Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Cannabis Business Network > Tissue Culture : Micropropagation

Thread Title Search
Tissue Culture : Micropropagation Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2018, 05:23 PM #1
bubbleman
Bubble Ambassador

bubbleman is a name known to allbubbleman is a name known to allbubbleman is a name known to allbubbleman is a name known to allbubbleman is a name known to allbubbleman is a name known to allbubbleman is a name known to allbubbleman is a name known to allbubbleman is a name known to allbubbleman is a name known to allbubbleman is a name known to all
Tissue Culture : Micropropagation

I am going to be in Spannabis this Week, for Spannabis, and will be working with a company specializing in Tissue Culture. We will be presenting for companies that are both large scale growers, or holding unique genetic library's.

https://segra-intl.com

Tissue culture (“TC”) is a process that involves exposing plant tissue to a specific regimen of nutrients, hormones, and lights under sterile, in vitro conditions to produce many new plants, each a clone of the original mother plant, over a very short period of time. The technique has been commercialized for more than four decades and is being used for the vegetative propagation of millions of superior plants annually in horticulture and forestry for the last several decades. During this time period, plant tissue culture has effectively moved from the confines of small laboratories and has taken its place among some of the more mainstream, broad-scale techniques employed by the agriculture industry. It is estimated that the current global market of tissue cultured products is several billion plants annually and the demand is increasing steadily. Research and advancement in plant tissue culture techniques have become especially important in the agricultural community over the past ten years.

Tissue culture technique can allow propagators to select desirable variants and generate new, viable cultivars more quickly and easily. It also speeds the introduction of hybrid cultivars; through tissue culture, new cultivars reach sufficient numbers to become commercially available in two to three years, whereas cultivars produced with traditional propagation methods require six to seven years. Tissue culture technique helps eliminate systemic diseases in starting materials, dramatically reduces greenhouse space required for maintaining stock plants, and provides growers with healthy and uniform plants year-round.

If you or your company is interested in a short presentation to how Tissue culture can help you, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our main contact at kevin.m@segra-intl.com and let us set up a time. If your not going to be at Spannabis, we are happy to do online Skype Presentations.

Segra is based out of Both Vancouver BC, Canada, as well as California. Hope to see you all there
Attached Thumbnails
slider3mobile2.jpg MG_1219.jpg

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:18 AM #2
billy_big_bud!
Proud Cannadian Cannabist

billy_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud of
pardon my french but thats fuckin awesome

Old 03-06-2018, 02:38 AM #3
marmarb

marmarb is a jewel in the roughmarmarb is a jewel in the roughmarmarb is a jewel in the roughmarmarb is a jewel in the roughmarmarb is a jewel in the roughmarmarb is a jewel in the roughmarmarb is a jewel in the rough
Do they have kits on the market looking at the ones from monster garden seems to be completely over priced. Found a website that I can put the same kit together for less than half the price.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:46 AM #4
bubbleman
Bubble Ambassador

bubbleman is a name known to allbubbleman is a name known to allbubbleman is a name known to allbubbleman is a name known to allbubbleman is a name known to allbubbleman is a name known to allbubbleman is a name known to allbubbleman is a name known to allbubbleman is a name known to allbubbleman is a name known to allbubbleman is a name known to all
NO they are a large scale company that will offer it as a service.. Maybe one day they will sell Kits, but at this point the majority of their IP is being used in their own TC lab.

Bubbleman

Old 03-06-2018, 09:49 AM #5
Stickybred420

Stickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really nice
its easy to figure out how to do yourself. awesome resource that u toob. manymany great videos lots of info
Stickybred420 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-06-2018, 02:36 PM #6
ahortator

ahortator is a glorious beacon of lightahortator is a glorious beacon of lightahortator is a glorious beacon of lightahortator is a glorious beacon of lightahortator is a glorious beacon of lightahortator is a glorious beacon of lightahortator is a glorious beacon of lightahortator is a glorious beacon of lightahortator is a glorious beacon of lightahortator is a glorious beacon of lightahortator is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Tissue culture technique can allow propagators to select desirable variants and generate new, viable cultivars more quickly and easily. It also speeds the introduction of hybrid cultivars
Hi. Personally I am not very interested in more new hybrids.

Anyway, your job seems very interesting.

Do you know if there is any company or lab working with protoplast fusion in order to create hybrids among Cannabis and other species. Legalization has not yet reached all countries, as many people believe. And I think my country will be the last one.

