What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nutrients

terpinator

I’ve been growing in coco for about 6 years now and have tried a few different nutrient solutions. For me DynaGro meets the requirements. I like it purely because it’s simple. If you’re not into DynaGro then best bet is to formulate your own mix with some dry minerals.
Biggest thing I have found with coir is that almost all the brands have high EC/PPM around 670+PPM. While it hasn’t been a problem for me, I’m sure that problems can be made with salt buildup, also coir seems to need a tad bit more Ca than other mediums.
I use Foliage Pro, Bloom, KLN, MagPro & Protek. Definitely need to tinker with ratios though, I haven’t had a grow where one mix was perfect for all. Some will have some minimal nute burn, some will have some minimal deficiencies, but ALLof them have heavy trichome production early on. I’m a long time lurker first time poster. Definitely gonna slap some pics up.