What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How I temper my chocolate.

starke

Last chocolate recipe I tried sucked so I've been making gummy candies instead. Your recipe and technique looks excellent. Can't wait to try it. Thanks for the tutorial.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Are you using regular chocolate candy bars? I was always told you can only temper chocolate one time. Since store bought candy bars are already tempered, melting them down and trying to re-temper will fail. Obviously, I misread or the info was incorrect.

I always use cocoa powder when I made chocolates. I stopped making chocolate and switched to caramels. I make them for friends and they seem to like the "less mess" of the caramels vs the chocolate. I have not done a batch of chocolates in a while. Here's the last...

Attachments

• chocolatecandy.jpg
    chocolatecandy.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 35

Bobby Boucher

Yes, I use store bought Hersheys.

Based off a quick google search, there is no issue re-tempering store bought chocolate bars.

Nice chocolates!

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Yeah, I just did a quick search also and came up empty. Funny, I have been using raw cocoa powder for years since I read that. LMAO Just goes to show how a piece of misinformation can get in your head and stay there for life.

Thanks for breaking that one free. LOL

Bobby Boucher

Totally.

If you are just looking for an easy way to make a ton of doses, compound chocolate is the way to go, as it does not require tempering.

But.. milk chocolate is its own thing, and the flavor that bho adds to it is really something to behold.

Tempering chocolate is definitely a labor of love, but there’s nothing like the taste and feel of real milk chocolate.

Latest posts

Latest posts