What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze - Koon's winter haze journey

Koondense

Veteran
The Killer A5 Haze is going to produce really nice colas friend ;)

Your Line 1 hybrid seems to be showing plenty of Panama flowering traits so far.

I like them fat :) Not girls, colas :D
Yeah, Line 1's smell is reminding me Panama a lot. The fresh lemony aromas are over everything else, in these latest days I noticed some development towards forest and piney smells, with addition of some spicy herb. Might be a cool blend of terpenes in these buds.

Cheers

chiesesganja

is it too many n? for the a5killer?
my a5killer nl pheno always Large amounts of phosphorus-deficient leaves appear。。。。。

Koondense

Veteran
is it too many n? for the a5killer?
my a5killer nl pheno always Large amounts of phosphorus-deficient leaves appear。。。。。

So far it seems she suffered slight N overfert in the early stages, the clawed leaves showed there was something with the strong mix. But she got really well later and I'm still feeding her a balanced mix of nutes, with a bit more P than other elements.
My pheno is more haze/malawi it seems, I'm sincerely just following every single plant's development and not thinking much about parents or pheno expressions. Every plant gets a slightly different nutrient mix, based mostly on "gut" feeling :)

A quick update...

A5M close-ups

picture.php

picture.php

Line 1 has a fungus gnat infestation, the leaf tips showed blackening a couple weeks ago, no gnats were seen but now they started to go berserk. Thankfully I still got some of that agro yellow glue strips and still remember how to place them for best efficency against the little annoying flies.

Line 1

picture.php

She's close to finishing so the gnats are not a huge problem now but I'll try to get rid of them asap. A5M will still need some time to finish and I don't want the flies to lay eggs, I prefer them glued on the strips.

Cheers

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
What’s your sticky strip placement strategy? I deal with them indoors. Not too bad, but the best gnats are no gnats.

Koondense

Veteran
I cut the yellow sticky boards in strips of 3x10 cm and put them sideways in the pot corners, also below the pot touching the side holes. Basically the idea is to put a sticky trap where the gnats move the most.
Had a terrible infestation in my first grow and somehow managed to get away with just this trick.
Best pest is a dead pest, indeed :)

Cheers

chiesesganja

So far it seems she suffered slight N overfert in the early stages, the clawed leaves showed there was something with the strong mix. But she got really well later and I'm still feeding her a balanced mix of nutes, with a bit more P than other elements.
My pheno is more haze/malawi it seems, I'm sincerely just following every single plant's development and not thinking much about parents or pheno expressions. Every plant gets a slightly different nutrient mix, based mostly on "gut" feeling :)

A quick update...

A5M close-ups

View Image

View Image

Line 1 has a fungus gnat infestation, the leaf tips showed blackening a couple weeks ago, no gnats were seen but now they started to go berserk. Thankfully I still got some of that agro yellow glue strips and still remember how to place them for best efficency against the little annoying flies.

Line 1

View Image

She's close to finishing so the gnats are not a huge problem now but I'll try to get rid of them asap. A5M will still need some time to finish and I don't want the flies to lay eggs, I prefer them glued on the strips.

Cheers

yes i feel they dont eat too much n....but they want more p~~~~

T

TheForgotten

I like them fat :) Not girls, colas :D
Yeah, Line 1's smell is reminding me Panama a lot. The fresh lemony aromas are over everything else, in these latest days I noticed some development towards forest and piney smells, with addition of some spicy herb. Might be a cool blend of terpenes in these buds.

Cheers
Did you just call my sister fat? :biggrin:

Seriously though, you're growing great :tiphat:
i don't know how i missed this strain, i'mma hafta get in line when they restock this one....

CodyPomeray

inch or 2 of perilite on the pot helps out for fungus gnats when biologicals are not a solution. Normally i use spinosad root drench if i am not worried about my soils micro life, if i am running a full organic crop i worry about the micros in, i just do inch or 2 of perilite. They cant get through the shit and after a week or two they die down substantially as they are unable to keep laying eggs. Great run man, hope to get something half as good from mine!

