What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump wants death sentences for 'big' dealers

Easy7

Veteran
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/25/politics/trump-death-penalty-drug-dealers/index.html

<cite class="el-editorial-source"> (CNN)</cite>President Donald Trump is advocating for the death penalty for major drug dealers and much harsher punishments for all drug dealing, Axios reports.

The President has been inspired by the policies of Singapore, citing their low rates of drug use and their executions of drug dealers, according to the report.
"He says that a lot," a source who has spoken at length about the subject with the President told Axios. "He says, 'When I ask the prime minister of Singapore do they have a drug problem [the prime minister replies,] 'No. Death penalty.'"
Trump believes a gentler approach to drug trafficking and use is ineffective, according to the report.
Trump could also back legislation that would require people convicted of dealing as little as two grams of the synthetic opioid fentanyl to receive a five-year mandatory jail sentence, according to the Axios report. The law currently requires that sentence for those who deal 40 or more grams of the drug.
Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway believes some of the President's ideas would have support.
"There is an appetite among many law enforcement, health professionals and grieving families that we must toughen up our criminal and sentencing statutes to match the new reality of drugs like fentanyl, which are so lethal in such small doses," she told Axios.

Easy7

Veteran
Timed with a cannabis crackdown?

They could really get all the church folk that vote Trump, panties up all in a twist. They have the WORST drug problems too. So they're gonna be more emotional about it.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
Helping corral all the little guys in, so Big Pharma can win in the end.

Wendull C.

Veteran
We need a sarcasm icon. No, i think the kiebler elf would knife his mama for a political advantage.

I also think anyone convicted of selling fentanyl should be hung with a slip knot out behind the court house. No appeals.

I am a bit schizophrenic on political issues....

igrowone

Veteran
I don't think you understand.

Think good old boy sessions and pals know the difference between weed and fent?

let's try to channel their logic
first thing, there's a 'e' at the 2nd letter of both of their names
so that makes them kind of alike
what other word with 2nd letter 'e'? devil!
all right, both must be stamped out because it's good versus evil

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yes....but arn't all of these pill-mills, doctors and big-pharma the biggest drug dealers that seem to cause most of these drug related deaths....How about bringing some of them to book?

Spaventa

Veteran
Yes....but arn't all of these pill-mills, doctors and big-pharma the biggest drug dealers that seem to cause most of these drug related deaths....How about bringing some of them to book?

Aren't the Britsh government worse? They collect 12 billion a year on tobacco - tobacco they allow the producers to POISON with hundreds of toxic adulterants.
Then, for the punchline, the government says tobacco smokers "burden" the NHS to the tune of 3 billion a year, leaving them with just 9 billion annual profit from the business.
I have to hand it to them, its impressive what they get away with.
Even if I had the lack of humanity to do such things, I doubt id add insult to injury as masterfully to boot.. the ****s.

Brother Nature

Ha, we tried to impose harsher sentences (13 year minimum for dealing or producing) on the 'hard dealers' in our country, which has a big meth problem. All it did was drive the price of meth up 200% which then drove up production leading to more availability and also attracted some of the larger international trafficking groups to our country.

Also, if he's only going after the big dealers maybe it'll drive more people to the gym? (laughs at own joke for too long)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
BOOZE seems to be the biggest cause of death and disaster of all.....
But that fact seems to be conveniently swept under the mat when these politicians start pontificating about drugs......and alcohol is certainly a drug.

Wendull C.

Veteran
Alcohol is a very deadly drug. Watched my someone drink himself to death at the age of 41.

The worst part is, I could walk 5 different places right now and buy enough liquor to be dead by morning.

Thats okay though, but you best not get caught with a roach in certain states. Fuckin hypocrites.

R

Rubber Chicken

Trump to the gallows....

I want to see him wet himself.... but.... but.... i....have a.....really...good...brain???

He wanted the Central Park 5 to be put to death even after they were proven innocent.

R

Rubber Chicken

Sessions prob got sexually a roused by this news.....

mmm, mmm, MMM

picture.php

Mick

Veteran
Got a friend from Singapore who told me that there's lots of weed in Singapore these days. 2-3 grams goes for about $50. There's people around here where I live in Australia that sell for about the same, but that is at the steep end. In the Northern Territory it's about the same.

Last edited: