What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD strains for an auto-inflammatory condition (RSO MAKING)

ganesh5000

hello all,
as the title says, i am looking for cbd strains in order of making rso oil for a recently discovered syndrome i have, in which my body produces auto inflammation in different parts of the body (FMF if you are interested..).
right now i've been taking the conventional medicine to prevent this condition, the only problem is that it is actually poison, but in very small dosage it has good effect on the inflammation. in long term usage it can hurt the liver and other vital organs so... am looking to try for myself and see if cbd oil can help me with my condition.

i am looking for a cbd strain with an effect especially in that area.
it wouldn't hurt if it had other blessed side effects like pain relief and helps with appetite, but that's asking for a bonus right now..

i don't know much about this kind of strains, and would appreciate any help or reference to helpful sites or threads in that matter.
Ja bless to you
:tiphat:

The most satisfying strain I have read about for you would be BCBD Harlequin , I have several people in my imediate family that would benefit from this strain in a big way but I can't afford to buy this strain yet, this is not about getting all warm and fuzzy feeling blah blah blah, the smoke reports I have read sound the same so far they usually say they feel like they are in a good mood and the Harlequin smoke takes away every ache and pain.

ganesh5000

cheers mate.

i don't care about getting high from this strain, i care about his medical effect on inflammatory conditions. i get high from the other strains i grow, but unfortunately they don't have the medical effect i'm looking for, very low on cbd..

2 things i should add -

i don't intend on smoking it, at least not the most of it, i want a strain for making rso. just for medication.

i can get seeds in europe, all the seeds from sohum seeds and others that sell only in the states or canada are irrelevant to me, since i don't order by mail anyhow.

i guess cbd crew, tga, mr. nice and others you can get in amsterdam or spain are the most available to me. the question is do they have suitable strains for my request as far as you know?

snake11

Do you have access to testing?? If you pop a ten pack of cbd seeds from somewhere all ten won't have the same cbd level. Testing will help you find that magic one you are searching for. I know someone that grows a great cut of cannatonic but I have seen others that are not so nice. Good luck!!

DemonTrich

Veteran
im super interested. I have a super rare form of rheumatoid arthritis that is extremely debilitating. its called zero-negative sponodlaraphy(sp). makes my major joints (bursa sack) swell up with synovial fluid and keep swelling and keep swelling and keep swelling until I have the joint drained or get a depomedrol and cortisone injections. or I end up in the ER for a week. pain is a 20 on a 10 scale. ive yet to find anything that helps with the inflammation or pain. had a weak ass cbd strain 8:8, made shatter from it, but its only so so. weekly injections only work ok (methotrexate 80ml x1 week).

cannatonic 4 HP (heul perking cut, local Michigan guy) is supposed to be very high in cbd and low in thc (24:1). but its hard for me to travel an hr 1 wat to acquire it.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Connoisseur Genetics are actually excellent breeders. Get a clue before you mouth off. Can't speak to that strain, but they have many good strains and cups to prove it. Your hysteria is not going to frighten off anyone who knows what's up.

I wood

im super interested. I have a super rare form of rheumatoid arthritis that is extremely debilitating. its called zero-negative sponodlaraphy(sp). makes my major joints (bursa sack) swell up with synovial fluid and keep swelling and keep swelling and keep swelling until I have the joint drained or get a depomedrol and cortisone injections. or I end up in the ER for a week. pain is a 20 on a 10 scale. ive yet to find anything that helps with the inflammation or pain. had a weak ass cbd strain 8:8, made shatter from it, but its only so so. weekly injections only work ok (methotrexate 80ml x1 week).

cannatonic 4 HP (heul perking cut, local Michigan guy) is supposed to be very high in cbd and low in thc (24:1). but its hard for me to travel an hr 1 wat to acquire it.
That does not sound like much fun.
You might find great relief with a topical that is made with cbd.

DemonTrich

Veteran
ill give anything a try to avoid depomedrol/cortisone injections for flareups. my body can only take so much more of that until my body starts to have adverse reactions to the drugs. when I do end up in the Er, they give me fentanyl for pain, HORRIBLE HORRIBLE shit. that's about the only thing that works.

ganesh5000

steroids are awful, luckily i don't need them.

it seems i can get cannatonic in the place i buy from, it's from resin seeds, not a name i am familiar with, if this is the one you meant, i'd appreciate if you let me know.

right now i don't have access for a test lab (illegal) but i can get this home tests, if they are any good. from a quick serach i made i saw one at 200$ so it's a small price to pay in the serach of the perfect cbd mother plant.

any other breeders i should check out? pennywise by tga, heard any good reports on that? it's a cross of Harlequin and jack the ripper.