Koondense

Veteran
Extra perlite on top is a good idea, never tried it but maybe will next time if the gnats come earlier. Right now i think it would be bad to apply perlite with plants in second half of flowering(dust from perlite).

Just another note, my next round of seeds popped, among them there are Bubba Hash, Oaxaca x Kali China and Zacateca tribute. Why not ;)

Cheers

CodyPomeray

Throw the perilite in a bucket outside and wet the fuck outta it first. Always was a solid approach for me because them fuckers cant crawl through it. Some folks recommend sand, but then you got a fuck ton of sand you need to deal with in your containers.

Love your grow brotha, you kill it.

I had a nasty fungus gnat infection 3 months ago on all my initial seeds, that perilite got me outta it.

Cheers.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Throw the perilite in a bucket outside and wet the fuck outta it first. Always was a solid approach for me because them fuckers cant crawl through it. Some folks recommend sand, but then you got a fuck ton of sand you need to deal with in your containers.

Love your grow brotha, you kill it.

I had a nasty fungus gnat infection 3 months ago on all my initial seeds, that perilite got me outta it.

Cheers.

Good advice, CodyPomeray. I don’t worry much outdoors, but I’ll consider this for any indoor flowering.

CodyPomeray

Its funny when you see them land on the perilite, crawl under 1 rock of it find another, get discouraged crawl up then try again. They cant get through the shit and it really limits their breeding potential. Folks recommend diatomacious earth but its a waste once the stuff gets wet, dont use it.

Mosquito Dunks, the silly product from walmart contains BTI in it which will really hurt them too, not sure if it will have any effect in late stage flower, that might be worth running a test on tbh, may consider that.

Amazon has a company, Natures Good Guys, which sells a few different products. I get 2 types from them to cover me on all my soil predators. Seemingly a good company and have seen results so I still support them.

Ive heard red wiggler worms can disrupt their egg laying also, if you got them on hand but dont wanna spend money on biologicals, not sure the validity of that though.

YukonKronic

Loving the grow Koon! Try zeolite pumice or lava rock if you dislike perlite... I found that once I got lots of soil mites the centipedes came and the FG stay at very minimal levels with that... just my own observations... I also have red wigglers so I’m interested in Cody’s point regarding them... would love to see a study or something on that..

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Its funny when you see them land on the perilite, crawl under 1 rock of it find another, get discouraged crawl up then try again. They cant get through the shit and it really limits their breeding potential. Folks recommend diatomacious earth but its a waste once the stuff gets wet, dont use it.

Mosquito Dunks, the silly product from walmart contains BTI in it which will really hurt them too, not sure if it will have any effect in late stage flower, that might be worth running a test on tbh, may consider that.

Amazon has a company, Natures Good Guys, which sells a few different products. I get 2 types from them to cover me on all my soil predators. Seemingly a good company and have seen results so I still support them.

Ive heard red wiggler worms can disrupt their egg laying also, if you got them on hand but dont wanna spend money on biologicals, not sure the validity of that though.

Seems Natures Good Guys have a lot of different products. What do you like specifically?

CodyPomeray

50 Million Live Beneficial Nematodes SF-Steinernema feltiae

50 Million Live Beneficial Nematodes Blend- Hb & Sc - Kills Over 200 Different Species of Soil Dwelling and Wood Boring Insects.

They sell a HB, SC and SF blend, but i personally like to go heavy on the SF, then do the HB and SC mix. Not sure if it matters at all, I always just have noticed better results with SF, but wanted to not have only 1 thing going on, so I get both.

50 mil is alot, can get away with less and their cheaper packs, i just always go heavy and can refrigerate it as needed so.

Koondense

Veteran
Lots of good infos, thanks guys ;)

Meanwhile an update on Line 1.
She's almost ready, fresh bud growth stopped during the last week, now it's just some more white pistils and the rest is fading, the buds are also getting some nice colors.

Line 1
picture.php

picture.php

Buds are chunky, heavy and dense, a great blend of all parents with mostly Panama terpenes, lovely combo.

A lot of gnats are dead but there are still some flying around, I think the yellow traps work well enough so I won't need more interventions until the end of Killer A5 flowering.

Next update, Killer A5 Haze(A5M).

Cheers