What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras x Panama

ColaCalyx

That's right, all outdoor. Here's some pics where the noonday sun isnt shining on them

Attachments

• 20191031_172900.jpg
    20191031_172900.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 20191031_173301.jpg
    20191031_173301.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 20191031_173235.jpg
    20191031_173235.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 20191031_173325.jpg
    20191031_173325.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 100

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I took this sweet girl down a few days ago. I had already harvested a couple of lower branches a few weeks ago and they are curing now...

She grew some huge colas that smelled like cedar, incense and some sort of warm earthy aged wood. The aromas in those last weeks really varied, in addition to those, at different times she also gave me hints of sweet carrot, geranium, mint, diesel, old leather and even parsley. She was a hairy old thing, god bless her, with many beautiful red hairs sprouting everywhere. She was a wild woman, just the way I like 'em.

This one had some moderate foxtailing. The branching was very strong, nice stout structure throughout, and I never had to tie her up. Much as I hated to cut her down, she was showing some amber trichs and the plant was simply starting to look done. Plus I needed the space. So she was still throwing a few white hairs here and there but by and large she was finished. I have a cutting from her that I just threw into flower so there will be more coming and the next one I have hopefully trained so I can get even better growth and shape. I took cuttings from that so will keep this beauty going as long as I can.

The high is fantastic. Even though this plant differs a bit from the last one, the flavor is still pretty much the same honeysuckle sweet sativa, although this current one has a more sandalwood flavor. It is so tasty that you want to just keep taking another hit because you can't believe how freaking good that tasted!

Now, rather than joints, I favor a large one hitter bowl that really gives about two hits. So I like to take a small fresh toke, maybe on half at a time, and then dump it regardless of how much is consumed, and then load up again fresh with another bowl or maybe of something else. In this way I will often smoke throughout the day, just a toke here and there of whatever is on hand.

This summer it was Honduras x Panama as my #1 favorite. Lately I've also been sampling Ethiopia x Malawi quite often and that high compares well with the HxP even though they are very different plants. Soaring, warm, happy, physically pleasant. Definitely no ceiling on either one of these varieties. They are both excellent for playing guitar, working on repetitive menial tasks, playing in the garden and cooking. The HxP is a more tameable plant though in my experience so anyone thinking of picking up seeds might take that into consideration. Also the yield is far higher on the Honduras I think as the ExM has small dainty buds, at least in my current example.

And this is how I feel after smoking it. :D

Tangwena

Veteran
Yes Ace really got it right on those two. If I could its all I would grow ha ha.
I dont smoke but when my friend lit up a joint of the Pan X Hon I couldn't believe the smell of the smoke so sweet and floral.
These Purple Honduras x Panama are even fruitier and sweeter together with the dainty sweet flowers of the Malawi x Ethiopian I dont feel I need to look for anymore strains.
Growing them is a pleasure and the highs are just what I like as well up up up and away ha ha.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I agree man, these two are just amazing.

I have a Zamaldelica going that has a few weeks left probably and that will be fun to compare to these. But I would say for now these are my favorite Sativa's ever.

These are the kind of plants that you could never experience unless you grow them yourself, because nothing like these are available anywhere. I'm in a legal state but nothing from a dispensary could compare from what I can see. And all the guy down the street wants to sell you is indica.

Tangwena

Veteran
Purple Honduras x Panama fem cobbed

Purple Honduras x Panama fem cobbed

This is an 11 month aged cob of Purple Honduras x Panama and its sweet like fermented fruit or real fresh fruity hashish.
Its still a little moist but burns slow like a cigar and tastes sweet like a fruit liquorice and chewed is the same.
Its the most aromatic sweet floral smoke everyone who has tried it just wants more they cant get enough.
The high is almost a secondary consideration ha ha Luckily its just as beautiful as the smell ha ha.

I am keeping the cobs I made for my personal stash its like fine port wine.

picture.php
picture.php

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Shared some buds with my son this weekend and he was quite impressed with it. I will try to press him for a smoke report once he samples further. My dad will get some for Christmas too. :)

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
For some reason this little girl stayed short and bushy with almost no stretch when I switched her to flower. This is a clone from a plant that was a stretchy monster, so I'm not sure why this is staying so small. And, she's in recycled organic soil with some amendments added, but she started yellowing out on me kind of early. I have boosted her several times with Bio-Bizz Fish Mix as well as top dressed with kelp and castings, but I guess those are all very mild and slow. It's not held back the flowers which have the exact same incense and woody aromas. Very strong smells on these H x P and they smoke super sweet. I love the clear high and it was my top favorite this year, along with Ethiopian x Malawi this fall which is equally as good.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Yeah but my wife hates it. Go figure, haha...

Merry Christmas to you and yours too Tang. :)

farm3r

I took this sweet girl down a few days ago. I had already harvested a couple of lower branches a few weeks ago and they are curing now...

