What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What nutrients do you use?

pinkus

Veteran
Jack's 5-12-26 and Calcium nitrate.

Drip clean, a zyme product, occasional silica products.

Next choice for me is the dynagro line. Jack's is simply cheaper with no loss of quality.

Other lines work great, but usually at a much higher costs.

:bandit:

mexweed

Veteran
so I think vitamin c powder is not technically organic, neither is the medusa's magic because they use some calcium based forms

vitamin c powder ph drift from 6 to 7 over 24 hours, so not for hydro but perfect for soil

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
If your still looking, try Ionic. You will need a CF Truncheon to really get it though. It's a single part feed, so you just pour some in, and stir it. Pour in more if required. It's especially easy to mix up buckets. Just splashing some in and stirring. No need to transfer A&B into bottle caps, then count in syringes full. Just splash.

Ionic doesn't give the 'yang' that you smell around coffee shops. That samey taste imparted upon the weed, that most kids likely think is a weed taste. Other than that, it's the same as anything else. Any will suit some varieties better than others, and so may or may not be the best thing you ever tried.

R

Rab.C

i was using mills and as a new grower i have questions.i have rang the shop and they

never get back too you.so i am switching to a company with better customer support

G

GatorGumbo

Basic as it gets. FFOF, FF Bloom, calmag and coffee grounds for N at midflowering or after transplants.

RD Moonshine Haze day 50

Working on integrating silica and CO2 in the future, otherwise happy enough for what it costs me in dollars and pests.

nigel420

It's not like I use them all at the same time.

Veg
Bottles 1&2: A base to start with. I chose a two-part.
Bottle 3: Liquid Karma, if you haven't used it then you just don't know.
Bottle 4: Increasing root mass is always a good idea.
Bottle 5: Kelp is fantastic in soil and soilless. Get on board.
Bottle 6: Silica, also fantastic results.

Flowering
"Bottle" 7: Higher P, PK supplement to control that element. Dry salt in a bag, not a bottle.
"Bottle" 8: Higher K, PK supplement to control that element. Dry salt in a bag, not a bottle.
"Bottle" 9: Magnesium Sulfur supplement to control those elements. Also could be dry.
Bottle 10: Resin enhancer, because, lets be honest here. I'm growing for the resin.
Bottle 11: Organic chelate removes buildup and improves uptake of low EC feedings.
Bottle 12: Flowering base nutrient with low N.

To someone with reason who recognizes that each product has a time and a place they will see this a complete program.

And if you wanted a complete list of every product I used on my current grow (Day 53):
3D Organics - Bone Meal 0-18-18
Aptus - Fasilitor
Aptus - StartBoost
Botanicare - CNS 17 Ripe
Botanicare - CocoGro
Botanicare - Liquid Karma
Canna - Coco A+B
Cutting Edge Solutions - Mag Amped
Cutting Edge Solutions - Uncle John's Blend
CX Nutrients - Head Master
Earth Juice - Natural Down
General Hydroponics - RapidRooter
General Organics - BioWeed
Green Planet - Bud Booster
Green Planet - Dense
GroTek - ProSilicate
GrowStone - Gnat Nix
H.C.O - Snow Storm Ultra
H.C.O. - Crystal Burst
H.C.O. - Purple Maxx
H&G - MultiZen
Mad Farmer - N.U.T.S.
Old School Growers - Microbial Tea
Smart Pot - 1 Gallons
Tap water - Unfiltered
Vermicrop - VermiT
West Coast Growers - OMRI Magnesium
Xtreme Gardening - Azos

:laughing:

I paid for the Canna, the Botanicare, and the Uncle Johns Blend. Everything else was free. Well... Not the DR90, the Blockbuster 6", the Elicent 6", Phresh Silencer, the Am Hydro tray, or the 400w Digilux MH. All of that equipment was all new for this round
😂😂😂😂😂

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
why so many bottles?

come out of the darkness and realize what you can do w/ a good base nutrient and 1, maybe 2, additives
Exactly, and to top it off the majority of growers using multi bottles per grow have NEVER done a simple, plain nutes grow for comparison. Literally no clue what non 'pumped full of stuff' cannabis tastes like.

Cheap and delicious...

Maxibloom
Epsom salt
Calcium acetate
Bunny manure tea

Hiddenjems

I use either jacks or Lucas formula with monopotassiumphosphate as a bloom booster for some strains. I come out around $15 nute cost per lb of flower.

If you’ve ever been to a commercial grow ran by people with botanical training, they use zero fancy bottles, unless maybe they have an endorsement deal and it’s free. Some of them mix their own salts for nutes designed for a specific clone.

Biotabs ( these are sold with weedmarketing scam , if ya know where to look you can get em much cheaper)
DCM organic nutrients ( hardwarestore organic dried amendments )
Biovin ( leftovers from wineproduction , basicly grapehulls , loaded with microbes )
Mycorhizae , hardware store veg nutes , seaminerals

Week 3 i start with Bac Bloom , week 5 Back pk booster , Plagron Green Sensation .

I use maybe 30-40% of the recommended doses for the liquids .
Only thing i use that really costs money is the GreenSensation .

Also got most of the knf homebrews , which i mainly use as foliar , the maintenance spray .
Once in a while i'll give em some urine too

sgka

Veteran
Jacks 321. Debating switching to jacks tap for a single use mix but I bought 25lbs of both parts A and B and with 4x8 growing space that's years (3-4) worth of fertilizers for $150, you'd be a fool to use something else. I have their other products, like the bloom booster, finish, etc: haven't noticed much of a difference using them versus the 321 straight through.

I'm doing 72- 1gal squats pots, SOG. I'm getting the following averages per plant right now per strain (still dialing in):

SSH 31g
Hawaiian Snow 45g
Sugar Tits 25g
Blueberry (will know in august)

Under 37.5w/ft2 of LEDs. Occasionally there are some straggler plants with lower yields, usually because I'm scrapping for clones. Again, those are averages, so factored in.

Ca++

I have spent a couple of years going around the usual suspects again. Having moved to LED it seemed a reasonable thing to do. As ever, your location matters if you use tap. However, I'm coming full circle, back to Ionic. I have been on the ppm hunt, moving everything around individually. I have nearly every canna mono bottle, and a fair few bags of magic dust. So can mix anything. Yet... it's the Ionic I kept making. So I should just buy it. There is still room to play with it some more, but it just works as it is. A bottle for grow, and one for bloom. Sorted.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Hello there im wondering what nutrients everyone is having good success with, ive been using canna and biobizz for years and what to try something new, advanced nutes look good but there is just so much choice. I grow in soil and nft.
I developed Fungal Repositories. Using large grow bags I push a thumb sized rod into the soil in multiple spots then blend a mixture of (potatoes, bananas for Potassium) from beginning to end of the grow. I use all fruits water melons, cantaloupe, pineapples and strawberries when available. The great thing about using these types of plants is everything is already converted for cannabis uptake. Whole raw eggs are great for starting fungal repositories. Yesterday I went down to the lake and got some leftover fish cleanings. Brought home cut up a little more and run in the blender.

While plants are small you can make new repositories for each time you feed, enriching the whole bag of soil. You can see the fungi building from the eggs and pears. I use lake and rain water as much as possible.
I don't check soil Ph as the fungal colonies keep everything in a happy range. Insects aren't an issue as your plants are to healthy to be attacked.
peace farmerlion
20230531_090427.jpg
20230531_090157.jpg
20230529_120556.jpg
20230529_114950.jpg

Last edited: