What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is your trick to edibles?

H

hard rain

Wow. This looks interesting. Anyone else do this? I'm looking for potent extraction without boiling flammables!

I'v tried this (citric acid extraction) and it works. I found it took over a week to work and the plant material didn't completely break down. Not sure why? Personally I will probably stick to oil extraction, either coconut or olive. Just a preference.

Just remembered I have a jar of this in the fridge for about 6 months. Not sure if I should use it? Made with Malawi buds.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I just reread the first post, that mentioned cinnamon. I use lecithin with cannabutter, and thought there must be more butter in the snickerdoodle mix. They seemed twice as strong. Just realized it has cinnamon in it. Wondering if that is what the difference is.

Loc Dog

Veteran
I'v tried this (citric acid extraction) and it works. I found it took over a week to work and the plant material didn't completely break down. Not sure why? Personally I will probably stick to oil extraction, either coconut or olive. Just a preference.

Just remembered I have a jar of this in the fridge for about 6 months. Not sure if I should use it? Made with Malawi buds.

The guy whose cannabutter method I use, said to freeze if need to store more than a month, and confections should be frozen also to retain strength. I have had a bunch in freezer for 2 years, and still strong as hell.

angelgoob

ooo, ooooo you might be onto something with a cinnamon. I took cinnamon by itself and then went to smoke and it was a different high. Hell I even felt a little high by the cinnamon itself!

And it's mentioned in various biblical and healing books.

So, long decarb, adding cinnamon and lecithin, use coconut oil.

I wonder if cleaning the oil before hand to get water solubles out would make the high more clear?

Loc Dog

Veteran
ooo, ooooo you might be onto something with a cinnamon. I took cinnamon by itself and then went to smoke and it was a different high. Hell I even felt a little high by the cinnamon itself!

And it's mentioned in various biblical and healing books.

So, long decarb, adding cinnamon and lecithin, use coconut oil.

I wonder if cleaning the oil before hand to get water solubles out would make the high more clear?

What is the coconut oil supposed to do?

I use this guy from India's tek, using butter. I have Ghee for next run. They have done this for centuries.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=287025

Loc Dog

Veteran
The nice thing about the tek I use, is it is made from sugar leaf trim, which is usually thrown out, and is potent as hell. It soaks for three days in water, after being dried, and water changed at least once a day.

I could not imagine I would trip from one cookie made from throw away leaf.

If you make oil, vape it.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
What is the coconut oil supposed to do?

I use this guy from India's tek, using butter. I have Ghee for next run. They have done this for centuries.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=287025

Coconut oil in and of itself is pretty healthy. In addition, it has mostly medium chain triglycerides (MCT) that are easier for the system to digest. The lecithin will help emulsify the solution and also helps with the first pass digestion allowing more THC to the liver without being destroyed in the stomach. BadKittySmiles goes into quite some depth on this in her threads.

The cinnamon helps by adding terpenes that encourage the ensemble effect. Other foods are known to potentiate the effects of THC such as turmeric, black pepper, and mangos. Check out Beyond Cannabis: Plants and the Endocannabanoid System by Ethan Russo for a complete list of plants that potentiate the endocannabanoid system.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Coconut oil in and of itself is pretty healthy. In addition, it has mostly medium chain triglycerides (MCT) that are easier for the system to digest.
Personally speaking, it's not for everyone.

Eat some coconut oil for a week and see what effect it has on your digestive system. I can tell you my system does not digest it well and it acts like a lubricant. If my body isn't digesting it, I'm definitely not absorbing cannabinoids from it properly.

Always do your own research, find what works best for your own body. I've found real olive oil and clarified butter (ghee) to work best with nearly everyone. I stick with those. :)

angelgoob

has anybody tried bioperine? black pepper extract for better bioavailability?

it works with other shit, so why not?

It's great, I found out a long decarb does not increase CBN that much, but you gotta realize OTHER stuff is turning into something also.

Seeming as though cannabis has animal picking at it and if they get high so what, but what about a sun cured or light cured plant? what kind of high would you get from that? Reminds me of cob curing.

another thing that will help the high is apples, they contain quercitin and that acts on the brain. it cleans up the high a bit and evens it out. small effects. I did try the mango thing and it didn't work. Tried it again and guess what? Didn't work.

what are your tricks? adding alcohol, using direct heat like a torch to decarb your oil first? adding terpenes?

Is there another plant to mix in here with a chemical that inhibits the breakdown of THC for 6 hours? plant would be hard to find, nobody is researching that!

RSO is said to have residue left over that binds up the liver so it doesn't 11hydroxy it an then nor 9 it.

Is there anything that uses the same pathway in the liver?

Loc Dog

Veteran
We know that soy lecithin magnifies the effect of THC. Does anyone know if it also magnifies CBD effect???

Gry

Even and consistent dosing. I use a supplementary sub ligual dosage for seizure activity and nausea.

Latest posts

Latest posts