Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > The Blood and Bones of the Fallen Grow Flowers

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
The Blood and Bones of the Fallen Grow Flowers Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2018, 08:08 AM #1
justiceman

justiceman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to all
The Blood and Bones of the Fallen Grow Flowers

Sup everyone! I'm starting up a small outdoor grow this season and I am keeping this as basic as possible. It's been a while since the last one but I'm ready for some fun. A lot of people have already started. I'm a little late to the party which is fine as I don't really want them to get too huge. It is so much fun growing outside spending time in the sun and I think what I like best is the soil preparation. Come along for the journey.

Heres a throwback from a few years ago. It was a lot of fun.

Here are the new beans getting ready!

And here is the beginning of new life

Strain: Dutch Passion Outlaw, GenoFarm Farm Cheese, Strain Hunters Afgooey
Medium: Organic soil
Grow Space: 2x8x10" raised bed, 4x8x10" raised bed
Lighting: The Sun
Nutrients: Blood Meal, Bone Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Kelp Meal, Dolomite Lime(Powdered), Earth Worm Castings, and last but not least Love

I germed the seeds a couple days ago and made LC's mix #2 for them to enjoy while they gear up for action. LC's mix is one of my favorites. It's a super solid simple mix that can be used in various ways.

LC's mix #2
6 parts Fox Farms Ocean Forest or a quality basic soil
2 parts Perlite
2 parts Earthworm Castings
1Tbps per gallon Dolomite Lime(powdered)

Alright on to the raised beds. I have a 2'x8'x10" and a 4'x8'x10". They are solid and have been holding the soil from my previous outdoor a few years ago. I decided I would amend the soil again and cleared out the natural vegetation that was growing. Recipe #1 from LC's soil mix recommendations is my choice.

Recipe #1
1 tablespoon Blood meal per gallon or 1/2 cup per cubic foot of soil mix
2 tablespoons Bone meal per gallon or 1 cup per cubic foot of soil mix
1-tablespoon kelp meal per gallon or 1/2 cup per cubic foot of soil mix

You may have noticed that Alfalfa Meal somehow snuck it's way into my nutrient list. Well that's because I only had a bit of kelp meal left over but I had some alfalfa meal laying around so..... I used them in combination to make up for the lack of Kelp. I know it's not exactly the same and Alfalfa provides a bit more N than kelp however it has a really nice amount of K. Should work out just fine.

For the next 2-4 weeks I'll be watering and mixing my beds around. The mixing will ensure a more even distribution of the organic matter and the periodic watering will help to bring the microbes alive and going strong. Then they will start breaking down the blood, bones, kelp, and alfalfa into a usable state for the plants.
justiceman is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-30-2018, 02:55 PM #2
starke

starke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to all
Yep, I'm subbed to this one too. Need to learn all I can in case FL politicians ever get their heads out of their collective asses and I get to put a few girls outdoors.
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

Current Grows: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....343153&page=38 Page 38 forward

Real Gorilla Seeds Sour Orange Diesel Grow
starke is offline Quote

Old 05-30-2018, 04:33 PM #3
iTarzan

iTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud of
I will follow along. Your past garden looked real good. Did you get some nice flowers? How long is your season in the void?

Right now the plots look like fresh grave sites.
iTarzan is offline Quote

Old 05-30-2018, 07:53 PM #4
justiceman

justiceman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by starke View Post
Yep, I'm subbed to this one too. Need to learn all I can in case FL politicians ever get their heads out of their collective asses and I get to put a few girls outdoors.
Good to have you along for the ride! Hopefully you too will soon get to enjoy the power of the sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTarzan View Post
I will follow along. Your past garden looked real good. Did you get some nice flowers? How long is your season in the void?

Right now the plots look like fresh grave sites.
Thank you. I did get some great flowers from that run. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures as I was not as diligent about taking them at the time. haha my season in The Void lasts quite a while.

Seems to be a good growing season even in late April early May, but I typically wait to put plants out till around June to make sure they don't flower and then revert back to veg. Still plenty of time to get large as the growing season doesn't really end till late September and sometimes early October around here.

Old 06-01-2018, 01:58 AM #5
justiceman

Just a little Afgooey seedling. So far so good

Old 06-01-2018, 02:30 AM #6
green404
Banned

green404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of light
Nice, I am in to see how it grows.

I love raised beds, the "blood and bones" will be interesting.
green404 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:23 AM #7
GastroGrower

GastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of light
Subbed!

Video Journals of my grows: GastroGrowers YouTube Channel
GastroGrower is offline Quote

Old 06-04-2018, 09:57 PM #8
justiceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by green404 View Post
Nice, I am in to see how it grows.

I love raised beds, the "blood and bones" will be interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GastroGrower View Post
Subbed!

Right on fellas. Good to have you along for the ride!

-------------------------------------------------------

Alright these little ladies are starting to have a good time. Just occasionally using unfiltered tap water. They don’t need anything else as LC's mix #2 has got a good amount of food in it already. Easy peasy.

I decided to add one more seed for this grow. It’s a G13 Blueberry Gum #2. She’ll catch up in no time.

Farm Cheese

Outlaw

Afgooey

Blueberry Gum #2

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:43 PM #9
LungCooking

LungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really nice
no AACT brewing yet?
LungCooking is offline Quote

Old 06-07-2018, 04:00 PM #10
tleaf jr.
Came up off 75w

tleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud of