What's new

First Auto Grow- Sour 60

Kushed_

I started with 11 seeds from a 10-pack. All eleven sprouted. One grew about 2" & died. Two grew to 3" and stopped growing. I am left with one nice male, I am going to make seeds and seven girls. These are 30 days old, growing outside in 5 gal pots, grown in Fox Farm Ocean Forest.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom for me?

Attachments

• 20150518_183149.jpg
    20150518_183149.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 12

KiefRichards

Yeah nice looking S60´s you have!! Good roots space for little autos... I was groving S60 in balcony few years ago and it was one of best autos in that summer! Lets see how big they grow...

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Several 'possible' issues of early growth then died...too rich (too hot) soil, soil too compacted, over watering or having them die of thirst.

Cannot express enough....the value of adding perlite to bagged soil or DIY.

Good luck.

Kushed_

Thanks aridbud!
I used Happy Frog soil. It is very light in nutrients. It has an excellent consistensisity for sprouting germinated seeds. It wasn't a water issue. The seeds are a few years old. One of them didn't look good & I am suprised it even germinated. I am happy with 1 male & 7 girls.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hopefully next grow will reap as good (7 females) or better results.

Last edited:

Kushed_

I am doing a seed crop airbud, so next time I'll be popping a lot more seeds than this time. I am mainly doing this grow to show people in a group on FB how to grow a quick crop to make CO to fight disease.

Kushed_

Here is a photo from today, I am liking the structure .

Attachments

• 20150524_120443.jpg
    20150524_120443.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 15

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am doing a seed crop airbud, so next time I'll be popping a lot more seeds than this time. I am mainly doing this grow to show people in a group on FB how to grow a quick crop to make CO to fight disease.

You don't need to seed more than one or two females. You should have picked the two best looking and biggest females and seeded them. You would have ended up with at least thousand seeds if the plants grew to be a foot tall or more.

Kushed_

I'll have a lot of seeds to give away! I am going to make CO after removing the seeds. I know the bud quality is diminished since the plant is putting it's energy into seed production.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll have a lot of seeds to give away! I am going to make CO after removing the seeds. I know the bud quality is diminished since the plant is putting it's energy into seed production.

I would still keep the two best looking females' seeds separate from the rest.

Kushed_

I like this pheno, it has the best structure and trichome develipment

Attachments

• 20150531_155449.jpg
    20150531_155449.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 20150531_155442.jpg
    20150531_155442.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 20150531_155431.jpg
    20150531_155431.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 12

Seedlin

Several 'possible' issues of early growth then died...too rich (too hot) soil, soil too compacted, over watering or having them die of thirst.

Cannot express enough....the value of adding perlite to bagged soil or DIY.

Good luck.

How much perlite? I am waiting on some Dutch Passion AutoEuforia any day now. My plan is to grow them in Fox Farm Ocean potting soil in 3 gal hempy buckets. Feeding Fox Farm Grow Big. Any suggestions?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
About 1/4- 1/3 perlite mix ratio to soil. Use 1/2 strength every few waterings of Grow Big after about 20-25 days. Autos don't need supplementation in veg stage. Don't over water.

Latest posts

Latest posts