What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Model farm for legal California cannabis industry Busted

starke

Yep. It's the greedy gut commercial ops and their paid for politicos that are fucking everyone in the long run.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
By summer of last year, growers in Santa Barbara County had obtained more state licenses than places like Humboldt and Mendocino. Humboldt now slightly edges out Santa Barbara, which after a backlash put a cap on the total number of acres that could be cultivated with pot countywide.
I don't really know enough to say anything besides, holy fuck, that area must grow a ton of weed.

MedFaced

By summer of last year, growers in Santa Barbara County had obtained more state licenses than places like Humboldt and Mendocino. Humboldt now slightly edges out Santa Barbara, which after a backlash put a cap on the total number of acres that could be cultivated with pot countywide.
I don't really know enough to say anything besides, holy fuck, that area must grow a ton of weed.

That stretch of CA once you get about an hour north of LA is amazing. You leave all the city bs and its mostly open land, small towns, farms, the coast, and eventually the famous mountains. Wonderful area.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Driving north on 101, after you pass Santa Barbara, is beautiful. I camped once on that state park and want to do it again. Gorgeous sunsets. A little further up, just before Lompoc, is where they found a big Mexican gorilla grow several years back. I was there in Lompoc and watched them collect it all at the local airport.

Nice area. They launch rocket off from Vandenberg every now and then.

HHILL

Not surprising to me. I have a buddy that extracts (butane and CO2) for a big outfit and he mentioned that they were looking to move 15 units of shatter a week out the back door...

Typical greed

Del_9_THC

The question I have is, who tipped off the sherriff?

Since, it was a legal grow business, it's not like they could show up saying "We think they are growing dope, so we busted them".....they were the model for the program.....and were touted for it, so it seems really suspicious.

I think some Prohibitionist propagandist politicians (possibly at federal level) were behind this one!

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
no, i bet it was a disgruntled employee...... or recently fired one.

Yeah,,,,someone very close,,,,,Leo came for the oil,,
Knew it was there so somebody’s dime dropped or they been set up ,S2

sshz

California, leading the way............it's truly the only way to get the return investors expect for their money.

Del_9_THC

no, i bet it was a disgruntled employee...... or recently fired one.

That makes sense. The undercover buyer idea only works if the cops (operating under the prohibitionists narrative) want to take the place down (and the bonus propaganda point they get by implying all cannabis users are crooks, thereby trying to rollback legalization) and already had reason to go in.

The idea is like the classic cop trick, where they have insufficient evidence to obtain a warrant, so they manufacture evidence, to create a back story, and then continue doing what they want. (I.e. They take their truncheon and break a window, and then say "we don't need a warrant, because this broken window here is evidence of a crime being committed, therefore we can enter the building to try to stop this ongoing crime")

In a legal jurisdiction, in a licensed production facility, the idea that cops could investigate a company (or person) for doing what they are legally professing to be doing is ludicrous, so making a prima facie case to judge to get a warrant on that basis would get shutdown, by an honest judge.....On the other hand, the Feds (where in the USA cannabis is still illegal under federal law), could get that warrant, but then it would have to use a federal force, like the FBI to do,the investigation/raid, and not the county sheriff.....and the Feds have recently been jailing people in so-called legal states.....so who knows?

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
That makes sense. The undercover buyer idea only works if the cops (operating under the prohibitionists narrative) want to take the place down (and the bonus propaganda point they get by implying all cannabis users are crooks, thereby trying to rollback legalization) and already had reason to go in.

The idea is like the classic cop trick, where they have insufficient evidence to obtain a warrant, so they manufacture evidence, to create a back story, and then continue doing what they want. (I.e. They take their truncheon and break a window, and then say "we don't need a warrant, because this broken window here is evidence of a crime being committed, therefore we can enter the building to try to stop this ongoing crime")

In a legal jurisdiction, in a licensed production facility, the idea that cops could investigate a company (or person) for doing what they are legally professing to be doing is ludicrous, so making a prima facie case to judge to get a warrant on that basis would get shutdown, by an honest judge.....On the other hand, the Feds (where in the USA cannabis is still illegal under federal law), could get that warrant, but then it would have to use a federal force, like the FBI to do,the investigation/raid, and not the county sheriff.....and the Feds have recently been jailing people in so-called legal states.....so who knows?
If they are state legal it wouldnt surprise me if they had to sigh some license/permit(??) that states: the state can at their discretion inspect 'their' facility... but I agree with the argument about an anti-cannibis leo component. Politics suck.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
How much good could be done with 800 pt jars of oil?

IMO plenty of good. Yeah, somebody snitched.

Last edited:

mexweed

Veteran
extraction chemistry really isn't all that crazy and few places are actually operating at the upper echelons of the craft, a lot of places are still pretty stone age as far as the products they churn out

lots of cops especially higher up ones that would be involved in an undercover investigative operation are definitely bachelor degree from a 4 year university educated, the chemistry knowledge would not be that difficult for them to pick up especially if they have some dea chemist briefing them on it, and I doubt you have to be able to balance equations to blast for a company

there are more than likely officers that cycle through every aspect of the legal industry by taking advantage of the high turnover, it's not all college kids that move back home after a couple years

I mean yeah it could be a disgruntled employee, or someone on the black market that got busted and was aware of the connection, but they would still have to investigate for a while before they sink the ship

therevverend

Veteran
Yeah, somebody snitched.

No, times have changed, you guys are still thinking about this in the old ways. I'm guessing they did what they did fairly openly, everybody does now. In Cali now it's all political, who's on your side, who's against you, who you paid off, who the other side payed off. The state, the county, the sheriff, the county board, the health department, the zoning committee, it's a long list. They made a mistake, snubbed the wrong person, the county elected a 'tough' commissioner or sheriff, something changed. They didn't go from a model business to outlaw law breakers overnight. Which is what they did..

I know a place in California, 60 miles from the nearest Walmart, it's managed by a home owner's association. It's also a place where everybody has grown cannabis for a long time. A lot of older settled down people, neighbors who look out for one another, and the rest. Recently some rich people moved in from the city, didn't like all the pot growing. Pushed the association's council to crack down on all the cannabis growing. So they announced there'd be no more pot growing.

Only the council all grew pot, and expected to continue growing while expecting everyone else to stop, to appease the rich people and the County people they were bitching to.

California is crazy, in some ways I wish I lived there so I could grow and breed how I'd like to. In some ways it's still wide open, my state has regulated everyone to death. Killed it all. On the other hand, it's ridiculously expensive and laws change by the minute. I like the quiet life, I may be broke but I eat well.

Latest posts

Latest posts