What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green House Seeds Reviews?

Max Headroom

Veteran
i have smoked only a few GHS strains and they were pretty decent, but ever since GHS handed out posters at a fair that showed a big pic of arjan with the line "the king of cannabis", they are viewed pretty negatively by me. (can't stand huge egos)

A

Alfred

Who would actually WANT a poster of some dude with the caption 'The King of Cannabis'. lol

Does anyone else think that Arjan and Franco, in their grow videos, resemble closely Borat and a weird sidekick?
They are painful to watch, much like an ad for Funeral Insurance.

(I have no opinion on their seeds)

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Grown GHS Trainwreck and can only say it was very tasty and had an incredible high with a little body that lasted a good couple of hours before taking the next joint.

out of 10 had only 2 main pheno's, small compact, and a stretchy ( but not too much ).

To make them yield well veg them well.

Smells like motor oil in late veg and into flower. Definatly a different smoke too.

Fuck it I'm going to do trainwreck again after me C99's are done for christmas.

overbudjet

Veteran
I have some GHS strain in my room now!
Train Wreck/K-Train/Chemdog/The Doctor(free bee),they are at 7 week into12/12 and the doctor will be my choice for a fast/big yeilding strain .

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
Grown GHS Trainwreck and can only say it was very tasty and had an incredible high with a little body that lasted a good couple of hours before taking the next joint.

out of 10 had only 2 main pheno's, small compact, and a stretchy ( but not too much ).

To make them yield well veg them well.

Smells like motor oil in late veg and into flower. Definatly a different smoke too.

Fuck it I'm going to do trainwreck again after me C99's are done for christmas.

^^ thanks for the good info.

moondawg

The reason many are annoyed with GHS is the fact they've spent a lot of money and advertising convincing people of the things you posted above. According to CNBC? The channel shows out of date documentaries on pot and talks about stuff like skunk being "super pot".

GHS has some good stuff. I've very much enjoyed what I have smoked. But to claim that Arjan invented indoor growing or that he's this influential is silly. No one has been dragged around for ten years by GH. He's a rich man trying to rewrite history with marketing.

You're concluding that GHS is top dog because they bring the best product, but they're top dog because they were the first to the big money table. They staked out turf before most others even considered turf an issue. Arjan does deserves credit for being a calculating and talented businessman; he was smart enough to commercialize before anyone else did. I just don't want that to be the direction we take cannabis in. We've commercialized enough.

And I'm NOT saying GHS is selling crap, but it's very possible in this age to survive for years as a company and sell a crap product. People shine shit and call it gold, and it sells.
''
'

Hey Mt. Sterling

Buddy I dont for a minute thing Gh is top dawg because of seeds. GHS is like most other top rung companies: paradise, Mr. nice, DNa or you name it, they have 2 or 3 nice strains that theyve worked on and developed and everything else has been pollenchucked and getting something decent is luck of the draw.

Arjan and DP began to femm their seeds and they produced very stable fems that caught on. They have litterally forced every other company to femminize or perish. Good lord even kC brains has now femmed. Its not just marketing - its product development and customer service. People buy fems because they are so good and easy.

If cannabis is ever to be accepted by mainstream society, they have to become comfortable with it and that will only happen if its in their face all the time. Arjan puts cannabis in the worlds face every chance he gets. Good for him. He also provides a very good example of a successful business model for those interested in investmen t.

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
What about the strain names ? Is it ok to name whatever strain Bubba Kush, Chemdog, Trainwreck only to sell it ?
What about breeding ? Can you make a nice, hermie free cross out of their fem seeds ? Let's see it...
Sorry about the rant but I can't stand to see GHS compared to Mr. Nice...
Peace, HJ.

T

thesloppy

What about the strain names ? Is it ok to name whatever strain Bubba Kush, Chemdog, Trainwreck only to sell it ?

Those three strains have been long accepted as exactly what they say they are. The Bubba Kush and Chemdog are both from a joint project with Apothecary Genetics, and several reputable folks have confirmed that their Traniwreck is genuine.

Believing/not checking bad information is certainly your 'right', but passing it on is irresponsible.

T

thesloppy

ghs only wants your money, doesnt care about anything else

This is 100% true. It's also true of every other seed company I've ever dealt with/heard of. Amazingly enough, it's actually possible to quantify exactly how much of my money each seed company wants for each of their seeds, and GHS wants less than most.

mr.brunch

Veteran
if you but the clones from a recognised breeder (apothecary) and then s1 them, what else would you call them?
there are also plenty of herm reports from mns too..... but i suppose those dont count?

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
GHS has definitely changed their marketing...with that said I have yet to have a bad sample of SLH but that's the only one I'd grow from them...

mr.brunch

Veteran
dont miss out just cos of the hype machine.
good plants... hawaiian snow is strongggg sativa beautiful taste, big bang is gorgeous smoke, himalaya gold would be fattt in the right outdoor enviro.
i know gh wont send to u.s, and wont give support to u.s, but looking at the cases of neville/ and marc emery, can you really blame them?

Latest posts

Latest posts