Quote:
Somatic cell fusion appears to be the only means through which two different parental genomes can be recombined among plants that cannot reproduce sexually (asexual or sterile)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somatic_fusion
Greetings.

Old 03-06-2018, 06:41 PM #7
led05

led05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmarb View Post
Do they have kits on the market looking at the ones from monster garden seems to be completely over priced. Found a website that I can put the same kit together for less than half the price.
everything, and I mean everything that is marketed and focused on the Cannabis space can be bought elsewhere for half or even less most the time. Buying products marketed into this space is akin to throwing your money away, at least for the time being, sadly. It will change but for now, spend a little extra time looking around for a lot of savings.... Better quality product(s) normally too...

Tissue culture and propagation has been going on for decades, no reason to spend twice or more than necessary for products marketed into this space.... no offense I hope...

Old 03-06-2018, 10:18 PM #8
ambertrichome

ambertrichome is just really niceambertrichome is just really niceambertrichome is just really niceambertrichome is just really niceambertrichome is just really niceambertrichome is just really niceambertrichome is just really niceambertrichome is just really niceambertrichome is just really nice
There are kits available.

I did this in the 90s. I bought my kit from Worms Way.

EVERYTHING has to be sterile. BEst not to have any carpeting, windows, curtains. No kinds of cloth ect that dust can hold onto.

Its a constant sterilization event for each step.

You gotta clean the room like your preparing for a head transplant.

I also used Saran Wrap on all skin parts. Took off all clothes. Yep. Wrapped all hair ect, in Saran Wrap Shaved eyebrows, and any exposed hair that couldn't be covered.

Lysoled down the Saran Wrap. Gotta make your own little box ect. I used an Aquarium, Plexiglass, cut holes.

You have to NEVER let the Tissue be EVEN FLASHED FOR 1,000,000TH OF A SECOND TO ANY uva/uvb OR THEY ARE INSTANTLY DEAD.
They are propogated under Cool White Fluoro, and then transitioned over to a Mix of Coll/Warm.

The Kit I used came with Agar as the base.

But the main things are, it has to be sterile, and Never Ever ANY UV xposure.

If dust gets into the equation, the bacteria ect, is a more simple life form, and will grow first, and kill the weed tissue.

I used 1 Sq/Cm of Leaf Tissue per propogation tube/jar. Tissue also has to be sterilized ect.

Its a long slow process, BUT is Doable, and IMHO, worth it if you have the space, and determination, but you have to adhere 100000% to the procedure.
ambertrichome is offline Quote

Old 03-07-2018, 12:11 AM #9
led05

led05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambertrichome View Post
There are kits available.

I did this in the 90s. I bought my kit from Worms Way.

EVERYTHING has to be sterile. BEst not to have any carpeting, windows, curtains. No kinds of cloth ect that dust can hold onto.

Its a constant sterilization event for each step.

You gotta clean the room like your preparing for a head transplant.

I also used Saran Wrap on all skin parts. Took off all clothes. Yep. Wrapped all hair ect, in Saran Wrap Shaved eyebrows, and any exposed hair that couldn't be covered.

Lysoled down the Saran Wrap. Gotta make your own little box ect. I used an Aquarium, Plexiglass, cut holes.

You have to NEVER let the Tissue be EVEN FLASHED FOR 1,000,000TH OF A SECOND TO ANY uva/uvb OR THEY ARE INSTANTLY DEAD.
They are propogated under Cool White Fluoro, and then transitioned over to a Mix of Coll/Warm.

The Kit I used came with Agar as the base.

But the main things are, it has to be sterile, and Never Ever ANY UV xposure.

If dust gets into the equation, the bacteria ect, is a more simple life form, and will grow first, and kill the weed tissue.

I used 1 Sq/Cm of Leaf Tissue per propogation tube/jar. Tissue also has to be sterilized ect.

Its a long slow process, BUT is Doable, and IMHO, worth it if you have the space, and determination, but you have to adhere 100000% to the procedure.
for all that work you should have just built a laminar flow hood my man !

Old 03-07-2018, 02:43 AM #10
marmarb

marmarb is a jewel in the roughmarmarb is a jewel in the roughmarmarb is a jewel in the roughmarmarb is a jewel in the roughmarmarb is a jewel in the roughmarmarb is a jewel in the roughmarmarb is a jewel in the rough
Oh I know say a kit bigger than the monster garden one for less than half the price.