What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orient Express Outdoors 2020

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad to hear it Kindest ;) The PH and EC digitial meter is a really a must if you are serious into get the best from your plants ... i can never insist enough to growers how important is to measure accurately these 2 variables.

Let me know the measurements of your ph and EC in your waterings, feedings and outgoing water in case you need more assistance from my side.

Kindest

These plants got bigger than I ever imagined they would. All five are healthy and flowering, and also growing out of the space I have them in. The tallest one has stretched to over 6’ tall. I have three distinct Orient Express variations here - one bushy, one very VB sativa, and the third is just super vigorous with thicker stems.

Since dialing in the mild ph issues I’ve been feeding less. Today I added some recharge to the feeding for an extra boost.

If I manage to carry all five of these to harvest I have no idea how I will ever trim them...

Bushy OE
picture.php

Sativa OE
picture.php

Branchy OE
picture.php

Early Flowering Pure Love #1
picture.php

Pure Love #2
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking very happy at this point Kindest, a big harvest is a good problem to have.
Hope that's the case when October comes! :)

Kindest

The worst update possible.

Apparently a bad pop-up storm rolled through in the middle of the night and wreaked havoc on my garden. All three Orient expresses were completely spread eagle as you can see here. Fortunately only the largest one actually split the stock but even it was intact and I’m going to try to salvage it with duct tape. A 20 foot pine tree actually came down about and missed the garden by about 3 feet so I’m lucky in that regard. But, it doesn’t look good and I’m pretty devastated.

I’m not a thoughts and prayers guy but I’ll definitely take any quick advice.

picture.php

picture.php

Kindest

The outdoor orient express grow is still going strong. We’ve had amazing growing weather in Michigan all summer and the next two weeks look perfect. I’ve had some major setbacks as you can see but we’re in the homestretch and unless there’s a tornado or theft we’re definitely going to have a lot of frosty nuggets for the holidays.

My two Pure Love plants are finishing faster than the Orient expresses but you can see that all five are starting to fade. Any thoughts or advice about harvest time or technique is always appreciated but not necessary.

The Bushy OE
picture.php

The VB pheno
picture.php

Pure Love
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
My Goddess Kindest! Glad the pine tree didn't fall over you or your house.

A pleasure to see the outdoor plants recovered so well from the havoc.
Damn! They look great :) Very high yielding as well grown Orient Express should be.

I think they will finish around 2nd/3rd week of October although if you can post closer pics of the buds i will be able to check it out more accurately.

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The outdoor gods smiled on your grow buddy. They look lovely. Congratulations on solving the Ph issues and getting the healthy to harvest.

Kindest

Some close bud shots. Some of these are the size of my hand. Definitely not ready yet, but fall is setting in....

picture.php

The Sativa pheno
picture.php

Kindest

Harvest Time

Harvest Time

Harvesting the Orient Express this weekend. The three plants all expressed very different characteristics and phenotypes. The shorter “Laura Bush” pheno went full purple over the past two weeks - gorgeous.

The “Vietnamese Black” sativa also went purple but it’s looking more haggard and yellow. It SURVIVED and it’s STICKY and that’s what counts.

Finally, the largest, branchiest plant made 25+ gigantic beaster nugs, each the size of a sweet potato but super leafy. The least promising in terms of potency, but who knows at this point.

I’m taking them down branch by branch... I’m estimating 60-75 quart jars from the three plants, if I harvest it all. Unbelievable.

I’ll be back with smoke reports, etc. Thanks everybody for the input and support, especially Dubi!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks to you for sharing with us the progress of your Orient Express Kindest :tiphat: and congrats on your harvest!

Love to see the colorful Vietnam Black traits in some of your OE plants in late flowering. Wish you enjoy a lot with your well deserved flowers!