What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Refrigerator Bud. Royal kush and Blue Hash. first grow

S

Stonyherbs

Ok. This is my first ever grow. Please chime in if u see somethin that needs help. Where i am i cannot get good quality herbs. So i am saying No to commercial bud. My goal is to hold out till i can smoke my own quality grown herb.
With that being said... i have a lot at stake here.

Its being done in a converted refrigerator.
Lights. Custom 400 watt LED. (I Grew tomatos with these. Lol)
Dirt. FFOF
NUTES Full line of FF
Water ph 6.7 or so.
Temp 75 - 80
RH 65
Lights 24/7 Veg

So the strains are Power Kush and Blue hash. The cindy 99 did not pop. (Bummer).
Anyway this is my first grow so i have been taking pics night and day. I did have a ph issue and the Royal Kush had issues but all is well now thanks to kind people in the infirmary. ( Thank you).
The grow is about two weeks in. I plan on taking cuttings from both and making them mothers. While i flower the main plant...need some herbs....

S

Stonyherbs

Royal Kush
picture.php
picture.php

S

Stonyherbs

So i found a lady bug and tossed her in. You might see her on the blue hash. I believe they are ok. If not please let me know.

S

Stonyherbs

Ok well the height pic of the blue hash is really shitty. I will post new pics in a few days.

The pots are only 2/3 full and i need to top them off. I want to take cuttings from both plants. So i was going to take them from the bottom and clone them. Then add the new soil up the stem to make the pot full.

At least this way i can preserve the genetics for my self and flower the main plant to get some tasty buds faster.

I personally dont know if its better to have a mother come from seed or as a clone. But either way this is how it is. If there is any opinions on this i would appreciate it for future refrence.:joint:

S

Stonyherbs

Ok so i have decided to do some LST training with both ladies. I figure this is the best way to maximize space.

Both girls are at 6 inter nodes. I plan on removing the foliage from the bottom three nodes then filling the pots to their upper level.

Next i will train the upper two internodes. And top them.

:watchplant:

S

Stonyherbs

Ok update.
I did remove the bottom branches. Then i added FFLW to fill the pots. I went with foxfarm light warrior because i am trying to entice the main stem to heal and to sprout roots. I will let the ladies veg for a while then i will top them and use those cuttings to clone. At that point i will do some LST training. Will probably start b4 i top.

I watered both with filtered water fixed to 6.5 ph. I added 1/2 TBL spoon of FF microbrew and Boomerang for the stress. I only gave 1/2 gallon each. Tomorrow i will add another 1/2 gallon of ph balanced water.

S

Stonyherbs

Here is the next morning after removing three internodes of vegitation. The Blue Hash seems to be doing stellar. The Royal kush is displaying some minor leaf fold. Its as i figured that she would be in more distress than her bunk mate the Blue Hash.

Later this evening i will water both ladies again. Just ph balanced water. No nutes. Then they will be left alone for a few days to recover. :joint:

S

Stonyherbs

Ok i have decided to try the defoil method to maximize my very limited grow space. A few days ago i removed the bottom three nodes of growth because my pots were not full of soil. That has now been corrected.

Now i know that this is a very controversial subject amongst many growers. But after reading K33Ftr33z thread and pdf on the subject i figure "Grow big or go home". I am going to utilize his (and every one else who contributed to that thread. thank you) years of experience and give it a shot. The way i look at it either way i will have some bud.

Now the Royal Kush has not fully recovered from the removal of the bottom branches yet. So i will give her a few more days. She is also behind the BH in growth.

I did defoil the BH though. I left the bottom two fan leaves because they dont block any light. When she recovers and i see growth then those bad boys are gone.

S

Stonyherbs

Thanks for being the first Red Fang. I appreciate you stopping in. :joint: