What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orient Express x Nepal Jam feminized limited edition

H.Stoner

just a suggestion

just a suggestion

week 8
i started to feed her water chilled to 10°C, it makes the purples come out nicely.

try 13 deg celsius next time and see the difference. mainly case 50 deg root temps slow down plant dynamics and growth. it's different when the canopy has a lower temp to get more color as opposed to hitting the roots directly with water that cold. just plant basics that seem to be tried and true.

she's purdy though.:huggg:

Hogni

I'm just popping 6 of them. Hope to get a real keeper for my SCROG system under my new 3500k 460W/m² LED QB-System with additional red/far-red booster and UV. Should be light power (42,75w/sq ft) enough I guess.
SFAIK they are recommended for SCROG indoors?
With or without topping?
Somewhere I've read yield can reach up to 730g/m² indoors? Is that realistically?
Any recommendations regarding fertilizers/EC-increase during the grow?
Happy to have a good collection of ACE varieties for experimentations now.

Koondense

Veteran
Hey Hogni,
I tried two plants from this cross and must say they were very vigorous growers, high yielders and have great potential for a scrog grow. Had to top the NJ pheno because she would overgrow the tent if I hadn't. LST is practically mandatory.
Keep them green with N and microelements, keep an eye on pH and EC and you'll get some seriously big plants with big buds.
Despite it being an F1 cross you can expect some variation, especially in height, so keep an eye in veg and adjust the canopy for an even scrog, if you want a big harvest.
Best of luck.

My two OEJNs, left is the huge NJ pheno

picture.php

Cheers

Hogni

Great girls! Thanks a lot. Already growing with SCROG so an even canopy shouldn't be a problem. And regarding the height, I guess the LED will hold them small. Up to now the height of the plants under my LED is just 1/2-2/3 compared to those under the Adjust-a-Wing with 600w HPS. But yield is also more, around 60%.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Koondense for sharing your experience and for your help :)

Hogni, i think Orient Express x Nepal Jam is the strain with stronger indica influence from the ones you are about to try from us. OE x NJ works great both in SOG (small single cola plants grown in smaller pots) and in SCROGs as well .... with longer veg periods and proper topping it can produce a lot too. It's technically a poly hybrid, so good variation among different plants can be found, but all the expressions are desirable, some may are more suitable, depending on growing requirements and on the personal taste of the grower.

Hogni

Thanks, Dubi! I know that the OrEx Nam is leaned more to the Indica side but it's not intended for my personal Sativa stash. Therefore I bought the other varieties ;-)
Hope to see you at the Spannabis! Do the guys at your booth know who DUBI is when I ask for you?

Kijell

I can only recommend this strain!

She was the highest yielding plant I had so far (it was only my fourth grow so still learning :p) and real easy to grow. I literally had to do nothing, just give nutes.
I topped for 6 Branches and they all spreaded perfect and the strong branches never needed support. She doesnt need too much space, stretches fine and flowers quickly with nice buds.

1 Nepal Pheno finished in 7 Weeks and the high yielding went for 9 weeks.

She smells a bit earthy, floral, like dried fruit. She burns real nice when smoked.

The effect of the 9 week pheno for me is quite uplifting, good for thinking, does not hit too hard and a warm body feeling. I like it very much!
The 7 week pheno was more for chilling and sleeping.

Nice work, will grow it again in the future :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely resinous flowers on your Orient Express x Nepal Jam StrongTree :)

She got the flowering structure from the Orient Express, and the lankier more open growth structure from the Nepal Jam parental plant.

What's your opinion about her after drying and curing stage ?

Thanks for sharing the outcome of all your ACE Seeds grows! :wave:

Orient Express x Nepal Jam

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Kijell,

Nice to hear you have enjoyed with the growing and outcome of this hybrid!

It's indeed a very easy to grow and fast flowering hybrid with plenty of desirable traits. Both Orient Express and Nepal Jam produce an uplifting and well being effect with warm body effects ... with the right feeding and the right pheno the yields on this cross are very high. Glad you rate it highly. Enjoy! ;)

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I'm a big fan of both parents so naturally have wanted to try this cross ever since it was released. Finally had a chance to pop a seed this spring.

Very typical squatty hashplant structure with dense buds that are absolutely covered with sugar. Her leaves are starting to fade finally and I will give her the chop in a week or two. Lovely plant, highly resinous, with delicious aromas. Not as musky as OE but not as sweet and fruity as Nep Jam. Overall a fine specimen, and this would be a great choice for indoor growers with a smaller tent space.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
This one got some botrytis and I ended up losing about 20% of the plant. But what I managed to save is very pleasant. Better for low humidity months though.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi TexasTea :)

Glad you finally had the chance to experience the OE x NJ limited edition, since you have grown previously Orient Express and Nepal Jam your feedback is highly appreciated!
And you are right, OE x NJ produces very resinous buds and a high % of the plants yield very well in small indoor spaces, for outdoor growing the lusher denser phenos are more suitable for dry climates due to their thick foliage and dense flowers.

Wish you enjoy with your harvest! :yes:

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Maybe this strain could be encouraged to stretch to open it up a little. Or perhaps doing some LST training to create an open structure would help with botrytis prevention.

Dubi (or anybody with thoughts)

I went with 5 seeds this year (2x OE x NJ, 2x BK x PCK, 1x Zam x Kali). However during germination my container fell over, and the seeds became separated from labels.

4 of the seeds made it, and now we are in Flower. Below are pictures of the 4 plants. Do you have insights into what each might be? Close-up photos go left from right. (my guess is the first one on far left is a OE x NJ). The last one to the right looks the most different from the other strains (and already looking much farther into flower.)

bTNpiTY.jpg

J9hBkS1.jpg

lsBWtTF.jpg

hDlxNSw.jpg

6UVL9m8.jpg

Fronk

Dubi (or anybody with thoughts)

I went with 5 seeds this year (2x OE x NJ, 2x BK x PCK, 1x Zam x Kali). However during germination my container fell over, and the seeds became separated from labels.

4 of the seeds made it, and now we are in Flower. Below are pictures of the 4 plants. Do you have insights into what each might be? Close-up photos go left from right. (my guess is the first one on far left is a OE x NJ). The last one to the right looks the most different from the other strains (and already looking much farther into flower.)

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Imag

I think
From left to right
Orient x Nepal
Zamkal
Orient x Nepal
Bubba x pck
✌️