What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Malawi Haze et al

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
They have all frosted up real nice and take an age to dry out properly
picture.php

here is her best angle
picture.php

couldn't be easier to get along with too
picture.php

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
And just for the et al bit, Dubi here is a photo or three of the tropic mix fems just starting to take shape, any hints on what i might have here?
picture.php

here
picture.php

or here?
picture.php

they are handling the same feed as the headbangers so they aren't shy, which is nice.
I have some Honduras on their way so I will see what the challenge is like for that sort of sativa soon enough, but got my training wheels on for now haha

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Well done Cakeboy, she is clearly benefiting from the extended flowering .... she will be perfectly ripe in one week.

The Tropical Mix fem contains very tamed and not so long flowering sativa hybrids vs the wilder longer flowering sativas that can be found in the regular Tropical Mix. Will try to identify the genetics you got in your Tropical Mix fem once they are more advanced into flowering. And thank you very much for supporting our work again, pure Honduras is really a nice pure sativa experience to have ;)

OZZ_

Veteran
Excellent work CB, those look fantastic and you got a nice set of differing phenos to try.

Great job :)

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Final Girl

Final Girl

Hey Folks

The last girl hit 14 weeks yesterday and down she comes. Although there are still a few white pistils there are other parts that are clearly done, so I am taking Dubi's advice and taking her.
Been easy to grow all three of these and like Ozz said a nice mix of phenos, this last one being the haze pheno, and she has fattened up a lot, she was quite heavy (relatively) when took her out for dispatch and out hang in the tree in the yard.
These all took the same food throughout and were not fussy plants at all. Cheers All.
picture.php

picture.php

and
picture.php

hopefully they make it to the cure haha

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Luckily I still three of these beans to try again.
picture.php

Knobly lass
picture.php

Anyway I will visit back here when I have sampled them all after a settling period where they can decarb or whatever the hell happens during curing....thanks for stopping by folks.

take care

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing more pics before chop time Cakeboy! Looks like she is going to be very potent, enjoy your well deserved harvest! :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Cakeboy :yummy: Curious to know your opinion about your Super Malawi Haze harvest after some curing.

OZZ_

Veteran
Hi Folks

Week 13 update. Only have the hazey one left and she is still pushing a few white pistils so I have let her go another week. Her smells are a kind a acrid muted fruity smell, pretty lo odour all three have been to be honest, which isn't a bad thing for my situation and makes a nice change from the headbanger f2s im running.
This girl is still eating and drinking, i think she will go anther week but maybe even two...take care all...
lower
View Image
stem bend to keep stretch down
View Image
whole girl
View Image

Excellent!! You nailed it my friend, what size pots are those??

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Hi Cakeboy :yummy: Curious to know your opinion about your Super Malawi Haze harvest after some curing.

Hi Dubi

At early cure, the twelve weeker almost had me shitcan my ICMAG account on two occasions , been a while since i had such heady pot.
Once settled down I found this stuff nice for long walks n getting stuff done around the house

The three phenos were similar in effect with the plants behaving as you might expect. more stoney influence on the earlier gal i noticed

The 12 weeker was the best but the fourteen weeker yielding the most at around three zips

One friend loved the fourteen weeker, he said. At first he thought it was too strong but then liked it needing only one bong each sesh

It’s a low odour strain. Clones easy. Grows easy. Handles nutes no problem. I enjoyed it and wish I still had some left...

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So glad you and your friends liked so much your Super Malawi harvest ;)
Those were some resinous and good looking sativas buds. Thanks a lot for sharing your experience :yes:

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Dubi

I have grown out three of the tropical mix fems and as you said all out ten weeks The first one has nice bubblegum terps with quite a balanced stoney effect I really like bubblegum terps. Are you able to narrow down what strain it may be I could get a photo of the buds too but just curious if the terps are a give away or not?
Cheers man. Hope you are good.