What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Doc thinks I may have a cannibis caused illness.

been there my friend! if its not low blood sugar, then its an anti-immune disorder that effects your body chemistry. this causes massive panic attacks that have all the reactions that you mention and marijuana will "mask" these making your body deliver more and more powerful attacks. instead of sweats which i do get at times; an ice cold sweat dripping from my head and downwards. the main problem i get is massive diarreah that dehydrates me and even water passes right through me. tylenol #3 or 4 slows it down and over a space of time; things return to normal. morphine also works. codiene or opiates, with tea or coffee slowly sipped to replace the loss of liquid in your system. panic attacks of a sort. a wish you luck; i was misdiagnosed for 10 years.

the cause of my disorder comes from an over production of seretonin produced in the brain stem and totally inoperative. so i take a seretonin inhibitor that balances the body chemistry one way but if it swings the other way then i still get attacks and take clorasapam or a tranquillizer to combat this. look into PTSD, that is common in war veterans.

plantxxx

i say ur a hypochondriac ftw

I say you're a dink, doesn't make it true. I'm sure if I knew you better I would be calling you a vagina instead. Sounds to me like there was some harsh and real symptoms here.

The dude is in denial. When confronted he bails out rather than face the inconvenient truth.

I don't think he bailed, he took alot on the chin and after more bonehead's coming by to heckle, he said anyone can pm him (bravo OTO), which requires a membership here, which it seems you already have... (maybe the skill testing question is too easy, letting the low IQ's in) so you should be able to pm him if you are interested in an up-to-date response on the details. Seems alot of folks are still caught up with the "stigma" of weed, aren't we past that? This is a growing site FFS, if you can't handle someone smoking more weed than you can, don't take it personal.

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
The tone of this is getting awful negative. Please do not feed the trolls. I know you guys mean well, but when people make nasty stupid comments, they're not likely to listen to reason. Fighting with them will keep drawing them here.

While I'm not convinced that cannabis causes these problems, I'm open to the possibility. People's bodies vary so much. Some people take one aspirin and they're dead, while others might take 30 and be just fine. Vaccines may prevent the disease for a lot of people, but some people get the disease they're trying to vaccinate against(or something similar). Why can't pot have a handful of bad experiences? I don't think cannabinoids should be able to hurt anyone, but who knows what rare freakish disorder any given person might have that makes their body react totally differently?

S

SeaMaiden

No thing is a panacea, magic, so I agree with you, on all counts. I'da sent that missive to you in rep form, but I can't hit you again yet, or so says the system.

Agaricus

For what it's worth, I believe that those who try to claim it's impossible for pot to have negative effects are (1) delusional (2) doing the legalization cause a disservice by disseminating false information, leaving our side open to attack and (3) doing those who DO encounter negative effects a disservice by name-calling, and possibly steering them away from the answer that brings relief.

Truth is our best weapon.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
CORRELATION DOES NOT IMPLY CAUSATION

Depending on the state you live in, the doctor should not find it odd that 3 people w/ same symptoms all smoke herb.

LOL I absolutely agree lol H-Pylori will give you the exact same symptoms lol did your highly educated Phy check you for this? lol.. I bet he didn't.. or a number of other problems that might be .. Sounds like you might want to stop smoking so much then by all means stop but don't let your Phy blame this particular illness on cannabis until you know for sure.. stay safe headband 707:tiphat:

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Well I give ya a quick update.... I had stopped smokin almost completely.... Just a j in th e am and maybe a toke or 2 off my girls j at night was doin fine.... For a few wks...my hen this last week I went back to Rollin my eighth fattys still smaller then norm and only 4 5 a day not 10plus aday like iwas well I'm fucked up again so back to not smokin..... Seems like it is what it is ....

G

guest 77721

Sounds like you're making some good progress!!!

The hard thing about quitting nicotine or caffeine for example is that the 1/2 life of the substance is 6 to 12 hours. It takes 3 days to get most of it out of your system and about 3 weeks for your body to adjust to operating without the substance.

