiphat:

Attachments

• 20190402_072129[1].jpg
    20190402_072129[1].jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 81

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking great ULMW :D

You really have done justice to the genetics :yes: Lovely resinous and quite tight sativa african flowers. Guess you already has harvested her, congrats!
Please, share pics before chop when you have the chance. Enjoy her! ;)

ULMW

:biggrin:Love this combo. Only had couple likkle samples and they are delightfully Ethiopian in taste and smell but develop into the deep meditation vibes of Malawi. Will need a good cure to bring out its full potential and flavors.
Lovely plant
Thank You Ace Seeds And Good Brother Dubi!!!!:huggg::tiphat:

Attachments

• 20190418_192757.jpg
    20190418_192757.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 20190418_192824.jpg
    20190418_192824.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 20190418_192837.jpg
    20190418_192837.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 20190418_192850.jpg
    20190418_192850.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 20190418_192906.jpg
    20190418_192906.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 20190418_193008.jpg
    20190418_193008.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 20190418_192947.jpg
    20190418_192947.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 20190418_192928.jpg
    20190418_192928.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 20190418_192917.jpg
    20190418_192917.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 80

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi ULMW,

Thank you very much for sharing pics of your Ethiopian x Malawi before and after harvest. :huggg: Look delicious :yummy:
Glad this hybrid brings you nice memories from your beloved land. Enjoy :tiphat: Take care

ULMW

Selamta! Greetings and glad tidings to each and all.
Blessed Love for all the kind words , interest and support , All Praises unto Creator and unto Dubi and Ace Seeds Family who have bred this Regal beauty. She is my current favorite and a go to for special occasions..
This is herb fi the elders. Not a ravers ting but something you take with a good book or a favorite Lp and siddung and hold a full vibes with. This herb requires that you have no rush or fuss bothering you. The smell is dank and old school African sativa 100%. Mi love it!!! If you do cobbing then am sure this will go beyond your wildest expectations after a few months of cobbing. Serious strong herb can be enjoyed.
I sweated and bag cured for a old school vibe prior to glass jars and now into vacum sealed storage pots. A good 6 to 8 weeks brings out the Ethiopian bouquet and sweetness and allows the Malawi the time to start to cure and develop that strength and the hold we seek. And it does deliver. So smooth , so resinous. A dank almost hard to describe woody sandlawood resin sweetie all enetring your senses smoothly but really fully. Thick vapes and clouds prodiluced. Lovely muskyness almost. I seldom burn herbs nowadays usally finding vaping to do my health better these days and less stress about the smells. However!!! This herb begs for a good big head old skool Fat spliff and a full cup on a coconut chalice. It is so smooth that I was surprised it nevah caused mi to cough after nearly a year or more of only vaping. I only test a spliff and cup from each harvest so I can inform patients from personal experience.
This herb is really fine and leaks oily resin down your rizla as it burns. It tastes so good, so African alot of earthyness and some sweetness into sandwood notes with each sip held comes nuff resin that you feel n taste too. I got a nice cure on it now so it still slow enough burning that it goes out a few times before finnishing a big head. And just as it finish I feel like mi could a roll next one and enjoy together. But it is wise to wait as this herb creeps and then reveals her tru power and character. 2 sticks is plenty.
Highly recommend all African herbalist fans to try this. Great long lasting high. Strong old skool.dank African Ganja! Thank you Ace Seeds

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks ULMW for such inspired smoke report on the Ethiopian x Malawi, i think i wouldn't be able to describe her better :)

These kind of sativa african hybrids with Malawi really need a good cure to offer their full potential, but you are already aware of that ;)

Thanks also for chime in Tangwena! Hugss to both!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad to see you growing some of the last Ethiopia x Malawi seeds available :yes: thanks for your support!
How are they currently doing ?

