Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > Always happens in week 5-6 in flower.

Thread Title Search
Always happens in week 5-6 in flower. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2018, 09:17 AM #1
Dirrtybirdy

Dirrtybirdy is on a distinguished road
Always happens in week 5-6 in flower.

Hey everyone,

This is my 3rd run. Everything was going good up until mid week 5. So for the last 2 runs this same issue has been happening. The leaves will start producing these little brown spots and on some leaves the edge of the fan leaves will turn brown and turn to a crisp. I'm not too sure what's happenning. At first I thought it was a calcium deficiency then it started to look like a potassium deficiency.

I tried to flush and reset the feed with 5ml/g of Calmag and a little more npk raw potassium . But it didn't really correct the issue and it seems like it slowed down the bud development. Im getting stuck on this problem that happens around this time, everytime.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Dirrtybirdy is offline Quote

Old 07-10-2018, 09:51 AM #2
Rubber Chicken

Rubber Chicken has a brilliant futureRubber Chicken has a brilliant futureRubber Chicken has a brilliant futureRubber Chicken has a brilliant futureRubber Chicken has a brilliant futureRubber Chicken has a brilliant futureRubber Chicken has a brilliant futureRubber Chicken has a brilliant futureRubber Chicken has a brilliant futureRubber Chicken has a brilliant futureRubber Chicken has a brilliant future
Seems like nute burn to my unscientific eyes?

I think you will get much better advice than mine, but if i see the very tips of leaves starting to yellow i just give water, and if it still spreads a little more then i flush with extra water.

I wont pretend to be a natural green thumb though.
Rubber Chicken is offline Quote

Old 07-10-2018, 10:11 AM #3
Teddybrae

Teddybrae is a glorious beacon of lightTeddybrae is a glorious beacon of lightTeddybrae is a glorious beacon of lightTeddybrae is a glorious beacon of lightTeddybrae is a glorious beacon of lightTeddybrae is a glorious beacon of lightTeddybrae is a glorious beacon of lightTeddybrae is a glorious beacon of lightTeddybrae is a glorious beacon of lightTeddybrae is a glorious beacon of lightTeddybrae is a glorious beacon of light
How's your drainage?

wet feet will result in leaves like that. having said this, I don't want to contradict previous post. a flush will not make the problem worse as long as you're sure roots will dry out properly.

good luck ...

"... Earth grows People ..." Allan Watts

"The key ... seems to always be in Balance and Diversity" ICMag Member Sticky Sat
Teddybrae is online now Quote

Old 07-10-2018, 02:24 PM #4
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like pH is too low. Need some details.

Medium
Temps
Nutrients
pH
Rh
Etc
Lester Beans is offline Quote

Old 07-10-2018, 04:42 PM #5
Dirrtybirdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Beans View Post
Looks like pH is too low. Need some details.

Medium
Temps
Nutrients
pH
Rh
Etc
Sorry, posted this late night and forgot the details.

Rockwool
75-79 day/60-62 nights
I'll get a list later today. Ppm was at 1700 now at 1200
5.8 pH
48-52 rh
Mix spectrum lighting (1000w led/nanolux de 1000)

Old 07-10-2018, 04:44 PM #6
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud of
I had leaves that looked like that before, it was caused by low PH.
Test the PH of your runout, I think you will find it low as lester pointed out above.
Best of luck.
Shag
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

SEEDPAC Politically Active Cannabis

Fighting for Michigan's Medical Marihuana
Patients and Caregivers rights

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:46 PM #7
Dirrtybirdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybrae View Post
How's your drainage?

wet feet will result in leaves like that. having said this, I don't want to contradict previous post. a flush will not make the problem worse as long as you're sure roots will dry out properly.

good luck ...
Drainage is fine. There's always a dry down to about 10-20% before watering again. Did a flush 6 days ago and it seemed to slow down the issue.

Old 07-10-2018, 04:50 PM #8
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Ppm 1700 is the problem. Nutrient burn. Good you got it lowered. Flush really well and then feed half strength nutrients until normal growth resumes.

Everything else looks right on.

Good luck!
Lester Beans is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:50 PM #9
Dirrtybirdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybrae View Post
How's your drainage?

good luck ...
Drainage is fine. There's always a dry down to about 10-20% before watering again. Did a flush 6 days ago and it seemed to slow down the issue.

Old 07-10-2018, 05:58 PM #10
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant future
The biggest problem I see with plants that are having problems is when people use too much nutrients.

Less is more.

2 members found this post helpful.