DemonTrich

Veteran
I forgot about that ac/dc strain. I heard/read it was high is cbd. In a week or so im fortunate enough to scoop up a cannatonic 4 and give that a go.

NW Wheeze

--->DemonTrich
As mentioned above by another user, I would also recommend trying a topical application. I have seen incredible results using topicals, ranging from treating migraines to 'somehow fixing herniated vertibrae'. I have no idea how or why it works, but the patients I work with swear by it. Google "Skunkpharm Holy Annointing Oil", use caution with the cinammon bark oil it will burn your skin if you use too much.

The best plant I have found for pain relief is a cross of AK-47 and Harlequin I picked up from a local grower. It has the prettiest flowery smell of any plant I have grown, I love going in my grow room when I have that strain flowering.

ganesh5000

NW Wheeze - great link mate.
can you use the rso as is, as a topical ointment or do i have to go through the fuss of mixing it with coconut oil?

correct me if i'm wrong, but ac/dc is cannatonic, no?

ganesh5000

quick question about Decarboxylating rso since i don't find any instruction on how to do it.

when i make the rso i heat the mixture, then i let it seat on a coffee heater for the night to evaporate the rest of the solvent (ipa).

after that, what should i do to Decarboxylate the rso? heat it to how much and for how long?

and does that mean i don't have to Decarboxylate it if i take it orally, not in edibles, as is?

snake11

quick question about Decarboxylating rso since i don't find any instruction on how to do it.

when i make the rso i heat the mixture, then i let it seat on a coffee heater for the night to evaporate the rest of the solvent (ipa).

after that, what should i do to Decarboxylate the rso? heat it to how much and for how long?

and does that mean i don't have to Decarboxylate it if i take it orally, not in edibles, as is?

Decarbing is a combination of time and tempetature. More temp less time needed, less temp more time needed. There is a good chance that a lot of it will be decarbed from being on the heater overnight. Watch for the little co2 bubbles to stop coming out and it is probably fully decarbed. All oil for edibles needs to be decarboxylated to work properly.

ganesh5000

many thanks mate :)
i managed to find some threads about decarb eventually..
thanks for all the help and info, will use it for good purposes :)

Dr.King

Veteran
Tons of CBD strains.

http://synergycbd.com/cdb-rich-strains/

Another good site for information about CBD.

http://www.projectcbd.org/

The Stanley brothers in Colorado have the top leading CBD strain which is called "Charlotte’s Web". They just recently got it moved too cali as well. Here's a link to the strain with info.

https://www.leafly.com/sativa/charlottes-web

I too am growing some of CBD crew's Medi Haze and Mango Haze which are 2:1 ratio usually 10-15% CBD to 5%-10% THC. I do them for my parents which are in need of meds that do not effect the brain in a bad way. We now know through a year long MRI and CT scans that smoking cannabis actually helps protect the brain instead of doing any harm. Weed3 which aired on CNN a few weeks back explained mostly all this. As that aired my Dad whom I have been smoking with for 5+ years laughed really hard at that and said "I already knew weed was protecting my brain but science would never believe me. Now they have too hahahaha." Hope you feel better man :tiphat:.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
a friend of mine has grown out and tested several of sin city's CBD offerings and is finding most of them in the 2:1 range with total cannabinoids over 20%. incredible power is his favorite so far.

just one word of caution, the original RSO recipe uses naphtha which is commonly considered carcinogenic.

i'm finding ethanol (grain alcohol) to be an excellent solvent IME.

here's a quote from grey wolf on the subject:

Rick Simpson and his circle believes that Naphtha is the only effective solution, but my own experience doesn't support that. We've had successes with BHO and QWET as well.

It is the cannabis plant that produces the life saving medicine and both Butane and Naphtha both simply take all that is there.

Kudos to Rick for what he has added to the cannabis movement, but I seriously disagree with specifying Naphtha. Naphtha simply specifies a boiling point range of between 30C and 200C, not what is in it.

Some Naphtha contain Benzene, a carcinogen.

Even if it is correctly called "Light Naphtha", to specify a boiling point between 30C and 90C, it may still contain Benzene.

Some Light Naphtha's like Coleman stove fuel, also contain Heptane, which boils at 99C/210F and is hard to purge.

We prefer Pentane or Hexane, which are the simple alkanes boiling between 30C and 90C.

Latest posts

Latest posts