What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Uploading and attaching photos?

dufous

Your photo viewing app is not saving the rotation. Open the image in a photo editing app, rotate the image, and then save it. The saved image will upload with the correct rotation.

Why are my pictures uploading sideways? Vertical images appear horizontal? thanks

wP8g5dZ

A test to figure out how to load imgur hosted Photos in a post

Last edited by a moderator:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Imgur doesn't seem to have an embed code, so they want users to come to their site to be able to see the pic in the link. Why not just upload here to the albums?

indagroove

Veteran
Imgur doesn't seem to have an embed code, so they want users to come to their site to be able to see the pic in the link. Why not just upload here to the albums?

Below is a pic embedded here from imgur (right click on any imgur pic, and choose "open image in new tab", then navigate to that new tap, copy the image url, embed it here, profit.

x3ody5M.jpeg

Not getting it yet, tried the embed link (globe and chain) and picture icon but neither worked for me will retry from computer instead of phone

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
What is the file size limit? I'm told 1024x1024 117kb max. I have had pics refused that went over. Recently I have had bigger accepted though (I was trying after a compliant pics were crap).

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
There is no limit for embeded files, as they are not hosted on the forums. If you have a link that ends in jpg you can post it here, if you can't get one from imgur you can't.
Indagrove, sure you aren't paying for your imgur or something? I really tried getting a jpg link and I don't seem to find it in the free version.

indagroove

Veteran
There is no limit for embeded files, as they are not hosted on the forums. If you have a link that ends in jpg you can post it here, if you can't get one from imgur you can't.
Indagrove, sure you aren't paying for your imgur or something? I really tried getting a jpg link and I don't seem to find it in the free version.

I don't even have an imgur account. I just found an image that happened to be hosted on imgur, then right-clicked on the image to "open image in new tab", which creates a .jpeg link in the browser tab.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pics aren't loading- remains at 1%

Pics aren't loading- remains at 1%

Was trying to upload thumbnails for MARS Hydro T grow thread. It stays at 1% upload, minutes on end. Logged out, back in, still pics at 1%.

Any resolution would be appreciated. Thanks!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Still cannot UPLOAD photos for MARS Hydro.

Any suggestions?? Everything looks good on selecting photos. Mine are jpg.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Clean Up on Aisle 4!! Wearing masks thread duplicate posts

Clean Up on Aisle 4!! Wearing masks thread duplicate posts

Can someone erase Page 350, posts #3492....there are three repetitive posts??
Thanks! See that duplicate posts are happening.

Upload Error- Can’t add photos

Upload Error- Can’t add photos

How do I get past/correct the below upload error, as I can’t add photos?

Upload Errors
02767DF8-F452-4AB6-A228-C0D14550E901.jpeg:
Exceeds your quota by 153.0 KB. Click here to view your attachments

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Your pic is too big or you have uploaded too many already. Put them in your forum albums, there is more space there. Then you will get links to post them on the forum from the albums.

horse mouth

hi everybody,
i apologize if this is not the right place where post this.
i was trying to add pictures to a post, but now there is no more the code string under the picture in my album. so should i find out the image url and copy it between tags? this will make the posting times much longer.

i just noticed that if you try open a picture that is not on the first page of the album the system will show you the picture of the first page in that position and not the clicked one. so there's no way to find out the image url

Fitzera

I'm not too sure yet. I'm also having issues. I'm not sure if the storage limit has changed or if I was right at that point before the update, but I can't upload anymore photos to my album or directly to my thread, saying I'm exceeding my limit.

For me, the message I'm getting is:
"Upload failed. You have exceeded your usergroup's upload quota of 47.68mb by 47.38mb"