What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Optic Foliar (BRAND NEW 3-part foliar line)

Psuper

This B.C.-based company just popped up on 05/26/2010. I hadn't heard of them until I received a free 60ml sample of their Transport from the hydro shop.

They make three products but the Transport is their wetting and delivery agent, like Penetrator from the Dutch Master line.

There is no source of information or reviews outside of their website:
http://www.opticfoliar.com/products/megawatts.html

I am not immediately purchasing the line so no reveiws coming yet. But I was happy to get some of this Transport for free instead of having to buy a bottle of Penetrator.

Here's the other two products, with company description:

Mega Watts
Description:
Once Transport has opened the stomata, Optic Foliar Mega Watts is able to trigger photosynthetic cycles and exponentially increase the amount of light energy being utilized and processed by the plant, directly resulting in increased growth rates.

Rev
Description
Optic Foliar Rev steps in to help maintain and support the high levels of energy being produced by providing key ingredients—including amino acids and micro-nutrients—that target specific areas of a plant. REV helps a plant maintain its highly accelerated growth and flowering rates, resulting in greener and healthier plants, as well as higher-quality crop yields.

Not much more information to share, other than recommending to stop by your local hydro shop and trying to snatch a free sample.

sneakinman13

Veteran
interesting , i use the dm nutes for my foliar. but always open for new ones... anyone try this stuff yet?

B

Bud Bug

This B.C.-based company just popped up on 05/26/2010. I hadn't heard of them until I received a free 60ml sample of their Transport from the hydro shop.

They make three products but the Transport is their wetting and delivery agent, like Penetrator from the Dutch Master line.

There is no source of information or reviews outside of their website:
http://www.opticfoliar.com/products/megawatts.html

I am not immediately purchasing the line so no reveiws coming yet. But I was happy to get some of this Transport for free instead of having to buy a bottle of Penetrator.

Here's the other two products, with company description:

Mega Watts
Description:
Once Transport has opened the stomata, Optic Foliar Mega Watts is able to trigger photosynthetic cycles and exponentially increase the amount of light energy being utilized and processed by the plant, directly resulting in increased growth rates.

Rev
Description
Optic Foliar Rev steps in to help maintain and support the high levels of energy being produced by providing key ingredients—including amino acids and micro-nutrients—that target specific areas of a plant. REV helps a plant maintain its highly accelerated growth and flowering rates, resulting in greener and healthier plants, as well as higher-quality crop yields.

Not much more information to share, other than recommending to stop by your local hydro shop and trying to snatch a free sample.

From what I hear that guy had something to do with designing the original DM Penetrator/Foliatech poroducts. They are more concentrated I think its 7.ml/L Mind you Penetrator was never 60ml/L it was originally 20ml/L. Then they went to 30 and then to 60ml/L

Psuper

From what I hear that guy had something to do with designing the original DM Penetrator/Foliatech poroducts. They are more concentrated I think its 7.ml/L Mind you Penetrator was never 60ml/L it was originally 20ml/L. Then they went to 30 and then to 60ml/L

Yep. 7.5ml per litre of water.

I've recently been using Thrive Alive B-1 from TechnaFlora (organic version, a kelp and B vitamin supplement) alongside this Transport I mentioned on two clones that were being LSTed. I broke a branch almost completely off the main stem of one of these clones, tied it up, and continued foliar feedings, and saw no sign of stress to the branch/plant which has now healed. I don't have a control clone going that doesn't get foliar feedings, but I am happy with the results and am going to pick up a larger bottle.

Psuper

I forgot to metnion, the other thing that makes me want to try this product line is that they give directions for feeding during flowering. Here's what the bottle says:
"Spray leaves 2-3 times per week throughout growth stage and up to week 4 of flower"

I am interested to hear any experiences with foliar feeding during flowering. AND there's another thread right now on this topic:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=184909

Looking forward to more discussion on this before I invest in any foliar nutes.

Free is what it's worth.

Why? You don't believe in delivery agents or foliar feedings in general?

grapeman

Veteran
I forgot to metnion, the other thing that makes me want to try this product line is that they give directions for feeding during flowering. Here's what the bottle says:
"Spray leaves 2-3 times per week throughout growth stage and up to week 4 of flower"

I am interested to hear any experiences with foliar feeding during flowering. AND there's another thread right now on this topic:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=184909

Looking forward to more discussion on this before I invest in any foliar nutes.

Cheapest and best foliar sprays IMO are alfalfa and kelp.

Psuper

Hasn't anyone else gotten free samples and done a run with this stuff?

I am still a good 4 weeks from finishing a current grow but am going to be using this whole line with my next clones during veg and for a couple or few weeks into flowering.

