What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Gummy Trials: The Last Gummy Recipe

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Very cool. This is something I'd be very interested in making as I don't smoke anymore. Do you put some sort of cannabis extract in them?

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Thanks for sharing! I will be following this for sure. I made a batch of gummies not long ago....was a basic recipe and they had a kinda strong taste but the effect was there, I figure about 90mg/gummy.
Now to add flavor and make them last without keeping them in the freezer would be great 👍

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Thanks for sharing! I will be following this for sure. I made a batch of gummies not long ago....was a basic recipe and they had a kinda strong taste but the effect was there, I figure about 90mg/gummy.
Now to add flavor and make them last without keeping them in the freezer would be great ��

We shall see :tiphat:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ah I was watching this on IG and totally forgot you were you.

Appreciate all the work you're doing. Very few edible companies do more than remelt gummies and add oil.

How are you filling the molds?

FJ2000

I just made my first batch of “cheeba chews”, get you baked but taste lousy. Can’t wait for your update on taste and any tweaks to your original recipe.
Gonna pick up some of those flavors and preservatives, follow you lead.
Thanks for the info
FJ

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
I just made my first batch of “cheeba chews”, get you baked but taste lousy. Can’t wait for your update on taste and any tweaks to your original recipe.
Gonna pick up some of those flavors and preservatives, follow you lead.
Thanks for the info
FJ
:tiphat:

FJ2000

Getting closer to the potency/flavor trials, just need to try this last recipe tomorrow an figure out between the 3 the adjustments to be made. How are you dosing them, and with what material are you using? Maybe I can give some insight in your process :tiphat:

Thanks, I’m using high quality trim and popcorn buds from my homegrow at a rate of 1 cup coconut oil to 1oz herb.
I decarb in the oven for 35 mins at 240.
After that, into the coconut oil 3 hours at 220-260(crockpot was not very stable).
I added water at the end and cooled in the fridge. Maybe wash the oil more?
I used 1 large 6oz jello, 1oz of plain gelatin 1/2cup oil 1/2 cup water and a 1/2 teaspoon of granulated soy lecithin. Boiled that mix for 5 mins and used one of those chocolate squeeze bottles to put into molds. They hold nice, no problems with wetness. I get ripped off the bears but they stink and taste like bud.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Thanks, I’m using high quality trim and popcorn buds from my homegrow at a rate of 1 cup coconut oil to 1oz herb.
I decarb in the oven for 35 mins at 240.
After that, into the coconut oil 3 hours at 220-260(crockpot was not very stable).
I added water at the end and cooled in the fridge. Maybe wash the oil more?
I used 1 large 6oz jello, 1oz of plain gelatin 1/2cup oil 1/2 cup water and a 1/2 teaspoon of granulated soy lecithin. Boiled that mix for 5 mins and used one of those chocolate squeeze bottles to put into molds. They hold nice, no problems with wetness. I get ripped off the bears but they stink and taste like bud.

Probably wanna do like 2-3 more water washes to get out more chlorophyll that is giving yoh the green taste.

LostTribe

Premium user
Most have tried, some have succeeded to a degree with issues ranging from shelf life, texture, moisture content and flavor of their gummies. I've tried on numerous occasions where they turned out either gritty or runny where they didn't set, and my closest was the "if you keep them in the fridge they're cool" run...….that's where I gave up the last time on Oahu when I tried.

I've read over a bunch of recipes an found correlating "make it or break it" ingredients an steps to follow that'll make sure you get the best possible gummies. I started my first recipe I thought was going to be the best with a few tweaks. I'm going to try a few others during this week as time allows. Once the recipe is perfected, will work on the potency/flavor measurement. There is a threshold of extract the gummy will hold before it starts to taste like a Cheeba Chew, which is cool for some just not me. I want to enjoy the gummy an the flavors we create here.

Here's the ingredients from the first recipe:

*6 oz. (Big box of jello) of flavored jello
*1/2 cup granulated sugar (fine/bakers sugar is best)
*5 tablespoons of Knox or other quality gelatin
*1 cup COLD fruit juice (preferably 100% pure)
*1 teaspoon soy lecithin or sunflower lecithin
*5 tablespoons infused coconut oil
*1 tablespoon vegtable glycerin
*2 drops Loranns Mold Inhibitor
*2 drops Loranns Preserve-it antioxidants
*10-20 drops Loranns flavoring (more towards the 20-30 depending on strength)

Supplies:
Silicone molds, any tray that will fit the molds to fill an set in freezer, medium size pot, transfer container like a condiment bottle or injection syringe, candy thermometer, teaspoon, tablespoon an a measuring cup.

Step one:
Take all the dry ingredients an mix them in the medium pot.

Step two
Take 1 cup of COLD juice, this can be a mix like 3/4 cup tart cherry juice and 1/4 coconut water but try to use 100% juice types (I prefer to use pure tart cherry juice) and add to the pot an mix. I used a egg beater attachment on my hand mixer to make sure everything for mixed well. Once mixed you cover for 20 minutes.

Step three:
Now the heat comes into play which is key just like a hard ball set or a chocolate temper. Stick your candy thermometer in now once the 20 minutes have passed and slowly bring to 140 but DO NOT MIX BEFORE!!!!! This is crucial, so when it hits 140 you gently whisk untill you get to 160.

Step four:
Now that we hit the golden temperature you want to whisk in the lecithin, coconut oil, vegtable glycerin, flavoring, antioxidant an mold inhibitor drops an mix well. Pay close attention to the temperature not to go above 180 yet as close to 160 as possible.

Step five:
Once everything is mixed together you can fill your transfer vessel an start filling your gummy molds.

Step six:
Once filled you're going to move them into the freezer for 1 hour.

Step seven:
After the hour you just pop them out an use a big cookie sheet to stand them up like an army or dank gummies so they can dry for 2-3 days (still in the R&D on dry times). I've read some do a corn starch toss, or you can do the 3 tsp citric acid powder to 1 cup bakers sugar toss then hit with a corn starch toss. Many possibilities with the end coating or just plain.

View Image

First attempt at sour gummies......

View Image

The start of something beautiful.....

View Image

Feel free to give suggestions, I welcome all :tiphat:

I want to do this with my undesirable plants where do you get the molds?

FJ2000

I just the mold inhibitor and the natural antioxidants, what’s your experience with the effectiveness of these products? I’d really like to not have to refrigerate all the time. I do use coconut oil rather then the glycerin.