She grew some huge colas that smelled like cedar, incense and some sort of warm earthy aged wood. The aromas in those last weeks really varied, in addition to those, at different times she also gave me hints of sweet carrot, geranium, mint, diesel, old leather and even parsley. She was a hairy old thing, god bless her, with many beautiful red hairs sprouting everywhere. She was a wild woman, just the way I like 'em.

This one had some moderate foxtailing. The branching was very strong, nice stout structure throughout, and I never had to tie her up. Much as I hated to cut her down, she was showing some amber trichs and the plant was simply starting to look done. Plus I needed the space. So she was still throwing a few white hairs here and there but by and large she was finished. I have a cutting from her that I just threw into flower so there will be more coming and the next one I have hopefully trained so I can get even better growth and shape. I took cuttings from that so will keep this beauty going as long as I can.

The high is fantastic. Even though this plant differs a bit from the last one, the flavor is still pretty much the same honeysuckle sweet sativa, although this current one has a more sandalwood flavor. It is so tasty that you want to just keep taking another hit because you can't believe how freaking good that tasted!

Now, rather than joints, I favor a large one hitter bowl that really gives about two hits. So I like to take a small fresh toke, maybe on half at a time, and then dump it regardless of how much is consumed, and then load up again fresh with another bowl or maybe of something else. In this way I will often smoke throughout the day, just a toke here and there of whatever is on hand.

This summer it was Honduras x Panama as my #1 favorite. Lately I've also been sampling Ethiopia x Malawi quite often and that high compares well with the HxP even though they are very different plants. Soaring, warm, happy, physically pleasant. Definitely no ceiling on either one of these varieties. They are both excellent for playing guitar, working on repetitive menial tasks, playing in the garden and cooking. The HxP is a more tameable plant though in my experience so anyone thinking of picking up seeds might take that into consideration. Also the yield is far higher on the Honduras I think as the ExM has small dainty buds, at least in my current example.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81563&pictureid=1989470View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81563&pictureid=1989469View Image

And this is how I feel after smoking it. :D

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81563&pictureid=1989471View Image

You and @[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tangwena convinced to grab Honduras x Panama as I search for smokes similar oldschool central America from the 70s.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Now, are you guys growing from the regular or fem versions? I don't plan to breed so fem would work for me. But I am curious to know whether the final product you are getting is from the reg or fem.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Happy 2020!
[/FONT]

farm3r

For some reason this little girl stayed short and bushy with almost no stretch when I switched her to flower. This is a clone from a plant that was a stretchy monster, so I'm not sure why this is staying so small. And, she's in recycled organic soil with some amendments added, but she started yellowing out on me kind of early. I have boosted her several times with Bio-Bizz Fish Mix as well as top dressed with kelp and castings, but I guess those are all very mild and slow. It's not held back the flowers which have the exact same incense and woody aromas. Very strong smells on these H x P and they smoke super sweet. I love the clear high and it was my top favorite this year, along with Ethiopian x Malawi this fall which is equally as good.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81934&pictureid=1997265View Image

I don't know if you are aware, but with equatorial or extreme sativas, plants grown from clones will not stretch as much as from seeds.

Tangwena

Veteran
You and @[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tangwena convinced to grab Honduras x Panama as I search for smokes similar oldschool central America from the 70s.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Now, are you guys growing from the regular or fem versions? I don't plan to breed so fem would work for me. But I am curious to know whether the final product you are getting is from the reg or fem.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Happy 2020!
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
Hi man you are in for a treat I have only grown a few of each the fem and the standard both are amazing in my opinion.
I got a very hazey pheno in the two fems I grew the other was a Panama type structure.
The hazey pheno is a very special and my favorite high but every pheno has its own special effects you literally cant go wrong with any of them IMO.

farm3r

Hi man you are in for a treat I have only grown a few of each the fem and the standard both are amazing in my opinion.
I got a very hazey pheno in the two fems I grew the other was a Panama type structure.
The hazey pheno is a very special and my favorite high but every pheno has its own special effects you literally cant go wrong with any of them IMO.

Thank you. I really appreciate the feedbacks.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Both ones I grew were fems and seemed very similar. Fantastic plant and you will love it!

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I like the H x P or the Panama x Malawi better than straight Panama. However, any of those are fantastic and you will love them. Panama x Bangi Haze is another amazing plant. I have limited space and plant counts to worry about so always grow fems.

Tangwena

Veteran
Have you or @Tangwena or anyone else grown Panama? If so, does it matter which version, fem or reg, to get is better?
I have grown Panama fem version but I have some reg seeds that I would like to try.
Cob cured its a stand out high chewed I haven't smoked it its one of my all time favorite plants to get high on very strong and great taste.
There are 6 plants I love 5 from Ace I dont feel the need to grow anything else I have stopped looking for killer weed because I have found it IMO.
You wont be disappointed I love Panama and Panama x Honduras I am sure most things crossed to her are good as well.
My top 5 from Ace in no particular order are:
Golden Tiger, Zamaldelica, Panama, Panama x Honduras and Malawi x Ethiopia all have killer phenos.