PlasmaTube

Glad to see you growing some of the last Ethiopia x Malawi seeds available :yes: thanks for your support!
How are they currently doing ?
Hey, dubi and @MrHamilton

I had to cut the grow as something in my female tent hermied. Here is what I found/saw:

1. I saw 2 phenotypes, 1 taller and more slender, the other still tall but slightly broader leaves and shorter nodes.

2. the stretch is real. I vegged for a short time and they still kept climbing.

3. 100% germ rate

4. The smells were unlike other smells I've smelled before. Floral with such a unique incense and perfume tones. Woody and musky. For those whove tried A5 or similar types (CBH, etc.), you know that wooden and liver/meaty smell. Picture that, but with a very intoxicating floral and incense/perfume to it...no liver. Smell alone bummed me out, bc I really wanted to finish these and hopefully keep one around.

5. Trichome production was on the level of the Malawi reg I grew last year. Resinous stems and all over the buds. Really oily stuff here.

I have some Ethiopian regs I may pop and put outside for sexing and bringing inside.

I have one one those reaching her 4th month of curing. Love it.
But first, pics. 12th week after flip to 11/13.

full

full

2. the stretch is real. I vegged for a short time and they still kept climbing.
Same here. Mine has shown her first pistils only one week after flip but has not stopped stretching until at least 4 weeks. She's ended up as tall as the GT3 close to her.

4. The smells were unlike other smells I've smelled before. Floral with such a unique incense and perfume tones. Woody and musky. For those whove tried A5 or similar types (CBH, etc.), you know that wooden and liver/meaty smell. Picture that, but with a very intoxicating floral and incense/perfume to it...no liver. Smell alone bummed me out, bc I really wanted to finish these and hopefully keep one around.
Totally unlike any other smells i've smelled before, as well. But i don't get the perfume tones. Woody and musky, certainly. In my case, it's thick, oily, with something kind of fruity, but cooked fruits ; it has something of a hash smell too, and a bit of green, a bit like japanese green tea (not unlike gyokuro). But the dominating smell is oily and thick. Very sensual. Very "come back and smell me ! ". And the flowers have had this alluring smell since very early in their life, not changing a bit until know after almost 4 month of curing. There may be a bit more fruit and hash, a bit more complexity to it, but not that much. Yet ? We'll see...

Rubbing the stems did yield a very different smell, though : still strong, but not thick at all. Fruity as hell, very fresh, lots of spices.

The effect is quite clean, in the way that i can do something and keep focus on it while very high on her. Very enjoyable during daytime, but don't over indulge. Or do, and listen to some music. That's a good combo too.

I love this strain. I should have bought more seeds :canabis:

OZZ_

Veteran
I have one one those reaching her 4th month of curing. Love it.
But first, pics. 12th week after flip to 11/13.

full

full

Same here. Mine has shown her first pistils only one week after flip but has not stopped stretching until at least 4 weeks. She's ended up as tall as the GT3 close to her.

Totally unlike any other smells i've smelled before, as well. But i don't get the perfume tones. Woody and musky, certainly. In my case, it's thick, oily, with something kind of fruity, but cooked fruits ; it has something of a hash smell too, and a bit of green, a bit like japanese green tea (not unlike gyokuro). But the dominating smell is oily and thick. Very sensual. Very "come back and smell me ! ". And the flowers have had this alluring smell since very early in their life, not changing a bit until know after almost 4 month of curing. There may be a bit more fruit and hash, a bit more complexity to it, but not that much. Yet ? We'll see...

Rubbing the stems did yield a very different smell, though : still strong, but not thick at all. Fruity as hell, very fresh, lots of spices.

The effect is quite clean, in the way that i can do something and keep focus on it while very high on her. Very enjoyable during daytime, but don't over indulge. Or do, and listen to some music. That's a good combo too.

I love this strain. I should have bought more seeds :canabis:

Very very nice pics and report too, I snagged a few packs of this awhile back. Very glad I did. I try and get in the habit of buying whatever ACE throws out as you never know when they go discontinued. Awesome lines.