What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"NYC Piff"

bigherb

Veteran
Well, I know Neville used the A male to make the NL5 x Haze cross. I think it was also the A male used in the G13 cross but I don't have my notes to hand.

I'm not that familiar with Keralan ganja either, but this year will see a bunch of them grown outdoors in a good climate by a friend and I will be popping some of the RSC Keralan indoors too as it's supposed to be a very minty smell/taste and I have a minty Mexican cutting I need a male for, I love the minty taste so the aim is to make a minty sativa line.

I have one Colombian Gold line that I have worked with for a few years, it's excellent and the tastes I describe are mostly based on my experiences with it. I have a couple of other Colombian Gold lines from other sources, will be growing those out soon I hope. I do have a bunch of lowland Colombian Red seeds I need to try to germ soon, and I have some Punto Rojo too somewhere.

I'm currently growing out some Oaxacans from various sources, if I find the right plants I will make a bunch of seed and save cuttings so I can make an Oaxacan x Colombian hybrid later this year. I already crossed a male from my Colombian Gold line to a pure Thai, a highland lemony one, still not grown those seeds. Maybe I should, find the best male and dust it on the Oaxacan. I did cross a Purple Thai to the Oaxacan last year but the Purple Thai is not pure, it's a Thai x Afghan hybrid that leans heavily to the Thai side and has mostly purple plants.

I'm not that familiar with Haze, grown a few packs over the years, but what I am familiar with is various Thais, Mexicans and Colombians, sativas being my passion, so I'm pretty familiar with the various palettes found in these types. I think for every commercial seed I've grown, I must have grown 15 or 20 heirloom/landrace seeds, so little from the modern commercial genepool appeals to me, sad to say.

as of current offerings the haze A is only available in MH /NH /new AC hybrids .

id lov too taste whats in your jar LOL

its great to kno som of these strains of yesteryear survive and are being spread and preserved

the keralan X mex sounds like a great idea n will prob give som nice yielders

with all your experience with diff taste/aromas where would you say the frankincense trait is most commonly found ?

as ive said before it be a pleasure and benefit to the community if you could share som of your experiences in the MOST WANTED COLOMBIAN LANDRACES thread and id lov to hav you drop by my FRANKINCENSE TRAIT IN HAZE thread at mns

very interested in those colombian gold and reds cant wait to hear more after you pop emm ,id also lov too see a oaxacan X lumbo

imo the cg is where we can find the frankies trait but there is not much info as too any available colombian golds with this trait . from reasearch the CR is the narcotic knock down lumbo were the punto an cg are more clear and physedelic

best of luck n best wishes with those projects

1luvbigherb

G

Guest 64665

bigherb, yeah i know that. i didnt mean the any ref. to black at all, i ment to look at the black because that looks more like it, piff. the original pic i was referring too with the kush slango.

p.s. ive had properly flushed stuff that turned dark and tarry, an oily strain so im still up in the air on that one. i used to think it was the case, fertz/etc but still dunno why some do that and some don't

xoox

It may have some hindu kush in it, i dont know the genetic make up. What i can say is that it is def. not pure hindu kush. Ive smoked hindu kush and it does not taste or smell like the bud pictured. There is def. a haze influence. Maybe it is afghan haze, it looks similar to picks ive seen of the afghan haze.

indifferent

Veteran
Hit me with links bigherb and I'll pop in. Frankincense, well that to me, is Colombian Gold. Some Africans had something similar, but they are usually darker, more earthy.

Not sure what the Keralan(s) will be like, a friend is growing some he collected there plus some Andrah Pradesh landrace seeds and that RSC Keralan are going in my garden this year.

The Mexican I have that is minty is already a huge yielder, just she takes 14 weeks, and the Keralan won't shorten that time any, but I don't mind, it's the effect and taste I am after, I want a really minty mindblower, and besides, grown right I can often yield almost double what a 8-9 week indica yields with one of my 14-16 week cuttings.

My big problem is space to grow all the old seeds I have in my collection, in the past I had plenty of space, but these days I'm limited.

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
the story i heard of the piff was that it was some jamaican strain brought over from jamaica.grown in florida and georga and makes its way to NY.so called dominicans got the cut and sometimes
if they leave to crop to mature alittle pass its time you may find a few seeds if your lucky.few days ago i was looking closely at the NY piff bud and noticed it was 80% clear 20% amber trichs which indicates they cut down early for these reasons of not forcing that strain to produce seeds.it explains the mind blowing high of 80% clear trichs on such a strain

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
the catholic church smell in the piff i had found it in arjan's haze #3 and its a cross of Haze, Laos. the smell wasnt as strong as piff but its there.so which on carries the smell is it the Haze or the Laos? i also was trying to find out

indifferent

Veteran
That makes sense that the high comes from all those clear triches.

I doubt the Laos is the source of the frankincense, never heard of a Thai/Laos/Cambodian being like that, more likely the Haze they used was the source, although who knows with GHS?

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
That makes sense that the high comes from all those clear triches.

I doubt the Laos is the source of the frankincense, never heard of a Thai/Laos/Cambodian being like that, more likely the Haze they used was the source, although who knows with GHS?

was it neville's haze you think? i dont know but i heard cambodian's and laos have some fire sativas

indifferent

Veteran
Quite possible, thing is, the Arjan's Haze and Ultra Haze series has a somewhat shady background. When the #1 won the 2006 HTCC, people went mad cos it was clearly a put-up job, all the samples people smoked were garbage, so how did it win?

