What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Roaring Twenties

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Nice grove pics in full sun. I’m realizing that many of the plants aren’t getting nearly as much direct sun as I’d like. Doesn’t seem to be as much an issue with the Purple Haze x Malawi.

picture.php

picture.php

Debating on whether to top her again and really Bush her out. Plenty of room. Very loud terpenes. Spice and animal...dare I say even skunky.

New Killer Malawi S1

picture.php

picture.php

Similar animal aromas. Not as loud and without so much spice.

(Edit). PHaze x Malawi. Not skunky. Very hash and spice and incense. Very loud for anything I’ve seen with OTH.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Couple shots from backyard garden #1

Zacatecas Tribute

picture.php

Oaxaca x Panama

picture.php

Zamaldelica auto

picture.php

Seriously pot and root bound OTH male close up

picture.php

When I picked the balls off, I got a nice yet mild spice. No citric. Just spicy.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
When I was in the grove last Thursday, I noticed one of the mid size branches on the F13 was nearly broken off. Likely one of the dogs hunting avocados. The top was completely mangled and shriveled. Bottom hanging by a small piece of outer bark. I severed the remaining tissue on the branch and threw it in a plastic bag. Came home a few hours later...chopped the top off and put the rest in my cloner. Here it is about 7 days later.

picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Ur Humbl Nr8tor,

The bigger plants are looking much better now their root system is well established in the ground :)
Since their lower parts are already quite bushy and these sativa genetics branch very well during growth, i would not top them and let them grow taller, at least a bit more, but of course it's up to you.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Yes, dubi. I agree. They should veg quite a bit taller through July and begin their flower in August. I’ll plan to get some stakes and prop them up around that time. It’s been almost 10 days since my last visit. I’m excited to see them. Hopefully tomorrow.

These were topped and then cloned a couple times and then allowed to get root bound. Not very nice on my part (hehe) but I hope they still like me. Some of the cuts that are quite a bit smaller will go into larger pots and just allow them to veg untopped to get another sense of how they grow. Thanks as always for the advice.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I got out to the grove late tonight. Took some pictures and will just show a couple. I’ll take more tomorrow in the morning. Big irrigation day on Tuesday. Longer than anticipated, so the plants are all full or a little over watered. I’m debating about giving them a very light feed of organic pellets since I’m only visiting every 7-10 days. Gave them a PM bath in organic oil. They are looking green and healthy right now.

Kind of extremes in growth. F13 is a very slow grower but has spread her fingers wide. Purple Haze x Malawi is very much showing F1 vigor. The Malawi S1 is right next to her and is doing well but no where nearly explosive in growth. I’ll get better shots tomorrow.

F13

picture.php

picture.php

Purple Haze x Malawi

picture.php

picture.php

Malawi S1

picture.php

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Well, all the girls are really settling into their surroundings in the citrus/avocado grove. I fed a light dusting of organic granules today. Very light feeding. I’m not trying to push these at all but will increase nutrient additions once they really start to flower in August.

Purple Haze x Malawi

picture.php

New Killer Malawi S1

picture.php

picture.php

Strawberry Diesel #2

picture.php

picture.php

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Nice color.

Thanks djav59. The F13 is a pretty plant. Rather unusual and I think that’s from the Purple Thai genes. I’m pretty excited about all of the grove plants. F13 probably gets the most sun. P Haze x Malawi second. Malawi S1 third and the old Rez genetics have to make do with what they get...

The male OTH I have definitely shows slight purpling on its male bits. It should be a nice cross with the F13.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
On a more depressing note, the auto Zam I’m growing looks like it’s got fusarium on the stem. Don’t think it’s going to make it. That means all 3 beans succumbed to same issues. My hopes of auto F13 x Zamaldelica have to be put on hold. I had hoped to get those seeds to Midwest growers family this winter for their spring outdoors next year. Maybe I’ll order a few more and try indoors this winter. The Oaxaca x Panama and Zacatecas in same soil and no issues. Nice and healthy growth and up potting to their forever homes this weekend.

djav59

Ya outdoors for small plants in this area for small plants was too rough June was wettest and coldest in years here 3 weeks solid rain.

Naturalgazda

Hi. I am glad that the plants thrive in the orange grove. Thrive. My favorite of your crew is Purple Haze / Malawi. Very nice.

Good luck. Your Naturalgazda.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Ya outdoors for small plants in this area for small plants was too rough June was wettest and coldest in years here 3 weeks solid rain.

I had a relatively normal June. We call it June gloom close to the coast. Very little precipitation. The grove is quite a bit inland...so more sunny days. Out there now, it’s all sunshine and very warm weather (30’s C/90F).

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Hi. I am glad that the plants thrive in the orange grove. Thrive. My favorite of your crew is Purple Haze / Malawi. Very nice.

Good luck. Your Naturalgazda.

Thanks NG. The Purple Haze x Malawi is the star of the show. I’m expecting her to be a very large girl with flowers starting in late August or early September. Not exactly sure how the Malawi will influence the start as her leaf tells me she is leaning towards the African side.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Quick pic updates. We’ve been running 35C or so past few days. Give the girls a good watering in the morning. Next time I come up to do a PM spray, I’ll be adding silica to help them deal with the heat.

Purple Haze x Malawi

picture.php

picture.php

These leaves are blowing me away. And the spicy animal aromas.