What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Weed

DRorganic

Veteran
there are some nice purple sativas out there like the ones DJ short puts out. maybe because he uses his blue berry to cross to every thing. and there not all hype as in week smoke. because i have heard nothing but good things about DJ and how good his gear is.

Trichromedout

Recovering Seed Whore
ICMag Donor
East COast Purple Diesel

East COast Purple Diesel

East Coast Purple DIesel by Outlaw Genetics is the shiznit, still think it is the best weed I have smoked so far. Tastes like grape fun dip. :tiphat:

Krusher

picture.php

Matanuska Purple Fuck

picture.php

Matanuska Purple Fuck, Hawaiian Purple Kush, Purple Train Wreck[/quote]

i think that this is a quite purple flowers man!

homebrew420

thricomedout I would have picked up some more of Outlaws gear but I heard he got busted. Did buy some of his magic Merlin though. got 2 phenos one turned purple with a million foxtailed flowers and the other is a MASSIVE yielding grapefruit flavored super stout lady. Was hoping they would turn out like the pict I saw. They did not.

I have grown a number of purple strains, going to do a run of Blue sat 2.2, praying for purp on that one. GDP was some of the best tasting smoke, yeild was crap though. Have a tangerine diesel that gets purple tips when ripe. Still searching for the purple holy grail.

Peace

G

Guest3498

Dankfrank said about everything there is to say in the 2nd post!!

Grandaddy purp is a good one

picture.php

picture.php

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
herb that purples due to temps, in my opinion, isnt really a purple strain.

some strains purple because of temps, other from light. when i grow out my bkgk it truns completely purple. the only green leaves are green where another leaf was laying on top. it didnt receive direct light. there are a number of grapey tasting strains that are purple in color but it isnt a rule. i have had really potent green herb and really potent purple herb. i dont see any correlation between color and potency.

i would have to agree with dank.frank on this one as well.

bkgk
picture.php

picture.php

northern dreams purple pheno
picture.php

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Around here people go ape shit for purple. Someone tried to sell me an 8th for $75 once and I laughed my ass off. Based on my experience the best buds I've had have all been green, but I do love the bag appeal of purple and the plants are hands down gorgeous.

Drewsif

To me purp is a flavor and effect not a color. Not all purple strains have it but plenty of unrelated purps do.. Who cares about looks, the feeling of purp is a very distinct heavy feeling , like body lock, not body weakness. You feel shorter and heavier, not weaker and lazier.. Even if the shit is brown and yields low on extract. I've noticed flavor similarities between different strains with the "purp effect"..You pick up some Purple Hindu from the store smelling like licorice and turkey gravy and it ain't gonna have it, but with that deep pungent purp flavor it always will.

W

Water-

To me purp is a flavor and effect not a color. Not all purple strains have it but plenty of unrelated purps do.. Who cares about looks, the feeling of purp is a very distinct heavy feeling , like body lock, not body weakness. You feel shorter and heavier, not weaker and lazier.. Even if the shit is brown and yields low on extract. I've noticed flavor similarities between different strains with the "purp effect"..You pick up some Purple Hindu from the store smelling like licorice and turkey gravy and it ain't gonna have it, but with that deep pungent purp flavor it always will.

"Your sense of smell is intricately linked to emotion and memory centers in the brain, establishing a potential cause and effect between the pleasant lavender floral scent (cause) of the terpene, linalool, with a relaxed and improved mood (effect)"

Purple plants have more linalool so I am asssuming that they are also more calming due to this.

but im just guessing

purple seems to impact my mind through sight the same way it does through smell

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BKGK Bx1

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Plenty of super potent purples around. Plenty of lack luster plants too, but that is true of all cannabis.

dank.Frank

Latest posts

Latest posts