What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr.Greengenes Cherry Bomb F2

seymourbud

Day 64 of flower, pink hues on all of the buds. All buds are the same, conical in shape, the lower buds are just smaller. I think I will take to her to Day 70 as she has not begun to fade yet. The primary bud on the cola (the top bud) continues to stack and fatten up. Stem rub doesn't give me anything except good smelling dank. In my style of growing, single cola, small container, I think she will be an above average producer. She was hard for me to clone, but I did wind up with 2 nice clones after a few failures. Smoke report to come around the start of December. Good one VG. Thanks!

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sounds good seymour, have you not rubbed a few tricomes to see how it smells?

seymourbud

Just did a slight squeeze of the bud to get a sense of the density and to see what type of smell she would give off. The bud looks dense, but it is not very dense. Cone shape bud. The smell is very non-descript. Took a look through a scope and found about 50/50 clear to milky heads on the main bud. Wondering if 70 days will be enough. Today is day 65. The hairs definitely have a very pinkish hue.

Moogman

Will you ever be offering these again Verdant mate? I remember Mr.G doing a show of these over at the old HG site and I was jaw dropped.

seymourbud

Day 71 today, and she is starting to fade, but little to no amber trichs. Pistils on main cola/bud still pinkish/white and not dried out. Will wait one more day me thinks. Anyone have flowering times? I seen 9 weeks, but I am almost 10 days past that.

vapor

Veteran
The lanky cherry bomb pheno i always let run 12 weeks flower.......I have some seedling at a ft tall they show strong vigor, thick stems. Do you notice the different traits of the different crosses vg?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Moogman, i will make some more CB seeds at some point, but it wont be for a while... ( i do still have 10 original seeds from Mr.G as well as some of my own making from various runs)

seymour, most phenos will go around 9 weeks but it sounds like yours might need a bit longer. (if im not absolutely sure i tend to give them another week) Mr.G managed to keep quite a bit of variation in the line. i look forward to the smoke report!

hey vapor, glad yours are doing well! do you mean making crosses with different CB phenos? i have always mixed the pollen from as many males as i can when doing crosses so havent really tracked the traits of individual phenos.
Mr.G told me that CB males were all true-breeding for CB's defining traits and didnt need to be progeny tested.
most of the phenos have red stems, some red pistils and that tart fizzy cherry lifesaver smell. I also really liked the pheno that stayed green and was a bit taller with spear shaped buds. smell was sweeter and i really liked the high. i tried to make sure the 'green pheno' stayed present in the line.
look forward to seeing what you get!

VG

therevverend

Veteran
Awesome! Good to hear your keeping the line going and it breeds relatively true. One of my favorites.
I have a Mendo friend who collects cherry types, his goal is to make the ultimate cherry. He's got good results but is always looking for real cherry bomb to add in. There's always some nice cherry cuts floating around but not the bomb.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks revverend, yeah the CB is a valuable line for sure.

some of you may be interested in cross im making:

OG Kush Abusive x Cherry Bomb

it looks like the pollination has worked using frozen pollen from the CB seed run a few months ago.
The OGKA has great density (which the CB lacks) and it has all those dank kushy bottom notes.... if the Cherry top notes from the CB come through we could end up with a 'Cherry OG.'

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks guys, i'll start a thread when things get a bit further along.

VG

vapor

Veteran
afternoon folks, Here is my cherrybombs. They are going into flower today. I see 2 phenos so far by growth maybe 3. We will see how they flower{transplanted to 16 gal for flower, 7 gal for veg}....
I really enjoyed this herb when i grew it years ago fingers crossed i will get some lanky girls to choose from they are the ones i prefer.....I will post pics if while they flower.....ps almost forgot she is a leaf flipper. Flips them upside down then back, she has very long stems{vision thai had those too}.....

Attachments

• cb111.jpg
    cb111.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 31
  • cb222.jpg
    cb222.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 36
  • cb333.jpg
    cb333.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 36
  • cb444.jpg
    cb444.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 35

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
This is a nice line, they seem to be a mix between purple and green, with the purple ones bieng more dark in flavour, red wine and cocoa kinda...and the green one i had was lemon and tobbacco, which literaly when burnt made the room smell like a ciggarette was smoked.

They look great. !! :lurk:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking great vapor! yeah long petioles is a CB trait :) not one of its best traits thogh lol.

nice double serrations on some of those leaves

VG

vapor

Veteran
Got 5 males, did not keep any of them. As i am more interested in the female side of these genes. So in about 20 seeds 5 males not bad....