Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > General Gardening > What's wrong with my pepper plant?

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
What's wrong with my pepper plant? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2018, 06:49 AM #1
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to behold
What's wrong with my pepper plant?

There appears to be wilting on mostly the top leaves as well as some yellowing and spots. I seem to be doing everything right and my other plant isn't having this problem. Possibly mosaic virus? Figured someone here would know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0026.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	459532 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0027.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	459533
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

Old 06-15-2018, 06:57 AM #2
Medfinder

Medfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud of
overwatering?

pinch between thumb and forefinger the very tip of the leaf...

if its moist back off on the watering.

get a moisture meter from amazon

Acts 2:38 (KJV)
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Genesis 1:29 (KJV)
29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Medfinder is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:23 AM #3
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to behold
Nope not over watering. No moisture coming from the leaves when I pinch them. Also, the soil is not overly moist and I have not been watering them very much lately. Thank you though.

Old 06-15-2018, 08:35 AM #4
xet

xet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nice
Way too much water.

Let the soil dry, stop keeping it moist, and let the leaves show some need for water.

I used to grow 60 peppers trees in my back yard with tabascos 7' tall and lots of other varieties.

You are killing your plant

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:03 AM #5
JustSumTomatoes

Will do. Thanks.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:21 AM #6
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
I'm going to take a guess the plant was just recently transplanted under the Sun.

Working on Something Sneaky

25 Days Left
troutman is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:52 PM #7
JustSumTomatoes

I transplanted it a few weeks ago. It has been receiving full sun ever since.

Old 06-15-2018, 10:01 PM #8
Betterhaff

Betterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant future
Looks like they’re in pots, what’s the medium? You want a well draining mix.
Betterhaff is offline Quote

Old 06-16-2018, 10:16 AM #9
JustSumTomatoes

Miracle grow potting mix (yeah I know MG sucks.) I added some perlite to it to help with drainage. The pot it's in is about 7 gallons give or take. Soil is beginning to dry out now. It's a hot banana pepper plant I got on clearance. The jalapeno plant beside it seems to be doing better than it at the moment. First time growing peppers for me. Figured they were cheap so I'd give them a shot.

Old 06-22-2018, 01:59 AM #10
pumpkinpie eyes

pumpkinpie eyes is just really nicepumpkinpie eyes is just really nicepumpkinpie eyes is just really nicepumpkinpie eyes is just really nicepumpkinpie eyes is just really nicepumpkinpie eyes is just really nicepumpkinpie eyes is just really nicepumpkinpie eyes is just really nice
the more moist soil is, the milder peppers are. let it dry out a bit an water sparingly.
pumpkinpie eyes is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.