The other thing I forgot to mention that caught my eye was that the company mentions that there is no need to pH adjust the solution before application.

grapeman

Veteran

This is snake oil. I've been using delivery agents and non-ionized spreader stickers since the 1960's.

I also farm for a living. I see products like this come in at about 10 per year. Nice color brochure with big words but no science to back it up.

Feel free to use it if you are impressed.

There is actually ALOT of science behind this product. It has been developed over 15 years time so its not some fly by night company.

The customer service with this place is top notch and KNOW what they are talking about. Foliar feeding methods has been proven (with MUCH science) for years and years......it works very well and plants get instant benefit from it.

Alot has changed since the 60's....LOL

Cant wait to try some samples on some veggies to see whats up.....

grapeman

Veteran
There is actually ALOT of science behind this product. It has been developed over 15 years time so its not some fly by night company.

The customer service with this place is top notch and KNOW what they are talking about. Foliar feeding methods has been proven (with MUCH science) for years and years......it works very well and plants get instant benefit from it.

Alot has changed since the 60's....LOL

Cant wait to try some samples on some veggies to see whats up.....

Don't be moronic. I've read their label, looked at their product and read their brochures. There is NO fucking science included on or in any of this shit. If you are impressed over words like "transport" then buy it. I could give a shit.

Oh ! And I've farmed for a living for decades and I keep up with science and new products at a much more robust clip then most, if not all who post here. If you think I still use the same products that I used in the 1960's, and I am still in business, then you are not thinking clearly. These products come to us first, long before they filter down to kids growing pot.

First off its free samples...second off ...your the MORON for not reading more than just the LABEL...LOL. I am impressed by your ignorance and rudeness. Its obvious you know nothing about the product and have convienced yourself its snake oil. Par for the course around here...hehe

grapeman

Veteran
First off its free samples...second off ...your the MORON for not reading more than just the LABEL...LOL. I am impressed by your ignorance and rudeness. Its obvious you know nothing about the product and have convienced yourself its snake oil. Par for the course around here...hehe

So if you have read the science behind this, explain it please. LOL

First, they are free samples...second, ...you're the MORON for not reading more than just the LABEL...LOL. I am impressed by your ignorance and rudeness. It's obvious you know nothing about the product and have convinced yourself it's snake oil. Par for the course around here...hehe

Grapeman is a very knowledgeable and experienced grower. I wouldn't knock him. Also, I made some corrections to your post. When you call someone out, it helps to also not sound like a moron.

A lot of these additives and supplements are nonsense. Useless stuff marketed towards the gullible who do not dig deeper and read into the science (if any) behind these products.

If you think you know so much, do please share some information. This is the purpose of a forum, after all.

SativaBreather

Veteran
this stuff has just hit the UK and I gotta say I like it. The REV, WATTS, TRANSPORT combo is great and adding neem to transport makes the plants look gorgeous.
Im still bit suspect about the the SWITCH cos although it works great I just wonder what makes a plant have buds within a week of 12/12. I spray it at day 1 not day 7 as recommended and within a week I have small buds. I dont bother with the second recommended application as I dont see the need.
The overgrow is good too.
So yeah I'd recommend this line, just like to know what PGR is in SWITCH

SativaBreather

Veteran
ethylene is the product in SWITCH responsible for curtailing height and propelling them into flower, there aint no pac or carcinogenic shit in any of the OF range, all of which are fucking excellent
Grapeman is wrong, no snake oil, just really effective products

DemonTrich

Veteran
I bought switch to help with a light leak herm issue. since Dutch masters reverse is no longer available, but I did find one bottle and their saturator. the saturator (imo) is mearly a soapy water agent to aid the plant leaf in absorbing the foliar spray. I use baby shampoo when applying neem oil, and used the same for the dutch master, and will use the same for the switch. next application of switch is on 7/2.

switch has the exact same ingredients as dutch master, but a bit cheaper.

SativaBreather

Veteran
mate you need to read the instructions
SWITCH wont work without Transport - and be sure to spray it within 15 mins of mixing the two together or it wont work
baby shampoo is for babies, SWITCH and Transport are for plants

DemonTrich

Veteran
BS!! its an expensive wetting agent is all. I have a bottle of penetrator from dutch masters that's the same chemical make up as transport.

just like a 100.00 bottle (medium sized) of MOAB is the same chemical make up as MBFERTS 5.00 a POUND nutrient. labeling, pictures and packaging is the only difference.

so what do you use for a neem oil foliar application then? you must use a wetting agent. ive been using neem for 3 yrs with baby shampoo this way and my clones always look healthy as can be.

just saying.

SativaBreather

Veteran
well I speak to Dinesh the manufacturer directly and you need to use Transport - do what you will but I do things properly.

when I use neem I add transport and the plants look beautiful