So the actual lineage of those strains is a mystery really, I am pretty sure they were from the period when GHS were buying in a lots of stuff from outside sources. Neville's Haze definitely haze many Colombian leaning incense-like plants, so it could be in there.

Laos and Cambodia do indeed have some excellent genes, largely because they haven't seen their genepools destroyed like Thailand did under Thaksin Shinawatra's regime and US sponsorship.

bigherb

Veteran
Hit me with links bigherb and I'll pop in. Frankincense, well that to me, is Colombian Gold. Some Africans had something similar, but they are usually darker, more earthy.

Not sure what the Keralan(s) will be like, a friend is growing some he collected there plus some Andrah Pradesh landrace seeds and that RSC Keralan are going in my garden this year.

The Mexican I have that is minty is already a huge yielder, just she takes 14 weeks, and the Keralan won't shorten that time any, but I don't mind, it's the effect and taste I am after, I want a really minty mindblower, and besides, grown right I can often yield almost double what a 8-9 week indica yields with one of my 14-16 week cuttings.

My big problem is space to grow all the old seeds I have in my collection, in the past I had plenty of space, but these days I'm limited.

Frankincense trait in haze - MNS Forums

Colombian Landraces Wanted - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

it would be most appreciated

its interesing you mention some africans ,in the most wanted colombian thread we discuss the introduction of african genes into colombia from the slaves aswell as reference the colombian black as afro colombian

the colombian gold is a very popular response ,i have no experience with CG but swear i see her in neville haze .also interesting note SAMS claims CG as one of the lumbos in ohaze if the CG'S were noted for this trait im sure SAMS experienced this but AGAIN doesnt speak of the incense trait

again thanks for sharing your experiences many people hav a miss conception of all sativas being poor yielders

sounds like a match made in gods garden
best of luck with mex X keralan aka MINTOAST lmao

if i only had your problems LOL

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran
the catholic church smell in the piff i had found it in arjan's haze #3 and its a cross of Haze, Laos. the smell wasnt as strong as piff but its there.so which on carries the smell is it the Haze or the Laos? i also was trying to find out

thanks its a interesting note i see som gh strains are reported to hav incense traits

IME nothin was close to our haze ive been very dissapointed with the hype

but the catalouges n BBB 3 report much S.E. asian in the lineages which hav intrigued me but i dont think i can believe the reported info,most of the description use sandlewood, incense . as ive tried in cs the arjans hazes an have to laugh.

another interesting note the church you also reported to hav frankincense smell i beieve you said funeral and the lineage claims a haze female ,which pure haze female does GH hold ?

ive been told by og's CAMBO RED had a frankincense trait n LAOS could also hav this trait .

soo the S.Easian n colombian lines may carry this trait

1luvbigherb

whodair

Veteran
nyc pizza

nyc pizza

picture.php

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
thanks its a interesting note i see som gh strains are reported to hav incense traits

IME nothin was close to our haze ive been very dissapointed with the hype

but the catalouges n BBB 3 report much S.E. asian in the lineages which hav intrigued me but i dont think i can believe the reported info,most of the description use sandlewood, incense . as ive tried in cs the arjans hazes an have to laugh.

another interesting note the church you also reported to hav frankincense smell i beieve you said funeral and the lineage claims a haze female ,which pure haze female does GH hold ?

ive been told by og's CAMBO RED had a frankincense trait n LAOS could also hav this trait .

soo the S.Easian n colombian lines may carry this trait

1luvbigherb

no i didnt say i smelled it from the church it was from arjan's haze #3 its haze with laos and now i'm growing alaskan ice and geting a somewhat of a incense and it smells like a funeral home realy creepy smell.they used haze x white widow for AI cross so the smell must come from that haze.arjan when he was starting he reports collecting many seeds from laos.i dont know but i would like to know what haze GHS has

bigherb

Veteran
no i didnt say i smelled it from the church it was from arjan's haze #3 its haze with laos and now i'm growing alaskan ice and geting a somewhat of a incense and it smells like a funeral home realy creepy smell.they used haze x white widow for AI cross so the smell must come from that haze.arjan when he was starting he reports collecting many seeds from laos.i dont know but i would like to know what haze GHS has

thanks for sharings your experiences
thanks for correcting me

it was the alaskan ice id recalled you mention funeral which i thought you migh be also referring to the frankincense trait

since you mention funeral home maybe it s more floral than i assumed but you also say incense type

i was intrigued becaz the cross is reported to use a pure haze

dont kno if i believe it but id lov too see it

1luvbigherb

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
thanks for sharings your experiences
thanks for correcting me

it was the alaskan ice id recalled you mention funeral which i thought you migh be also referring to the frankincense trait

since you mention funeral home maybe it s more floral than i assumed but you also say incense type

i was intrigued becaz the cross is reported to use a pure haze

dont kno if i believe it but id lov too see it

1luvbigherb

yes your right they say its a pure haze the smell i been geting is a mix of floral and frankincense.it started flowering at 4 weeks into 12/12 and is sooooooo sticky cant believe it because there's not alot of crystals yet and she's so sticky.i think she'll finnish around 16 weeks she over grew the room and so far doesnt need branch support very thick i guess they used something realy sativa for the breeding on AI

G

Guest 64665

Can't see any pics.

Define 'Haze taste' please as it doesn't tell us much about the taste!

i didnt see them when i first posted them. i exited icmag, went back on and i was able to see them. somethings fucked up with my pics

im not very good at describing smells, i just know it as haze. it smells almost soapy. you could say it smells like incense.

Latest posts

Latest posts