The cannabanoids have half life of 2-6 hours. If you smoke once per day 1/16 of the amount always stays in your system. If you smoke morning and evening, it's 1/4.

Try cutting down to once per day and maybe you can make 3 days when your ready.

cvssufferer

Dont think I can PM yet, I just joined this forum to ask the OP how the abstaining went? It has been 5 months since the original post, plenty of time to test your docs theory. How have you been pal?

Cheers

cvssufferer

Sorry onelasttoke, I didnt get your pm. It said my inbox was full. I think I am only allowed 1 message as I am new and only on 2 posts.

I am empty now anyway so please can you re-send it if you get chance?

Cheers

cvssufferer

Just thought I would update this thread for informations sake lol I appreciate this will mean nothing to you if you dont suffer from cyclical vomiting or what the OP suffers from but it might come in useful to someone lol

The OP abstained for 3 months and has started using cannabis again, I think for about 6 weeks, with no symptoms. Albeit on a lower level but it obviously remains to be seen whether the symptoms will return.

On symptoms....I have gathered after speaking to a few posters who think they have suffered from cannabis hyperemesis that one of their main differing symptom between this and Cyclical Vomiting is the vomiting attacks getting progressively worse, and the length of time between each attack getting shorter. This isnt consistent with Cyclical Vomiting where the attacks are either random or just that, a cycle. The intensity of each attack differs aswell, sometimes we are sick for a day, other times a week, completely random or appears to be.

Also I will note on symptoms, that the OP aswell as other people who think they have Cannabis Hyperemesis were long term smokers for many years before they developed their symptoms. For the information of this thread, I have Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome which came on at the same time as I started using cannabis (give or take 6 months), but not chronically, maybe twice a week with friends (3.5g of really poor soapbar hash). I now smoke good quality bud in a vape, probably more than ever, and my attacks are alot less frequent than they ever have been. I would think if mine was cannabis toxicity I would be getting alot worse the more I smoke.

Due to the above things, the OP (and incidentally me) thinks I probably dont have CHS and suffer with CVS and it is just a co-incidence I smoke cannabis. This is the same as other people with Cyclical Vomiting who actually use cannabis to relieve their symptoms, but unfortunately (my real reason for posting on here and researching it) some doctors it would appear are linking both the illnesses after reading the poorly conducted studies online presenting similar symptoms, and as above, there does appear to be differences in the 2 illnesses!

I will end for now but what I would say is, if you think you have Cannabis Hyperemesis or your doctor tells you that is your problem...consider the above and if you are like me and use cannabis to relieve your symptoms just ask them the simple question - why do people who dont smoke cannabis have cyclical vomiting, presenting with the same symptoms? Ofcourse, if like the OP, your symptoms are getting worse and more frequent and abstaining cannabis works, please firstly post, I am really interested to hear from you, and secondly stop smoking lol ;) I know and are in contact with people who have abstained from cannabis, at their docs request, only for their symptoms to get worse. What works for one doesnt work for another which is what makes this even more confusing.

Personally I think the docs are clutching at straws but I arent here to debate the authenticity of the illness, more so learn from people who have started the threads who think they have it.

Some food for thought. Here is something written by a doctor who has studied Cyclical Vomiting for many years in which the recent studies relating to Cannabis Hyperemesis are mentioned (and all but debunked). Dont get me wrong, I arent dismissing the OP and what they suffered from....abstaining clearly did something positive for them....but it doesnt work for everyone like the CHS studies say!

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/933135-overview

Peace out and stay well everyone. Please this isnt an arguement and I dont expect to be trolled. I arent dismissing cannabis hyperemesis, just trying to learn and put some more information out there :thank you::ying:

thegambler

If it was me, I'd find the best internist I could and start over with a second opinion.......a regular Dr. is not the best answer to help you find out what's wrong.

Latest posts

Latest posts